• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Beat my highest ranked opponents today, which I'm proud of. Did some B- and B guys, and then beat an A- guy. I'm still a noob, but it's a nice feeling :)

TLOU Left Behind and LRFF13 are out tomorrow, but I might see if I can make the lobby, so long as you don't mind a UK connection D: Hopefully it's not shit.

ShinMaruku

Beat my highest ranked opponents today, which I'm proud of. Did some B- and B guys, and then beat an A- guy. I'm still a noob, but it's a nice feeling :)

TLOU Left Behind and LRFF13 are out tomorrow, but I might see if I can make the lobby, so long as you don't mind a UK connection D: Hopefully it's not shit.

Good stuff. One Day I beat some S ranks and U rank and I am a C+ rank (Actually that's probably not my true rank)

Vade

Almost tempted to buy a costume, but I have made it this far I can soldier on $1.99 per just cannot rationalize it.

raven777

BgZrxIXCMAEgO42.jpg:large

Marie Rose DLC coming to the console version on March.

Also, a new character will be added to the Arcade version.(female. Seems like she shows up in the ending of the Arcade version.)

Ohh, didn't know that was Sonia in NG. Was hoping they would add Sonia to DOA5U along with Rachel and Momiji. Would make sense.

Another redhead would be nice, though :)

Her hair is actually white, ever since she showed up as Sonia in NG2. Her hair was just various shades of brown on the NES thanks to pallet choices. I would welcome a classic NES outfit for her with the different hair color, though.

"Silvery blonde" it apparently is now XD

But yeah, I mean I want a new redhead girl to go along with Kas. Can never have enough redheads around :)

Vade

If you are planning on coming for the Gaf lobby at 8:00 pm EST tonight send a friend request to Vade-_-

I'll have the lobby set up to go and send out the invites then.

GGs in the lobby, guys. Like I said, hope the connection wasn't too bad from UK, but I've seen it a hell of a lot worse than that. Think it was mostly tolerable tonight.

Shows up at the ending of the story mode of DOA5 and U apparently
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlcQJDKLEw8

Oh, so that wasn't a Kasumi clone? *gasp* maybe it's her long lost twin sister?!

lol, well it would mean I get another redhead but she just looks identical to Kasumi there, so I hope her face is changed somewhat if she is someone else.

And I hope they add a small new story segment to explain this, too. I just assumed that ending was always a hint to the story in the next DOA.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
GGs in the lobby, guys. Like I said, hope the connection wasn't too bad from UK, but I've seen it a hell of a lot worse than that. Think it was mostly tolerable tonight.

Oh, so that wasn't a Kasumi clone? *gasp* maybe it's her long lost twin sister?!

lol, well it would mean I get another redhead but she just looks identical to Kasumi there, so I hope her face is changed somewhat if she is someone else.

And I hope they add some a small new story segment to explain this, too. I just assumed that ending was always a hint to the story in the next DOA.

Who knows maybe they put Ayame and be another traitor just for shits and giggles.

Kumubou

Good games, bad game. :p (That may or may be the salt talking.)

Here's to hoping Marie brings some maid uniforms with her (and better netcode).

i thought hayashi said they were going the classic route for the full game, dlc for costumes to keep it "core". like true gamers. hopefully this is just bullshit ;)

raven777

i thought hayashi said they were going the classic route for the full game, dlc for costumes to keep it "core". like true gamers. hopefully this is just bullshit ;)

yea I remember Hayashi saying that he wasn't going to sell stuff like characters and stages when there were SFxTK DLC debacle going on.

Hopefully its free.

Skilletor

I always assumed we'd have to pay for her. She'll come in a title update so we can fight against her, but if you want to use her, I'd guess 5-10 bucks.

Niitris

Hayashi has no say so on that, TK does.

I always assumed she would be paid DLC for anyone using core fighters and that she would be patched in the full game (which I still believe will be the case). Then again, people already spent a kajillion dollars on outfits; what's an extra $5 going to hurt for another character? :p

Although this does make them look bad after clearly saying there'd be no DLC characters.

Kumubou

From a business standpoint, they would be idiots to give Marie away as a free update. The attach rate for DLC characters in fighting games tends to be somewhere between very good and absolutely bonkers. She'll be part of the title update because you need the data to fight her, but I don't think DLC characters split the community nearly as badly as DLC maps do in FPS games -- all that really changes for players that don't buy her is another character to fight. It doesn't fragment the community at all.

I don't think it would work the same way a game LoL or DotA 2 does -- mainly because the playerbase is microscopic compared to those two games, and development costs for a single character are way higher. At least you aren't playing LoL/DotA 2 prices for outfits. D:

Kumubou

Source?

If she's not free with Ultimate it'll be DOA6 before I play as her.
I'm going from memory here, but I remember reading an interview on Gamasutra with the producer of the BlazBlue games, and one of the things that came up were the DLC characters in BBCS, and he had mentioned that just under half of the game's unique users have bought at least one DLC character. The normal buy rate on DLC is what, 8-10% at best?

Maybe I will join on in a GAF DOA5 lobby next time. I am scared though lol. I am extremely rusty and forgot a reasonable amount of important stuff. I am trying to refresh my memory in Tekken Tag 2, DOA5: Ultimate, Tekken Revolution and Persona 4 simultaneously and I feel overloaded. My PSN name is Eraptura. I use Christie normally and I am attempting to learn Rachel and Helena.

Top Bottom