• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Dammit. My girlfriend wants to use the stupid character.
Now you'll be prepped for in tournament when Lopedo pulls out the character no one knows the match-up to in an attempt to throw you off like he always does.

Baked Mila. Aww yes
aoZxdRT.png

Just signed up for ECT, hopefully I can do better there than I did at Winter Brawl. It's still two months away so I have some time to prepare at least. Is there any chance anyone from here? It would be nice to be able to play offline instead of having to suffer through the netcode for once.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Pretty quiet on the announcements front recently. Didn't they say we would get a round of new costumes with Marie Rose?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Pretty quiet on the announcements front recently. Didn't they say we would get a round of new costumes with Marie Rose?

Thought so, yeah. That would be next week...this week are the two costumes that come with Yaiba.

She looks OK for a Kasumi clone I guess. She apparently has some just frame inputs too which is cool. I don't know how many there are though, so I don't know if we're talking aPat level of just framing or if it's just a couple of moves. Hopefully it's the former but I have my doubts.

Phase 4 has just frame inputs? Thats awesome news. I requested some jf's on FSD.com a while back. They are always fun to try and pull off.
I think its interesting that TN released the combo vid of Phase so soon to when Capcom released details on their new character. I wonder if TN were revelling in the general disappointment surrounding Decapre? lol

Erigu

So is Phase 4 the Kasumi clone from DOA2?
That was "Kasumi Alpha", and I believe she was the fake Kasumi in the story mode of Dead or Alive 5.
Phase-4 is the myyyyysterious silhouette who attacked Bayman at the beginning of that same story mode... and did nothing else as far as I know, really.

That was "Kasumi Alpha", and I believe she was the fake Kasumi in the story mode of Dead or Alive 5.
Phase-4 is the myyyyysterious silhouette who attacked Bayman at the beginning of that same story mode... and did nothing else as far as I know, really.

I was asking because she has the DOA2 Kasumi clone's trademark red costume.

Skilletor

Phase 4 has just frame inputs? Thats awesome news. I requested some jf's on FSD.com a while back. They are always fun to try and pull off.
I think its interesting that TN released the combo vid of Phase so soon to when Capcom released details on their new character. I wonder if TN were revelling in the general disappointment surrounding Decapre? lol

Considering that Phase 4 is pretty much the same thing as Decapre (clone with different moveset), they wouldn't have much room to stand. :p

ShinMaruku

So is Phase 4 the Kasumi clone from DOA2?

The boss of DOA4 and 5 is Kasumi Alpha. This one is a different one. Think of her as Noel Vermillin and Nu as Alpha (If you are familiar with blazblue)

I know you guys are saying Decapre is a Cammy clone but it's Cammy who is the clone (Both are Kappa)

Phase 4 is more of Noel Vermillion than a Decapre. (Have more of the original's personality than the other clones)

Japanese fighting games have done the female clone thing a bit much. Shades of Uranus and Uriko from Bloody Roar here.

Skilletor

The boss of DOA4 and 5 is Kasumi Alpha. This one is a different one. Think of her as Noel Vermillin and Nu as Alpha (If you are familiar with blazblue)

I know you guys are saying Decapre is a Cammy clone but it's Cammy who is the clone (Both are Kappa)

Phase 4 is more of Noel Vermillion than a Decapre. (Have more of the original's personality than the other clones)

Japanese fighting games have done the female clone thing a bit much. Shades of Uranus and Uriko from Bloody Roar here.

I don't think when people say Decapre is a clone of cammy, they mean it literally. They mean playstyle and animation. Just like when people say Gouken is a shoto-clone even though he canonically came before Ryu and Ken, which would, pedantically, make Ryu and Ken the "clones." :p

ShinMaruku

But Deapre plays differently from Cammy with her moves far more than the shotos do. I am not mad about that part. Hopefully Phase 4 keeps with the concept of a more juggly version of Misty.

Kumubou

But Deapre plays differently from Cammy with her moves far more than the shotos do. I am not mad about that part. Hopefully Phase 4 keeps with the concept of a more juggly version of Misty.
Kasumi already has combos for days, though... but knowing you, you probably meant something else. -_-

Erigu

The boss of DOA4 and 5 is Kasumi Alpha.
Like said above, I believe how it actually works is that there's:
* Kasumi Alpha, the clone from Dead or Alive 2 and the fake Kasumi in the story mode of Dead or Alive 5
* Alpha-152, the transparent clone who was a non-playable boss in Dead or Alive 4 and is a playable character in Dead or Alive 5
* Alpha, the non-playable final boss in the story mode of Dead or Alive 5
* Phase-4 (short for "Kasumi Alpha Phase-4", because it wouldn't have been confusing enough otherwise), who showed up at the very beginning and very end of the story mode of Dead or Alive 5 and attacked Bayman
... But of course, when Alpha shows up at the end of the story mode, Lisa says "it's Phase 4" because, yes, it's all a needlessly confusing mess.

I don't think when people say Decapre is a clone of cammy, they mean it literally.
Considering they have the same voice actress, extremely similar face and hair, and exact same measurements, you could certainly theorize something along those lines though.

ShinMaruku

Like said above, I believe how it actually works is that there's:
* Kasumi Alpha, the clone from Dead or Alive 2 and the fake Kasumi in the story mode of Dead or Alive 5
* Alpha-152, the transparent clone who was a non-playable boss in Dead or Alive 4 and is a playable character in Dead or Alive 5
* Alpha, the non-playable final boss in the story mode of Dead or Alive 5
* Phase-4 (short for "Kasumi Alpha Phase-4", because it wouldn't have been confusing enough otherwise), who showed up at the very beginning and very end of the story mode of Dead or Alive 5 and attacked Bayman
... But of course, when Alpha shows up at the end of the story mode, Lisa says "it's Phase 4" because, yes, it's all a needlessly confusing mess.
Well in Dimensions you find that Kasumi Alpha was changed into Alpha-152. Phase -4 is a seperate 'failed' clone because she has far too much of Kasumi's personality traits

Niitris

Team Ninja is doing a costume contest (I'm guessing like the ones they've done before). The deadline for entries is April 17th.

20140319-194641.jpg

Looks like a cool character, but I just can't shake the feeling of clones being cheap additions :/ I guess she'll also be paid DLC in the future, too. I guess it's an extra body for DOA6, though. I like her costumes.

Her mouth looks weird when she talks, too.

Hubb

I think Phase4 is getting released to arcades the same day Marie is coming to consoles. I don't believe we are getting Phase 4 Tuesday.

How many new fighters? And this still isn't coming to Next-Gen? Argh... ain't nobody got time for that
forreal doe
Then you gotta wait for the bundle too. Can we a season pass?

Hubb

How many new fighters? And this still isn't coming to Next-Gen? Argh... ain't nobody got time for that
forreal doe
Then you gotta wait for the bundle too. Can we a season pass?

The season pass will be the "complete" version when it launches on PS4

Which wont contain all the DLC and then they'll go on to release more costumes.

Unless they intend to put out DoA6 sooner rather than later, I find it hard to believe that DoA5 wont end up on PS4.

The season pass will be the "complete" version when it launches on PS4

Which wont contain all the DLC and then they'll go on to release more costumes.

Unless they intend to put out DoA6 sooner rather than later, I find it hard to believe that DoA5 wont end up on PS4.

I would like an Xbox One version too.

ShinMaruku

I will be pushing for ps4 complete edition. As long as we get a naked Phase 4 because now Misty has her clones to be naked for her. :E

Top Bottom