• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

raven777

BbvbSslCYAAd3Uj.jpg:large

can't wait until she comes to console.

raven777

Color swap of her other (blue) outfit?

well, it is a color swap of her b outfit but it is an official outfit, not a photoshop.

I wonder when they will give her to the console version. I assume it will be a while after the arcade release.

From the Tecmo Twitter feed? I got the two Atelier games and Dynasty Warriors. Not too shabby!

Yes :) I wanted to get NG3 but no luck :( I reckon it'll probably come to PS+ eventually, though.

Nice that the trophies are unlocking quickly from my stats carrying over from Core Fighters. Had to play some specific matches to get them to register, though, but getting through them. Nice that I don't need to do another 100 online matches anyway.

Only thing that hasn't seemed to unlock yet is DOA2 and 3 music packs, even though I've done Arcade mode twice now...

m0t0k1

Yes :) I wanted to get NG3 but no luck :( I reckon it'll probably come to PS+ eventually, though.

Nice that the trophies are unlocking quickly from my stats carrying over from Core Fighters. Had to play some specific matches to get them to register, though, but getting through them. Nice that I don't need to do another 100 online matches anyway.

Only thing that hasn't seemed to unlock yet is DOA2 and 3 music packs, even though I've done Arcade mode twice now...

Ahh damn if only i knew this was coming. i think its time to subscribe to their twitter.

I just started playing the ps3 version of core fighters. my mains used to be Hitomi and Kokoro but i was never that good at DOA usually rank arround C- ohh well i think Kasumi will manage for now.

Guys, what the hell?! How come I've only just discovered that you can make the girls' boobs jiggle by shaking the controller? God damn.

First time experiencing OMG mode over here, too :)

Guys, what the hell?! How come I've only just discovered that you can make the girls' boobs jiggle by shaking the controller? God damn.

First time experiencing OMG mode over here, too :)

I remember a japanese commercial for one of the PS3 Ninja Gaiden games where they were making a big deal over it. I accidentally discovered the remote shaking then immediately thought of that commercial, then thought "IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW"

as for OMG, I double random'd one match to see how it looked. Tina came up as the opponent and I nearly died of laughter, OMG is so ridiculous lol.

Haha, I remember it in NG so I should have realised it would be in DOA too. Never even crossed my mind until I accidentally did it earlier as well XD

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Haha, I remember it in NG so I should have realised it would be in DOA too. Never even crossed my mind until I accidentally did it earlier as well XD

They actually added it in later, it wasn't at launch

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
The controller shaking is only in Ultimate, right? Might explain why I'd never noticed it before and only recently stumbled on it.

I think so, yeah. I think it was a month or two after release when they patched it in.

stn

Is there a fast way to unlock all the costumes? Or must I beat arcade/tag/time attack with each character? Thanks.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Free Hitomi in Core Fighters "Demo"/F2P.

Get it now, since it's apparently a limited time thing if you plan to play her/Core Fighters sometime in the future.

Nice of Tecmo/Team Ninja to do that. I really wonder if they'll do it for the other characters to where people that wait get the "full game" for free outside of Story mode and outfits.

Loona

I hope, that new Kasumi win pose is really good.
Wonder if Marie Rose update is gonna be the last update for this game, just saying, because Tecmos twitter is rather quiet about DoA related news.

On the other hand, the Team Ninja twitter has been annoyingly repetitive lately about trying to send people to its FB page, as if the Yaiba stuff I don't care about wasn't enough.

On the other hand, the Team Ninja twitter has been annoyingly repetitive lately about trying to send people to its FB page, as if the Yaiba stuff I don't care about wasn't enough.

Aye, I almost thought they were bigging up some announcement come the turn of the new year or something, like dates for Marie Rose etc. But looks like they're just doing some FB promoting :/

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I hope, that new Kasumi win pose is really good.
Wonder if Marie Rose update is gonna be the last update for this game, just saying, because Tecmos twitter is rather quiet about DoA related news.

I don't see them adding Marie Rose into the PS3/360 versions TBH. That's going to take more effort than it's probably worth doing, especially if there's even more animations being added for the existing characters, as we're now seeing with new win poses and the like.

I bet "DOA5 Ultimate Plus" gets announced for PS4/Xbone next year. Hope I'm wrong...although at the same time I do want to see next-gen versions of this game.

I don't see them adding Marie Rose into the PS3/360 versions TBH. That's going to take more effort than it's probably worth doing, especially if there's even more animations being added for the existing characters, as we're now seeing with new win poses and the like.

I bet "DOA5 Ultimate Plus" gets announced for PS4/Xbone next year. Hope I'm wrong...although at the same time I do want to see next-gen versions of this game.

I'm pretty sure she'll come in a free patch tbh. They said regarding Marie that they haven't forgotten about their Western fans and will have more news about it in time. I think we'll get her.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I'm pretty sure she'll come in a free patch tbh. They said regarding Marie that they haven't forgotten about their Western fans and will have more news about it in time. I think we'll get her.

"We haven't forgotten about you. Please buy the new DOA5 for consoles, coming soon!"

I mean, this is Tecmo-Koei, after all. They're more port-happy than everyone else, LOL.

Top Bottom