• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

I agree €6 is a bit much. And conversions are never honoured properly in UK, so she'll probably be £6 for us. Won't be a buy from me, anyway.

Ultimadrago

Not free? Not a problem!
With all the money I've already spent on costume packs, I'm not stopping here.

EWmof.gif
BakaBakaBaka
p0QHO.gif

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Not free? Not a problem!
With all the money I've already spent on costume packs, I'm not stopping here.

EWmof.gif
BakaBakaBaka
p0QHO.gif

Yeah, I gotta say, it seems kind of weird seeing people complain about the price of a DLC character while happily forking over cash for outfits.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Don't get me wrong, I'd buy her if she wasn't awful.

But she is, so no chance.

If anything, this saves us from the Loli that is actually a 1,000 year old demon army. So I'm thankful for it.

Hmm, maybe she'll become free to try on Core Fighters in about...6 months time >_>

I do think she'll be an option at some point for CF, though. They have done it with the other newcomers to Ultimate, and Marie is purchasable just like all the others in CF, so... in the future, I'm sure they'll let us try her out.

Ultimadrago

Yeah, I gotta say, it seems kind of weird seeing people complain about the price of a DLC character while happily forking over cash for outfits.

Well, she's a playable character in the game whether people like/buy her or not.

If anything, this saves us from the Loli that is actually a 1,000 year old demon army. So I'm thankful for it.

Instead it's the ol' "Loli inside 18 Year old body" ancient technique.

Don't get me wrong, I'd buy her if she wasn't awful.

But she is, so no chance.

I haven't seen anything "awful" about the character thus far.

I don't get it.

Niitris

I can understand everything else, but her animations look great (unless you're talking about her mannerisms).

I don't have an issue with her. DoA has always been "Japanese" in presentation, it's kinda a surprise it took this long to add someone like her. At least they're not going too far with her outfits.

Ultimadrago

There was a moment in time when everything about DOA5 felt so innocent (not sarcasm).

Now DoA's reputation is sullied forever.

Her design, outfits, character, animation, voice and fighting style.

Other than that, you're right.

Goth lolita is fine, especially relative to the general designs in DoA. The outifts I've seen are fine. The character I've seen is fine. Animation quality looks on par with the other characters. The Japanese voice is fantastic. The fighting style intrigues me, but I won't know for sure until I get my hands on the character.

"Other than"? I'm waiting to be proven wrong on any front.

I can understand everything else, but her animations look great (unless you're talking about her mannerisms).

I don't have an issue with her. DoA has always been "Japanese" in presentation, it's kinda a surprise it took this long to add someone like her. At least they're not going too far with her outfits.

It's something else that I only recently noticed it's an "anti-loli" thing. I guess "Blame Japan." would be my only response?

As for the delay, I would be more surprised about it for a character like this if DoA wasn't already oriented to more voluptuous/busty body types. But a part of me is surprised by it as well.

Dammit. My girlfriend wants to use the stupid character.

Then have her buy it and use the random filter for your own uses?
wtzgU.gif
Sounds like a personal problem.

At the price the character will have almost no presence online. Calling it now. Also:
"Wow, you're huge!"

Jesus Christ, TN.

There's a presence to have in DoA online?
emoticon-2867-src-f02idx4k.png

And yeah, that line is pretty shameless. Did people expect something different?

From what I've seen, I like Marie Rose. :)

A story mode for her would probably ruin the person I've got rolling in my mind though. I don't really like the idea of a "wicked lil servant" unless it means the girl is just a tease and not evil.

Which dude should she tag team with? Eliot looks like a fellow youngster, but my imagination likes taking serious dudes like Bayman and Jan Lee places.

The Real Nappsta said:
Any news on a price for the US?

I believe Siliconera reported $4.99 as the price. No word on the value pack though.

Edit: Link: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/04/marie-rose-coming-dead-alive-5-ultimate-march-25th-west/

Also, Marie Rose's theme song sounds pretty cool. Sounds like a Daisuke Achiwa RPG battle theme.

No way there'll be a story mode for her. They didn't do one for Momiji, Leon, Rachel etc when they were added. Won't be any different for Marie.

Ultimadrago

From what I've seen, I like Marie Rose. :)

A story mode for her would probably ruin the person I've got rolling in my mind though. I don't really like the idea of a "wicked lil servant" unless it means the girl is just a tease and not evil.

Which dude should she tag team with? Eliot looks like a fellow youngster, but my imagination likes taking serious dudes like Bayman and Jan Lee places.

I believe Siliconera reported $4.99 as the price. No word on the value pack though.

