• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

louie

So I've been away from this game since pretty much its release. Is there somewhere to view all the dlc in one place?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
It's a technical thing. They wouldn't have put up Lisa or Tina if Kokoro had offended someone.

Not necessarily true. It seems to have been a technical problem in this case, but way back when DOA2 Hardcore was new on PS2, IIRC there was some controversy over one of Tina's outfits, which was a ripped-up dress. Apparently this was thought to imply 'rape' connotations and was removed from the English releases. When DOA2 Hard*Core came out in Japan a few months later, it was left in. Kokoro's outfit also appears ripped-up, which is why I bring all this up.

Could anybody link me to the download on xbox.com for these outfits, I can not find them at all:

pic_usc_06.jpg

pic_usc_07.jpg

pic_usc_10.jpg

Hubb

Can you? That would be great.

I'm kinda confused. Are the private videos seperate with the costumes? Or do they come with them?

I don't know if they do and assumptions are usually a bad thing to go off of, but I assume they do. Those videos as I understand them let you change the costumes of the girls/change camera angles and take pictures. It would be weird to be able to use the costume in the "video" and then not have it in the game. The only thing that makes me think my line of reasoning is wrong, is that Kokoro's video is up there but her costume isn't.

Vlaphor

I am pretty sure that they are separate.

Also, I'm about to just got ahead and buy the six costumes that I do want anyway, instead of waiting for the pack

Lyte Edge

Sorry if already posted...saw this from 'Neocurse' on GameFAQs. It's for PS3.

If anyone is still looking for a quick and simple solution on how to decode / convert the pictures, I wrote a small cmd file for myself, using the tools freely available on the net. Maybe you find this useful, please see the included readme. You don't have to decrypt the saves, just copy them from your usb drive and let the utilities do the rest. The images are converted to png for easy use.

I tested it with the European version of DOA5 and I have word, that it also works with DOA5U and the US version. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me, though I might be too busy to reply.

You can find it here https://app.box.com/s/tpqmn9uun2gfliuz6wn5

Enjoy!

Looks like the movies are being listed incorrectly as 'Costumes' on the US store. Not the case on the EU one.

Checked both stores myself and yep, 'Costume' is noted on certain movie add-ons on US store. Think some people have been buying thinking they were getting costumes, too. Be careful if buying on the US store.

Hubb

Looks like the movies are being listed incorrectly as 'Costumes' on the US store. Not the case on the EU one.

Checked both stores myself and yep, 'Costume' is noted on certain movie add-ons on US store. Think some people have been buying thinking they were getting costumes, too. Be careful if buying on the US store.

It blows my mind that they wouldn't include the costume with the video. Granted I guess there is a good reason I am not in sales.

Yup, this happened to a friend of mine who was going to get Kokoro's costume last night. We didn't know about the delay until today (I forgot to pop back into the thread last night durr) so I couldn't warn him. Sucks.

Yup, this happened to a friend of mine who was going to get Kokoro's costume last night. We didn't know about the delay until today (I forgot to pop back into the thread last night durr) so I couldn't warn him. Sucks.

I don't know if it'd work, but he could try contacting Sony and explaining that he mistook it for a costume. I've heard they can be quite understanding about these things and refund people. Certainly worth a try, especially given the situation and the fact that it actually said 'Costume' on the bloody thing.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Who's got some Mila tips? I feel like I'm playin as Tofu from RE2, she's so stiff.

Who's got some Mila tips? I feel like I'm playin as Tofu from RE2, she's so stiff.

I mainly play like a boxer with Mila, using 90% punches. I just vary low or high, and variations on the direction of the analog stick for different punches. Occasionally I kick with her. Some of her throws and grabs are great and can be continued with some awesome punches or kneeing into the opponent when they are thrown to the floor.

I think she flows nicely and don't really think of her as being stiff, but you need to play like a boxer or else she will feel strange compared to the others.

Lyte Edge

Sorry if already posted...saw this from 'Neocurse' on GameFAQs. It's for PS3.

If anyone is still looking for a quick and simple solution on how to decode / convert the pictures, I wrote a small cmd file for myself, using the tools freely available on the net. Maybe you find this useful, please see the included readme. You don't have to decrypt the saves, just copy them from your usb drive and let the utilities do the rest. The images are converted to png for easy use.

I tested it with the European version of DOA5 and I have word, that it also works with DOA5U and the US version. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me, though I might be too busy to reply.

You can find it here https://app.box.com/s/tpqmn9uun2gfliuz6wn5

Enjoy!

Responding to myself- tried this yesterday and it works great, although it took a surprisingly long time to 30+ pictures from the PS3 to a USB flash drive.

For example:

Very nice. I wonder if there's a 360 equivalent?

There is, I used it for some photos in the original DoA5 thread. You need to transfer the pictures taken in the game to a USB stick (just let the 360 format it to a 360 friendly one), then you need a converter on the PC to extract the pictures. Do a google search for a Dead or Alive picture converter :)

There is, I used it for some photos in the original DoA5 thread. You need to transfer the pictures taken in the game to a USB stick (just let the 360 format it to a 360 friendly one), then you need a converter on the PC to extract the pictures. Do a google search for a Dead or Alive picture converter :)

I already use a USB stick for all my saves, so would it be as simple as plugging it into my laptop and using the software you mention, or would I have to do any kind of conversion first to get the saves into a format the PC can see?

I love this thing. I was sad to see it only be on 360 previously, because the way the Facebook uploads work makes them really compressed JPGs with the watermark on the bottom. Now they look pristine, and I swear they look less aliased.

NPUB31289ALBMNK04C5659006029144.png

I already use a USB stick for all my saves, so would it be as simple as plugging it into my laptop and using the software you mention, or would I have to do any kind of conversion first to get the saves into a format the PC can see?

Yeah, you need a program that converts the files. They aren't readable for PC's without it.

ShinMaruku

This month we MAY hear something.(Destination PlayStation)

Regardless if we don't hear in 2 months E3 time would be a decent time.

Squire

Banned
Still slight chance, nothing to get hopes up about but maybe they see it. Last gen sales have tanked.

It's not going to be at DPS, but I do think there's a good chance their current PS4 project is a port of DOA5U, even if it's only Core Fighters on PSN.

Hubb

It's not going to be at DPS, but I do think there's a good chance their current PS4 project is a port of DOA5U, even if it's only Core Fighters on PSN.

It'll be interested to see how a Core Fighters would be handled on the PS4. Would people who bought the disk version of DOA5U be Shit out of Luck? Would the DLC even carry over (probably imo)? I'm sure we will find our sooner or later.

Top Bottom