• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Am I the only one with a buggy team ninja sequence? I updated my game today, and when it gets to the part with the raging ocean and storm, it, like, bugs out where it goes frame by frame, and the sound is screwed up too. In-game is fine, and main menu, just that opening sequence.

Also, where is the free Kasumi outfit? I didn't see it in the PS store.

That happened to me a couple of times. I installed the game and it took care the stuttering. Then uninstalled it and after several days, it came back. Then I installed it again and it went away. Not sure if that is the problem, but it helped my game out.

loool zombie chilling on Ryu's back, like. Those zombie hands cupping Momiji's breasts!

New costumes for DOA5U that come with Yaiba special edition.

And yes, only Ryu and Momiji are getting costumes, according to TK Europe.

BerncNhCIAA7wP7.jpg:large

Hubb

Those costumes aren't worth the price imo. Not even sure I'll get Ninja Gaiden Z (need to see more of it), but if I do it wont be the special edition.

That Momiji costume is kind of disappointing, but it's better than her other swimsuit.

Anyway, hey guys. :D I tried playing this when it was first released and I just couldn't get past the tutorial and the hold system did kind of scare me off. But I started talking to people in my scene who play the game and now I'm halfway through the tutorial. I'm still extremely bad but I definitely feel like I can learn this now. Momiji for life!

Hope to play some of you guys soon. My PSN name is the same as my GAF name. :)

Kumubou

Those extra costumes with Ninja Gaiden Z aren't that interesting... and the thought of actually paying for that game makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit. Now, if they run the same promotion for the new Deception game that comes out in a couple of months... I'm all over that.

Someone on FSD, who apparently has some kind of relationship with TN said...

Emperor_Cow said:
Ok.. lets put it this way...
The arcade site having new stage(s) and new character(s) was NOT a mistake

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/the-doa5u-casual-thread-__.3042/page-427

So maybe we will get more than Lorelei and Marie Rose? If we get a new/re-done stage, I want...

doaonline_112003_009.jpg

Rain adds so much atmosphere, IMO. A typhoon at the beach would be awesome too.

Hubb

Nice.

So good to see TN really keeping the support of this game going. Just get DoA5 on PS4 soon goddammit!

Fixed.

A port would be nice because it would carry the DLC, but I really want them to go all out on a Next Gen game sooner rather than later.

Fixed.

A port would be nice because it would carry the DLC, but I really want them to go all out on a Next Gen game sooner rather than later.

Should that have been a '6' then, not a '5'?

XD

If so, I 100% agree. I want DOA6 more than a port of this. But a port of this whilst we wait for DOA6, I would be very content with. Maybe the fact they've not said anything about a port of this means they're hard at work at giving us DOA6 next...

Hubb

Should that have been a '6' then, not a '5'?

Yeah It was/is a little too early ><, I don't know what to do with myself.

As far as DoA5 on PS4, maybe I am just jealous. I wont be getting a PS4 for a little while, but I would certainly want one.

Really would be awesome, but damn, I am excited to see the quality of the character models and the sort of dynamic changes they can throw in there, adding to the sweat and dirt effects.

Can't wait for the hair physics the most.

Haha, the least important features of any fighting game, really, but DOA5 looks so good as it is, I just wanna see next-gen DOA characters so bad XD

catmincer

I really hope with DOA6 they have more interactive stages. None of them had the wow factor the ones did in DOA2. The danger zones just felt.... lacking.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I would love to see DOA6 on next-gen, sure, but I'd also be very happy with DOA5U ported up. Make it super clean and continue with a F2P core fighters.

Someone on FSD, who apparently has some kind of relationship with TN said...

Originally Posted by Emperor_Cow

Ok.. lets put it this way...
The arcade site having new stage(s) and new character(s) was NOT a mistake

Of course it wasn't a mistake. What does that even mean? LOL. They added more content to entice console players to play the arcade version, too.

AlStrong

Just get this on PS4 now goddammit!

I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but FWIW, the arcade HW (RingEdge 2) is basically a PC (Intel + Geforce). At the very least, the engine has already been ported to a more conventional architecture. :)

The "hard" part is probably the networking side/integration if anything. :p

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Does anyone want to play right now? I have to leave in a little over an hour so I won't be able to make it if you guys are playing later.

Sounds awesome...but I'm at work. Time to DEMAND a PS3 setup at my desk! (I wish).

I see you're on the east coast...did we ever add each other on PSN? I'm lyteedge2.

Top Bottom