• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Timu

Geez. Awful quality, but still...

ikRgDEMdruvf5.gif

Its a good win pose, IMO.
You get a full body shot and then the close up. The worst/most dull win poses just show the upper body and then the close up.

Edit: Well that was dumb. My link was wrong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORGmylFN_aI
Very nice.=O

Is this out in arcades yet?

To the best of my knowledge no. At least I can't find anything saying it officially released yet. I don't really get why it's taking so long. I know they're adding a character, but for the most part it's really just a port. Oh well, later is better than never I guess.

Niitris

It came out last week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHToUxhQ5Uc

As someone who used to scoff at DoA, I really enjoy watching this game a lot. I like this game's combat aesthetics more than the other 3D fighters. Where a few games went to more combo-heavy directions that wind up looking obnoxious and break the momentum of the viewing, DoA still feels like the way it did in DoA2 (fast-paced, short but powerful moments that change the tide of battle). It just now it has gameplay that finally has some competitive respect. Also the counter system, while still it's biggest flaw, is probably the game's greatest strength (appears to give the game more offensive variety).

I heard that not a lot of people are playing it though, which isn't a good sign. It could be because of the tournament that Tecmo Koei is holding (for the console version) that ends on January 12th, so all the serious players would be dedicated to that (so still too early to tell imo).

stn

How hard is Jacky to use execution-wise? I main Jann Lee and am wondering if I should invest time in Jacky.

I heard that not a lot of people are playing it though, which isn't a good sign. It could be because of the tournament that Tecmo Koei is holding (for the console version) that ends on January 12th, so all the serious players would be dedicated to that (so still too early to tell imo).

I was worried that this was going to happen. It's not very surprising since obviously this game's problems are well documented, but it's still a bit dissapointing to hear. I'm still trying to cling on to this stupid and misguided hope that the game being the arcades would lead to some positive changes in the gameplay. I guess it is a bit early like you said, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see if the numbers improve.

Skilletor

How hard is Jacky to use execution-wise? I main Jann Lee and am wondering if I should invest time in Jacky.

I'd say they're comparable. Jacky is harder, but not by too much. He's one of the easier characters to learn in VF and all of the VF characters are easier in DoA.

Skilletor

Why can't I buy the catalog for the Dynasty Warriors outfit? :/ It'll let me buy the outfits, but that does no good without the catalog.

Vade

Has the NA community basically left the game, I have a terrible time getting ranked matches in my search range E+- C

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Search all ranks and search all regions if nearby isn't working for you.

I don't play ranked all that much and prefer lobbies. Always see plenty of people on.

Has the NA community basically left the game, I have a terrible time getting ranked matches in my search range E+- C

Every so often I have a slow day but for the most part I don't have much trouble finding matches. The only thing you can really do is just widen your search if you can't find anyone. There's always lobbies as well like Lyte Edge said if that doesn't work. I really need to start joining more lobbies myself. I use the throwdown option a bit too often.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Meaning her moves leave her really vulnerable. High frame delay etc.

Ah, right you are. I thought he meant STDs! XD um... I'll give her a shot anyhow.

I can't explain it very well, but I really love how Christie's move set seems to take advantage of the game being 3D, where as most others only have a few specific broad, sweeping moves.

raven777

Marie Rose confirmed for consoles, coming sometime Spring.

Also there will be a patch on feb that will be same as arcade version patch 1.04 (bug/balance fix)

ShinMaruku

"Hayashi announced that at the end of January there will be a patch to the Arcade version of the game. In February, the consoles will receive said arcade patch sans Marie Rose. Marie Rose will be available on console some time in the spring."
From the offical arcade test tourney in Japan. :)
Since we see spring I hope to see next gen doa5u at that time too. :E

Oh and just to reconfirm... Orochi 3 outfits are up on the EU store.

I read they were taken down not long ago, but they seem to be up there now. Kasumi's isn't available separately though, from what I can tell - has to be bought in the 3-pack bundle.

Do you guys think they'll charge for Marie Rose? They say she'll be available in Spring but what does that mean? They don't explicitly say she'll be a free download or anything.

Squire

Banned
"Hayashi announced that at the end of January there will be a patch to the Arcade version of the game. In February, the consoles will receive said arcade patch sans Marie Rose. Marie Rose will be available on console some time in the spring."
From the offical arcade test tourney in Japan. :)
Since we see spring I hope to see next gen doa5u at that time too. :E

I do too, honestly. DOA5 is great. I miss playing it on 360 and the more DLC they put out the more I want to get back into it. If love a port to PS4 with a lot of DLC included. I'd pay full price.

Did anyone see the Japanese tournament TN streamed last night?
I only saw the last 20 minutes of it, but there was a really great Leon and Rachel (may have been the same player?).
The Rachel player ended up winning the final with a solid offence and some nice counter reads. Rachel also wore her sexy purple Halloween outfit for the final match to beat out Kokoro, in her frumpy dressing gown :p

Top Bottom