• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

So, now that it's been out a day, how's Ein? Is he still all Ein-y and stuff? xD

Will pick this up soon, just picked up way too many games last week >_>

Mesharey

I just dl core fighters but Jann lee and hitomi are unavailable, what gives?
Try to restart the game? They will be available until 17/9.

Hitomi and Ayane are tag now! <3 <3 <3
They don't have tag throw, though.
Hitomi's new taunt is KAWAI. XD
Her new hair style looks good.

Rachel is HUGE. :O

The new tag throw is annoying. -.-"
Right right (or left left) P+K+H, I change the character many times just to throw. :/

Edit: I have a question, if I have the free version and downloaded all characters, will trophies work?

Wow at Pai actually looking good now

ibhIErdjzQ0a9R.gif

Cels

Try to restart the game? They will be available until 17/9.

Hitomi and Ayane are tag now! <3 <3 <3
They don't have tag throw, though.
Hitomi's new taunt is KAWAI. XD
Her new hair style looks good.

Rachel is HUGE. :O

The new tag throw is annoying. -.-"
Right right (or left left) P+K+H, I change the character many times just to throw. :/

Ya I restarted, works now

Ninja Dom

Anyone quickly know if Core Fighters is in the UK PSN Store?

Just checked. Game page is up with Avatars and Videos but no game download option yet.

Jeepers, Kasumi's idol costume is mega gross.

Think my code will be going up on old EBay!

You think? :eek: I love it! You could always...you know, be a pal and give it me for free >_>

I'll be downloading Core Fighters once it's up in the UK store, so feel free to add me, guys (if you hadn't from DOA5 vanilla) - PSN: Azuardo

Westlo

Said fuck it and bought the full version, but fuck me at this getting buried in the psn store. Techno need to get thus front and center

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So I guess vanilla DOA5 won't be getting anymore DLC?

Nope, and neither will 5+. I really hope Tecmo ports 5U as 5U+, but I already know that's not gonna happen after that bombed hardcore.

---

Online is still kinda dead. And I'm hating that throwdowns (and the lobbies) show 3-5 bar connections and then I say "sure, I'll play" only to run into 1-2 bar lag.

thundr51

Anybody if the fixed the hot getaway crossgoods problem? I've called Sony and they said it was a problem with tecmo and calling their support number is a joke.

TheSeks

E-mail Tecmo. Have a picture of your download list ready as "proof" you own it and provide your PSN ID.

It's what I did and got it solved. Otherwise I haven't heard they fixed it. But I haven't had issues with Tecmo's support line.

One major issue I have is that the DLC is included in the list and the DLC you don't own you have to scroll past for the ones you do. With the short ranked/unranked match timers online it's impossible to get the outfits you want.

thundr51

E-mail Tecmo. Have a picture of your download list ready as "proof" you own it and provide your PSN ID.

It's what I did and got it solved. Otherwise I haven't heard they fixed it. But I haven't had issues with Tecmo's support line.

One major issue I have is that the DLC is included in the list and the DLC you don't own you have to scroll past for the ones you do. With the short ranked/unranked match timers online it's impossible to get the outfits you want.

Did that in July and never heard anything. Just fired off another email today so hopefully I'll hear something. Heck, even tried twitter but still nothing. What email did you send to support@tecmokoeiamerica?

TheSeks

I e-mailed them through their web-page, and then shot a reply over. I think that address is correct, yeah.

Dragoshi1

Downloaded Core Fighters, hope it's not as bad as DoA4. That game was impossibly hard half the time. I got so frustrated trying to unlock every character(which I did eventually).

I also hated the fact that counters were really hard to pull off, and fighting that weird Kasumi looking final boss was a royal pain in the butt.

TheSeks

You're gonna be in for disappointment then. Combat system isn't changed. But you lose Jelly Nakey Kasumi boss unless you get the story pack.

Dantis

Downloaded Core Fighters, hope it's not as bad as DoA4. That game was impossibly hard half the time. I got so frustrated trying to unlock every character(which I did eventually).

I also hated the fact that counters were really hard to pull off, and fighting that weird Kasumi looking final boss was a royal pain in the butt.

These are weird complaints.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Last night while in a lobby, I noticed that Momiji and Rachel had two more locked outfits that don't normally show up offline.

Can these be unlocked or this as-of-yet unreleased DLC?

BadWolf

Put the Core version on download over night and tried it in the morning before going to work.

