• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

I bought DoA5U on release, and a metric shitton of the costumes (not all, but most)... yet I've hardly touched the game.

I should really remedy that soon. Looks like it may be almost time for me to go on another fighting game bender.

Loona

Pretty much. In fact, I love a lot of them. The only outfit of Mila's that gets absolutely no love from me is her Halloween costume.

Same here. I'm kinda glad that for once a bikini outfit gets covered up under something more practical, it'd be nice if stuff like this hoodie could be toggled on and off on them all like the optional glasses.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I bought DoA5U on release, and a metric shitton of the costumes (not all, but most)... yet I've hardly touched the game.

I should really remedy that soon. Looks like it may be almost time for me to go on another fighting game bender.

Same deal here. I need to fix that.

Guys, what's the Kumite mode in lobbies? I use Online Dojo to practice with other people, but never tried the Kumite option before...even though I thought I read somewhere it's also like a training mode where you don't fight to win.

Anyone clear it up for me?

BfHniIUCUAADm4u.jpg

Damn nice outfit for Tina. Very ladylike!

Mesharey

Guys, what's the Kumite mode in lobbies? I use Online Dojo to practice with other people, but never tried the Kumite option before...even though I thought I read somewhere it's also like a training mode where you don't fight to win.

Anyone clear it up for me?
The host will still be playing, doesn't matter if he/she wins or not.

Skilletor

I was expecting hot bikini in this pack, especially for someone like Tina.
Im very disappointed :/

You don't need to post that you're dissappointed every time the women are wearing clothes. :p

Is that part of a new beach wear set or something? Mila and Kasumi's outfits would make sense. I guess Christie is wearing a sundress.

I hope DoA5U comes out on ps4. :)

Thanks, Mesh.

And yeah, TN is putting #SummerBreeze with these images, so looks like it's some beachwear kind of style... even if it does look like lingerie for Kasumi in a way (her panties do anyway heh). Does she even have a bra on under there? :eek:

BfNy-ZGCQAE6l6k.jpg

Now Helena is up too.
I think TN is trying to satisfy fans of swimsuits, fans of non-skimpy outfits and fans of original outfits, all in one hit.
Again, I dont like the design because its not skimpy enough and this time, I really dont like the color either. Orange on fair skin is a bad combination, IMO.

If they are doing another round of swimsuits and they leave the guys out again, I'm gonna be pissed.

Just give them some real damn swimsuits Temco.

How many variations on a pair of trunks do you honestly expect them to turn out?
There are more types of mens swimwear than just standard trunks. Plus, the Fighter Pack is not even swimwear to begin with.

I would be happy with one set of real swimsuits for the guys, with some freaking sex appeal. I know that the majority of DOA players are here for the ladies, but it wouldn't kill TK to throw us man fans a bone. (Literally.)

Squire

Banned
There are more types of mens swimwear than just standard trunks. Plus, the Fighter Pack is not even swimwear to begin with.

I would be happy with one set of real swimsuits for the guys, with some freaking sex appeal. I know that the majority of DOA players are here for the ladies, but it wouldn't kill TK to throw us man fans a bone. (Literally.)

Heh, well put.

Dantis

I have a feeling that the Fighter Pack was testing the waters for that kind of thing, and sold poorly.

I have a feeling that the Fighter Pack was testing the waters for that kind of thing, and sold poorly.
I don't think they've released sales figures for any of the DLC, and I don't think anyone expects costumes for the guys to sell as well as the ones for the ladies. That doesn't mean they shouldn't make them.

All I'm asking for is a modicum of male fan service stuff. These costumes are basically free money for TK, so I don't understand why they aren't trying to work all the angles. The discrepancy between the amount of male costumes compared to female outfits is just silly, and a lot of the stuff the guys do get is really lame.

Squire

Banned
I see where you're coming from, but I think it's crazy to call the discrepancy silly on any level when it's clear the vast majority of the audience is heterosexual males.