Edit: Link: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/04/marie-rose-coming-dead-alive-5-ultimate-march-25th-west/

Also, Marie Rose's theme song sounds pretty cool. Sounds like a Daisuke Achiwa RPG battle theme.

I was guessing $4-5.99, so that's good. I also wasn't sure if a Story Mode had been created for her. I don't even know her backstory yet! I'm guessing not, but any information or educated guess on the matter?

Edit: Alright, no Story Mode stands decent with me anyhow.

In case there is confusion, what I meant was if there was a story mode for Marie it might or might not hurt her image for me, based on the "wicked lil servant" tag line you see in her english trailer. Not saying that a story mode for her is coming. :)

Kumubou

How the hell do you make Marie a maid and not give her a maid uniform? Gah!

Lolis are disgusting and any game with them would be better without them.
The next time I run into you, I'm burying you in 1,000 copies of Arcana Heart. It's A Good Game! (tm)

On one hand, this character looks stupid. On the other, man, I hate not owning every single fighter in a fighter, its stupid. URGH.

Kumubou

One that I will never play. :p

Are you going to EVO?
Yeah, I'll be at Evo, probably helping them sling the anime game of the month, as always. (I think I've been to every one since... 2007? Damn, now I feel old.) Arcana Heart 3: Love Max!!!!! will be out by then. :3

How is the arcade scene for this game? Are people even playing it out there?
To my understanding, it's doing... OK? all.net cabinets don't have the penetration Nesica does (although that's changing fast with Guilty Gear Xrd being released on it), but I think a combination of DoA fans actually getting an arcade game, along with some random VF players looking for something to pass the time until the next VF game drops. (VF5 came out in what, 2006?) Adding Marie Rose is one of the smartest things Team Ninja has done with DoA in a long while, it really hits... a certain demographic.

Skilletor

Yeah, I'll be at Evo, probably helping them sling the anime game of the month, as always. (I think I've been to every one since... 2007? Damn, now I feel old.) Arcana Heart 3: Love Max!!!!! will be out by then. :3

We should definitely meet up, then. I've been for the past 4 years.

Grisby

So the new character costs some dollars? Eh, I'll watch some videos to see how she plays before spending anything. I will admit I'm a bit disappointed at her not being free though.

Oh, and big thanks to the guy that posted the picture tool. Works great.

Mila high as balls.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Instead it's the ol' "Loli inside 18 Year old body" ancient technique.

If anything, this saves us from the Loli that is actually a 1,000 year old demon inside an 18 year old body army. So I'm thankful for it.

Fixed. Are you happy now? ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?

Ultimadrago

So the new character costs some dollars? Eh, I'll watch some videos to see how she plays before spending anything. I will admit I'm a bit disappointed at her not being free though.

Oh, and big thanks to the guy that posted the picture tool. Works great.

Mila high as balls.

Baked Mila. Aww yes

If anything, this saves us from the Loli that is actually a 1,000 year old demon inside an 18 year old body army. So I'm thankful for it.

Fixed. Are you happy now? ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?

Haha I am, I am!

So, we gotta pay for Marie? Outfits are one thing and totally optional, but I sort of feel like I am missing the entire DOA experience if I do not have all of the fighters. I would at least like to try her out before forking over cash. Hmmm.....

Vade

Playing Pai and Jacky makes me wish Sega would come out with VF6 soon and not the mess that FS is. VF5 was so good and then each new update dropped the quality.

I am gonna tweet them that in Japanese and see what answer I get for PS4 DOA5
so I can sell my ps3

I think DOA5 on PS4 should of been a no brainer. After Ultimate, they should of ported DOA5 to PS4 at launch or around. They could of made a nice little profit off of it and owned the fighting game space for the beginning of the new generation. PS4 also have Injustice, but it seems like the online in that game is a ghost town which to me possibly indicates that not that many people bought it.

I think DOA5 on PS4 should of been a no brainer. After Ultimate, they should of ported DOA5 to PS4 at launch or around. They could of made a nice little profit off of it and owned the fighting game space for the beginning of the new generation. PS4 also have Injustice, but it seems like the online in that game is a ghost town which to me possibly indicates that not that many people bought it.

Tekken Revolution and DOA5 Core Fighters not being on next gen at launch was a major loss for both companies. I bet it would have been a HIGH rate of DLC purchase too.

Tekken Revolution and DOA5 Core Fighters not being on next gen at launch was a major loss for both companies. I bet it would have been a HIGH rate of DLC purchase too.

Agreed. Probably could of been an easy and quick port as well. Hopefully, they are working on something and have it out relatively soon.

Top Bottom