Haven't played DOA since DOA2 on DC, impressions so far:

- Game is so pretty, very smooth and great character models and especially the faces
- Gameplay seems nice and fast, I like how the hits feel like they have impact
- Luckily they unlocked Hitomi since I was interested in her the most but it seems I'm enjoying Kasumi the most so far, thinking of maining her. That black ninja outfit makes her look so badass (and isn't as distracting *cough*)
- Not quite sure how the whole counter/guard thing works so far, looked like there were points where my character was kind of stunned and couldn't block but could counter?
- Played one online match and the netcode seemed very solid, we were both mashing for our life but it was fun (and I won heh)

Do you unlock new costumes by finishing arcade mode on different difficulties?

If any Kasumi players could mention some good moves to keep in mind that would be very appreciated. Really looking forward to putting in more time when I get home.

Dragoshi1

You're gonna be in for disappointment then. Combat system isn't changed. But you lose Jelly Nakey Kasumi boss unless you get the story pack.

Thank goodness for jelly kasumi being out to me. Worst boss up there with Seth.

I went through arcade mode with Hitomi, and I like it so far, feels and plays a bit better then DOA4. Hitomi is also my best character, so it all works out.

I also burst out laughing at the breast physics option.

Seems SCEE dropped the ball (SHOCKER.) and DOA5 Core isn't listed for release today.

Been checking the store every half hour and just seen their blog update. This is terrible. So it might come out on Friday when the full game comes out? Or are we waiting till the next store update next week? FFS.

Dantis

Been checking the store every half hour and just seen their blog update. This is terrible. So it might come out on Friday when the full game comes out? Or are we waiting till the next store update next week? FFS.

The US one works, if that interests you. I downloaded it last night.

Can't buy anything on it though, obviously, so you're strictly limited to Kasumi, Ayane, Hayabusa, Hayate, Hitomi and Jann Lee.

The US one works, if that interests you. I downloaded it last night.

Can't buy anything on it though, obviously, so you're strictly limited to Kasumi, Ayane, Hayabusa, Hayate, Hitomi and Jann Lee.

Hmm, so would EU DOA5 save data transfer to US Core Fighters? And would I then be able to transfer this save data to EU Core Fighters?

:S

TheSeks

No. Core fighters is different by region. Just like the disc would be.

Auskeek

Alright, cheers. Might d/l it anyway, since god knows when we'll get the EU version now -_-

I did the same thing, since the EU version will probably be out on the 6th. I downloaded the HK version and have been having a blast. (..at the earliest I mean, considering that's the release date here)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
That Ayane costume first appeared in DOA++, and was also in DOA2 and DOA2 Ultimate. I'm disappointed in the lack of DOA nerdiness in this thread. :p

AlStrong

Is "Forest" Dither-y for anyone else?

That's due to Team Ninja not using proper mipmapping on their textures, instead using negative LOD bias. It's what makes a lot of the textures shimmery. It's a strange practise they've been doing since before DOA3 as far as I recall. I vividly recall the jungle court in DOAX as being particularly bad too.

From a performance perspective, I can't fathom why they'd want to do that because it's inefficient and wasteful.

LTWheels

I'm so glad that it sounds like they have changed the tag throw command back to f,f+ tag/ b,b + tag.

I was never a fan of the change in doa3 to make the command for tag throw, just a neutral throw.

Hope they release a Plus version of ultimate so I can double dip again on the Vita.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The online seems a bit messy. Found 2 matches easily in ranked and now back to dead smh.

stn

Planning to get this today, hopefully. Have two questions:

1. Does Jann Lee's UB+B (would be UB+O on the PS3) launch?
2. Is Evolution from DOA4 in the custom themes?

Thanks!

Dragoshi1

Wait, so Hitomi is a limited unlock, not permanent?

Aw, guess I have to buy her, then.

DOA Core fighter's system of character buying/unlocking seems smart, very very smart. I want to see this kind of thing employed in future F2P games.

Does this game use a ticket system for online mode, though? Like the Tekken F2P?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Wait, so Hitomi is a limited unlock, not permanent?

Aw, guess I have to buy her, then.

DOA Core fighter's system of character buying/unlocking seems smart, very very smart. I want to see this kind of thing employed in future F2P games.

Does this game use a ticket system for online mode, though? Like the Tekken F2P?

Nop. Unlimited play

Top Bottom