• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Mesharey

Is there any news on the new patch or Marie Rose?
They released the update today, Marie Rose will be released in spring.

The whole package costs 14.99$. (All 14 female characters).
One costume/private paradise video costs 1.99$.
Private Paradise package costs 24.99 (for 12 characters, Sarah and Pai aren't included).
LeiFang's video is free untill Feb. 11th.

Nori Chan

I have a feeling that this is the last of the dlc after rose of course. What so you guys think?

Also what's with the paradise videos? 10 dollas more? And one is free? Like will they all be free eventually?

Pfft, people claimed the last DLC was coming months and months ago. Yet TN keeps banging them out. I hope they keep them going right through to their next DOA game, whether it's PS4 DOA5U+++ to carry the downloads over, or DOA6.

Ultimadrago

That would be awesome if the costumes held sequel carryover, seeing as the potential investment long ago has been...well high, but I'm very uncertain.

ShinMaruku

Pfft, people claimed the last DLC was coming months and months ago. Yet TN keeps banging them out. I hope they keep them going right through to their next DOA game, whether it's PS4 DOA5U+++ to carry the downloads over, or DOA6.

It's obvious they are making good money for the effort this takes. It can also be tied to Team Ninja being behind this.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
They released the update today, Marie Rose will be released in spring.

The whole package costs 14.99$. (All 14 female characters).
One costume/private paradise video costs 1.99$.
Private Paradise package costs 24.99 (for 12 characters, Sarah and Pai aren't included).
LeiFang's video is free untill Feb. 11th.

I don't see LeiFang's free video available for download, but everything else is up.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I only see 13 costumes and no $14.99 pack. I only want the costumes, not the movies.

Did you try going through the game to get to the PSN DLC? Sometimes it's harder to find from the Store for whatever reason.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Yeah, I don't see the pack either. Also, Kasumi's new win poses were added. (Or I didn't have them unlocked before. Haven't played in a long time)

God damn it. All three of Momiji's swimsuits suck. ARGH.

Edit: Reflecting a bit, I guess I like the Yaiba costume out of the three. I don't really wanna buy Yaiba though.

Hubb

I can't believe they're charging for videos now. Must be trying to make up for those NG3 sales loss.

Didn't they charge for the PSVita ones? Also I can't seem to find Kokoro's costume outside of the 25 dollar pack. Oh well I'm probably just going to grab 1 or 2 of these.

I don't agree it's something that should be charged for. Surely there's other things they could put up for sale, like more music from past games or VF music.

Ultimadrago

These aren't actually videos. They're scenes you can watch through the extras menu. Change costumes, regular and free camera, and take photos. Still way too expensive though.

If you just want to look at the scenes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TyXgDudRaA

Yeah, not touching those with a very long pole (in terms of paying for them).

I'll pick up the costumes though as soon as US Sony site (since I'm not by my PS3 atm) gets that bundle up.

Kumubou

Charging for what are essentially gravure videos? Yeah, Tecmo is really trying to maximize their... uh... revenue.

As for the patch update, is it the same changes as what they had in the changelist for the loketest a couple of weeks back? Or are these the 5U AC changes and the update to that is coming in March (along with Marie on console)?

Whatever that changes list that was posted a couple of weeks ago was, that's what's in this update. I just remembered Kasumi's Power Launcher had changed to 7+P+K, and that's now what she has after the update. So I imagine all those other move changes are in this, too.

Hubb

I wouldn't buy the videos anyway, but I am not sure they are just the videos. I think most if not all the videos are listed under skins. Maybe PSN has too few categories and TN didn't know which category to put the video under. Besides, it would be weird to buy the video with the costume in it and then not get the costume.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Are they up on US PSN?

Kokoro's is not up for whatever reason, which I guess delayed the costume bumdle. I bought the others a la carte. Some of them are creatively perverse, but then Momiji's for example is incredibly boring. Buy Tina, Lisa, Lei Feng, and Mila...forget the rest.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Anyone have a list if what items are removable? I know Milas hoodie, what about Helena or Tina's wrap?

Hubb

Anyone have a list if what items are removable? I know Milas hoodie, what about Helena or Tina's wrap?

Might want to double check it, but I think in the teaser video TN released for these DLCs both had them removed.

EDIT: NM the video just had Helena's removed so I am not sure about Tina's.

GOATDLC. I had half a mind to get DOA5U after I sold my vanilla DOA5 (to get DOA5U...) but delayed my purchase to wait for good DLC and if they would ever release another 'definitive' edition. It's just a damn shame Momiji gets a one piece which I know some guys like but not me. I wanted her to get something a risque as Tina's or even Rachel's. Instead, they're making her Kasumi jr. with the bit conservative outfits (compared to the others)

GOATDLC? Yeah, I think so too.
The Halloween pack was awesome. It had those great outfits for Helena and Rachel and even some of the guys like Akira and Leon, got some top costumes. Still, its pretty hard to compete with Tina and Lisas latest outfits, so Tropical Sexy DLC =GOATDLC. Pity about Momiji and Hitomi. Their outfits suck.

I have a feeling that this is the last of the dlc after rose of course. What so you guys think?

Hopefully not. Emperor_Cow from FSD (guy who knows the TN guys) said the below, when someone asked him about the possibility of Tengu returning, as an additional character.

Not a troll,
The Arcade is still young.
And if the game meets its target at both the arcade and console (+DLC) .. then rest assured they will continue to support the game.

At the rate they are going, there is still a very high possibility of a new Character +/- a Stage.

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/the-doa5u-casual-thread-__.3042/page-458#post-153729

Top Bottom