• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Vade

Was a good time, learning experience, need to learn to close out rounds and figure out how to punish knock downs. You rarely pressed anything so different from most ranked matches were they are eager to press and I can read for easy damage.

Vade

Honest question, how do you punish Ryu's teleport game? You press a button you get hit, press nothing you get thrown.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I saw another glitch on the same stage where the players were just walking on air, moving through background objects. "Haunted" Lorelei, indeed!

Skilletor

Honest question, how do you punish Ryu's teleport game? You press a button you get hit, press nothing you get thrown.

Your premise is flawed:

If you press a button and you get hit, your opponent knew you were going to attack.

If you press nothing and get thrown, your opponent knew you were going to block.

In neither instance would "you" be punishing, since you have already guessed incorrectly. If you're talking about his stance, try doing a low attack. His elbow out of his stance, the counter, and a throw would all be beaten by a low or by crouching.

Just sidestep and then punish. Pretty much none of the moves out of his teleport have any sort of tracking.

And this.

Anybody want to play right now? I just got the chronusmax and want to test out some of my sticks.

Vade

Your premise is flawed:

If you press a button and you get hit, your opponent knew you were going to attack.

If you press nothing and get thrown, your opponent knew you were going to block.

In neither instance would "you" be punishing, since you have already guessed incorrectly. If you're talking about his stance, try doing a low attack. His elbow out of his stance, the counter, and a throw would all be beaten by a low or by crouching.

You vastly overrate people; opponent didn't know anything he/she just threw out the teleports because I had no idea what to do. At worst I would just get guard broken.

Played again with the sidestep advice and the game was cake, can even snake stance in to start a combo on it.

Hitomi's changes are pretty meh. She got damage reductions on 6T and 33T and they made every string ending with her 236K -5 instead of -1, but she did get a buff with 8PPP causing bound on normal hit which is nice.

Ah well, it could have been much worse I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPB9xaKl0J4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

New costume for Marie Rose in update 1.04 (other characters have new costumes too).

I wonder if we'll ever see any real shoe variation, or if Marie Rose will be wearing something clunky with every outfit? Because of how her lower legs have been designed, the only other unique thing TN could put on her feet would be Tengu sandals. lol
After seeing the new Kasumi lingerie/swimsuit outfit, Im looking forward to seeing what the other girls get. Fingers crossed for the Venus or Artemis.

ShinMaruku

I may be game for some matches too. PSN is same as my username here.
silly3.gif

Skilletor

Our interwebs just don't like eachother. Good games while it was decent, though. Your spacing is really good. Nice pressure as well. :D

Our interwebs just don't like eachother. Good games while it was decent, though. Your spacing is really good. Nice pressure as well. :D

GGs. At least we were able to get a few decent matches in, even they still had a hitch here or there. I had some truly awful hold attempts in those matches though. I really don't know what i was thinking on some of them. I better not make mistakes like that next month or I'm gonna really embarrass myself.

Top Bottom