Mesharey

Anyone have any tips on using Ayane? I've mainly used Ryu, but I would like to branch out and try her.
Ayane is my main. She's not a defensive or offensive character, you need to use spacing a lot.

66KK4 is really good, use it when you can, it leaves you at +1 so you can be faster than the other player.

4P can be used as a crush against hight attacks and it launches so you can use BT PP4PP7K (or 8K) after it.

You have 2 critical burst attacks, front and backturned which is really, really nice.

CB combos/setups:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srMCMNNNbkU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKmVF_8mhrs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Ayane is my main. She's not a defensive or offensive character, you need to use spacing a lot.

66KK4 is really good, use it when you can, it leaves you at +1 so you can be faster than the other player.

4P can be used as a crush against hight attacks and it launches so you can use BT PP4PP7K (or 8K) after it.

You have 2 critical burst attacks, front and backturned which is really, really nice.

CB combos/setups:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srMCMNNNbkU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKmVF_8mhrs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Thank you! I'll watch these videos carefully, and hopefully apply what I learn.

Skilletor

Don't waste time on that garbage game.

Or, if you're going to waste time making a garbage game, do it after DoA6 comes out for ps4/xb1.

Dantis

I have heard that TN are happy with the way DoA is going (financially speaking), so hopefully they will consider doing DoAX3 at some point.
The potential DLC cash they could make, is pretty significant IMO (as long as the volleyball game play is good).

I think DOAX3 would be a lot less successful than DOA6.

Don't waste time on that garbage game.

Or, if you're going to waste time making a garbage game, do it after DoA6 comes out for ps4/xb1.

I think DOAX3 would be a lot less successful than DOA6.

If TN could merge NBA Jam-esque game play with some nice bikinis, the game could be good and maybe a financial success.
No one of significance has mentioned anything about it, so its just wishful thinking on my part anyway.

New Christie outfit...

BfYGMiiCcAAJ-dw.jpg

I'll just copy-paste my FSD response....

Oh dear. The outfit itself isnt too bad. It looks nice and light, airy and comfortable. I even like the color.
What I DONT like, is that Christie appears to not be wearing any shoes (unless that lump in the bottom right hand corner is the elbow of a fallen opponent).
Given the dislike for skimpy outfits in this thread, Im not sure how many of you have seen shoe-less Christie. Here she is...

iVdX8XpVRqyC9.gif

IMO, she looks bad. REALLY bad.
The girls lower legs were never designed to have the heel of the foot touching the ground, but if the designers want to remove the shoes, then they have to extend to length of the lower leg to compensate for this (or have the girls fighting on their tippy toes). The end result is lower legs that look like a pair of golf putters (together with wonky ankles and block-like feet).
The shoes should NEVER have been removed in the first place, from any outfit.

I have heard that TN are happy with the way DoA is going (financially speaking), so hopefully they will consider doing DoAX3 at some point.
The potential DLC cash they could make, is pretty significant IMO (as long as the volleyball game play is good).

I think they should just make DoAX3 a part of DoA6 for PS4/Xbone. It's not like a fighting game has tons of content anyhow. Would be awesome to have four player volleyball and jetski races!

Endo Punk

Lisa and Mila's costume looks good ;) Guess it's time for me to come back to DOA.

I think they should just make DoAX3 a part of DoA6 for PS4/Xbone. It's not like a fighting game has tons of content anyhow. Would be awesome to have four player volleyball and jetski races!

I think that's the only way NT will be able to get away with it. I don't think critics will make it easy on them.

ShinMaruku

They could make DOAX a great game if they kept with the wacky focus and made the volleyball more action packed. But yes DOA6 first. They probably can do them both at the same time.

Niitris

I don't think I could buy X3 as a stand alone game (at least until natural curiosity sets in).

If they added a handful of games and features like that in DoA6, I wouldn't mind playing them as a guilty pleasure.

Top Bottom