• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
They could make DOAX a great game if they kept with the wacky focus and made the volleyball more action packed. But yes DOA6 first. They probably can do them both at the same time.

A DOAX game that made the volleyball more like Beach Spikers or Outlaw Volleyball would be perfect. Throw in a fighting mode on a couple of beach stages and you have something worth playing, but yeah- just make volleyball a mini game.

Lei Fang is up now...

BfdWjIBCEAA21N1.jpg

They're not giving much away, so its hard to say too much.
As usual, Im hoping for copious amounts of T&A and a pair of shoes. ANY shoes! :)

Did another first-to-ten with a friend of mine yesterday. Once again, we took it all the way to 10-9: http://youtu.be/gSWEgUnuxWU

Neither of us have played a long set in a while; our last one was all the way back in September. Still, it's such a great feeling to allocate some time for this game. I should really do that more often.
I only paid attention to the "Baka! Baka!" taunt.
Five taunts, and easily the best one.

Kumubou

She's solid, but a lot of those strings are not safe on block, and her range sucks. Which is kind of ass, since she has fast dashes so she can BDC and get whiffs and then... not really do much. Her grab range is deceptively good, though -- she'll vacuum fools.

I'm curious if they'll see an uptick in the playerbase when she comes out on console, as she makes the game 28% more anime.

I hope she grows on me. I guess if it's taken only till now to put a loli in it, then that's not bad, though. So typical that she fake cries when she loses. I suppose whatever increases the userbase is good.

Pimpbaa

A DOAX game that made the volleyball more like Beach Spikers or Outlaw Volleyball would be perfect. Throw in a fighting mode on a couple of beach stages and you have something worth playing, but yeah- just make volleyball a mini game.

Nah, they should get rid of the volleyball and just make it a dating sim.

BfidxarCcAAesZJ.jpg

Most people are saying the above is Kokoro.
Liking the nailpolish, bracelets and shoes (yes!).
Not too sure whats going on with the rest of the outfit.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Every time I think that I'm done buying DLC for this game, they somehow manage to pull me back in. Buying a $20 card tomorrow.

histopher

They need to add a woman with an even bigger bust than the current characters. Even with Marie Rose theres still only 2 female bodies. As a guy who hates lolis a super voluptuous character would offset that nicely.

Even though the models are amazing its a shame they are all the same imo. Some subtle variety could have gone a long way.

I wonder if these will be more expensive to buy individually (like the Halloween ones were)?
Im also hoping we can remove Milas hoodie, when we use her in-game (the vid showed her without it, during the photo shoot).

Endo Punk

Mila's best DLC costume..
After pumpkin Mila
. And Lisa... Dear God...

In Vanilla DOA5 my most played characters were males but DOA5U it's the female characters lol. I think TN would be fools to not make a DOAX3 xD

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh look, only the girls. :/

Team Ninja does not care about homosexual people. :(

That said, giving Lisa her Venus... :lol I'm surprised that got by the ratings boards and Tecmo themselves.

Helena's and Sarah's I like, shame I'm not very good with Sarah or I'd probably pick that one up. Knowing me I'm gonna end up getting Helena's...

dammit tecmo stahp taking my monies pls

Vlaphor

Don't speak Japanese, so I can't figure out the pricing. Is the 2500 yen just for the videos, or does it include the outfits as well? I see the outfits in a different package for 1500 yen

Probably doesn't matter. We will find out for sure in a couple of hours.

solid mike

GOATDLC. I had half a mind to get DOA5U after I sold my vanilla DOA5 (to get DOA5U...) but delayed my purchase to wait for good DLC and if they would ever release another 'definitive' edition. It's just a damn shame Momiji gets a one piece which I know some guys like but not me. I wanted her to get something a risque as Tina's or even Rachel's. Instead, they're making her Kasumi jr. with the bit conservative outfits (compared to the others)

Top Bottom