• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Halloween contest results

1st
01.jpg

2nd
02.jpg

3rd
03.jpg

4th
04.jpg

5th
05.jpg

6th
06.jpg

7th
07.jpg

8th
08.jpg

9th
09.jpg

10th
10.jpg

Loona

I should have voted in more browsers to help the more tasteful submissions...

On the other hand, I'm sort of glad I didn't bother submitting anything, stuff a lot better than what I'd be capable of drawing didn't make the cut...

raven777

Surprised at how good the winners are. Very excited to see them in the game.

Really hope they don't tone down the lewdness. Worried about #1 and #10 being "nerfed"

Ultimadrago

I'm surprised how much I approve of these results (in terms of being in top 10 at all, anyways). 4/6 of my choices made it in top 10.

My only very minor grievance (besides specific placings) is that Superhero Tina didn't make it. Aside from that, it's really awesome to see Arabian Princess Marie Rose, Hitomi's Ghost outfit and Blindfold Leifang.

They're deserving and I would love if they made it in-game, so I can spend on even more outfits.

Eolz

Did they ever say the winners of the costume contests would be in game?

Did TN ever make any costume dlc from the last design contest?

No and no. The winners got some nice prizes (imo) but they never were promised anything.
TN probably does this so they can still control everything and avoid possible backlash from an audience or another.
However it's still a nice way to see characters' popularity and what people may want as future DLC costumes (for this game or another).

Squire

Banned
Community definitely ducked up with the vote.

Surprised at how good the winners are. Very excited to see them in the game.

Really hope they don't tone down the lewdness. Worried about #1 and #10 being "nerfed"

With Venus and Helena's seashell in the game it would be weirdly hypocritical for them to need anything.

Any vids of the pajama/towel cosutmes?

No. There'll probably a trailer the day they come out.

Niitris

I like most of these (love only a few); I guess you can tell where I stand on this.

Only one I don't like is 9; a mini-skirt or shorter-shorts would've done the job just as well without making it look kinda tasteless or removing the imagination aspect. Shame, rest of the outfit looks great. :(
5 too, but I guess something needed to be added to an otherwise plain dress.

Disappointing results for the costume content. The skeleton and Queen of Hearts costumes are cool, but the rest are meh. Plus no guys making the top 10 is bunk.

If TK continues to do this, they really need to further improve the voting method. Letting people vote for every character, despite the amount of costumes being uneven doesn't really jive, plus I think the voting process could be easily gamed.

*sigh*

I'm the same really. I liked the casual costumes they had going on, but needs more variety. Need Kas in some skinny jeans and t-shirt/tank top.

Loona

I'd much rather we get more tasteful costumes than these for DoA6... But maybe that's just me.

Nope, not just you. Then again, Team Ninja hasn't released outfits based on prior user submissions, and their own Halloween outfits were for the most part tasteful.

ShinMaruku

As stated before "People wanted clothed costumes but only bought bikinis" It's saying one thing and doing the other. :p This contest was to find out what people will act on. Nothing more. Although some of those costumes could come out.

Skilletor

As stated before "People wanted clothed costumes but only bought bikinis" It's saying one thing and doing the other. :p This contest was to find out what people will act on. Nothing more. Although some of those costumes could come out.

People wanted clothed costumes but only bought bikinis isn't necessarily true. What is happening is that people want clothed costumes, but the number of people who want bikinis far outnumber those who want other outfits. I haven't bought any of the bikini outfits, personally.

It would be more accurate to say, "More people buy bikini outfits than other types" or "People who want clothed outfits are in the minority for the fanbase" or "The people who wanted bikini outfits didn't buy clothed outfits."

ShinMaruku

People wanted clothed costumes but only bought bikinis isn't necessarily true. What is happening is that people want clothed costumes, but the number of people who want bikinis far outnumber those who want other outfits. I haven't bought any of the bikini outfits, personally.

It would be more accurate to say, "More people buy bikini outfits than other types" or "People who want clothed outfits are in the minority for the fanbase" or "The people who wanted bikini outfits didn't buy clothed outfits."

That's fair. I think Team Ninja could do a bit better with how they release but, this is their market, some things will sell more than others.

Vade

Has there been any more information on the console release date for the female tengu or will that be released at gamescom?

Eolz

I'm not sure if I understand it well, but on the main website (jp) and team ninja's twitter account, Nyotengu should come on console with 1.08.
pic related:
005_11.jpg

Eolz

Yeah, especially when you click on the banner leading to this

However, what's interesting is this part as well (google translate):
Private-pounding woman Tengu Add Costumes (gym suit, Santa, Chia, bath towel, nurse)
(saying they're adding this + other dlc costumes on arcade. We already have those on consoles)
This looks suspiciously like the costume bundle they'll do with Nyotengu for her release on console (5 dlc costumes, usual stuff that was there for Marie Rose and Phase 4). Pretty sure they'll put her with the 1.08 on consoles when it'll be ready.

Yeah, sounds about right. How long did console wait after Alpha was in arcade? About 3 months? We must be due Nyotengu in about 1-2 months, surely.

Eolz

New Famitsu article saying they decided on a release date for Nyotengu and that there will be a new big sale to celebrate 150M downloads of the F2P version.

Also, any tips for survival mode? Already beat most other modes in legend, but I have some difficulties in this one (mainly when Alpha 152, Gen-Fu or Brad appear).

Would be a surprise. Didn't expect her for a little longer yet.

btw, random question about Exhibition mode...

So I know it unlocks everything for you to play with mainly for use at tournaments and such. But what are the things it unlocks? Is it just costumes and stages? Because I can't recall any actual locked characters in DOA5... Unless I'm mistaken?

Eolz

Only locked characters are DLC.
I can see Nyotengu on consoles the last week of august. It'd be after the sale, and at the good moment for the usual psn/xbl store update. This or first week of september.

Eolz

update, official post on the DoA facebook page:

"Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Core Fighters" hit over 1.5MM downloads worldwide. Thank you for your support. To celebrate this, we will start Summer Sale this week soon for both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 worldwide. http://bit.ly/DOA5U_Summersale_USEN

One more news today, Nyotengu will join the DOA5U Roster this September. We will keep you posted more! Team Ninja #DAO5U #Nyotengu #ImaFighter

Top Bottom