• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

AlStrong

Would be curious to know how many costume downloads there have been so far (if just # of total packs and # of total individual costumes).

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Looks like a bunch of costumes are on sale for DOA5U. Is there any easy way of knowing if I already purchased these in a previous pack?

I think I just bought the DOA5 and DOA5+ pack that was on sale during the 1 million downloads celebration.

Hubb

Looks like a bunch of costumes are on sale for DOA5U. Is there any easy way of knowing if I already purchased these in a previous pack?

I think I just bought the DOA5 and DOA5+ pack that was on sale during the 1 million downloads celebration.

Is this live for PSN? I don't see any on sale there.

SCEE fucking Europe around again with Koei/Team Ninja stuff on the store. Never get DLC, games or sales up on the day they're supposed to. Fucking useless.

dreamfall

At least there's 2-3 weeks to get this sale...

Baha, that's how I feel. Never got around to buying the Private Paradise pack or the Tropical Sexy pack, so I guess I'll get around to it!

Spent more on the Costume DLC than the price of both DOA5/U Combined :/ Part of the problem!

I hope with all this "remastered" talk, they put out a definitive edition on the new consoles with alllll the costumes!

Edit: Also, I've been watching my rank from a B- drop stupendously with me attempting to fight/practice with Marie Rose. I don't think I'll ever figure her out, but I've been having a ton of fun pretending I'm ice skater, and dodging with her stances. I've gone down to a "C," and been having a ton of fun. I'm not very good, but I was a Tina player forever/will always be. I used her exclusively, and I think it's time to branch out!

yea . . . it ended up at some tv thing

E: I managed to find her after going through the game's redirect to the store.

Can't you try through the online store instead? I just tapped 'phase' into the search bar and it gave me all Phase-4 stuff.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...se-4/cid=EP4108-NPEB01786_00-PHASE4KEY0000000

Maybe if you're in US, change the 'gb' in the URL to 'us' and see if it works.

Full list of Phase-4 stuff:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/search/f=^phase|bucket~games

Eolz

Was surprised to see the gravure videos and swimsuit pack associated cheaper than advertised on xbox live (france here).
12,49€ instead of 15 and 7,5 instead of 9. Doa5 complete pack was less than an euro cheaper as well and the casual collections were the same price.

Mesharey

I bought towels DLC yesterday, 1st time it took me this long to buy them.
Yup, we need DOA5 PS4 or Xbox One soon, or even DOA6.

Should be live but not in Europe because SCEE is a bunch of wankers who never get Koei stuff out on time. Perhaps they want DOA6, too, and this is how they protest.

Don't think Phase-4 is in the sale...

How active is this game online now? Xbox and PS3 versions?

Can't really comment on the X360 version since I only own DOA5 for it, but Ultimate on PS3 is quite busy whenever I am online. I am assuming the X360 version is fairly busy as well, but I have a feeling that the PS3 version has more players online.

Just my luck. The one game that I cnt find in my house is DOA5 Ultimate. I found the case, so the disc must be somewhere, probably in another case. I got over 70 360 games. Ill go through them this afternoon. If not, i'll probably download the free version on ps3 and just buy the characters that i use.

Squire

Banned
They tweeted that DLC costumes are coming out next week. Angels, I believe.

Presumably there's going to be a Devils set down the road then, too.

Eolz

That may be cool DLC, will wait to see what the devils set looks like though.
Surprised they didn't keep that for around Halloween.
inb4 no DLC for Virtua Fighter characters once again :(

Did you guys read this? It's a bit different to Nyotengu's English bio...

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/0...cter-profile-dead-alive-5-ultimates-nyotengu/
Deep in the mountains of Japan, legends of a mysterious and beautiful female Tengu have been passed down from ages old. She is said to have descended into the human world out of simple boredom,
but since rumors of Bankotsubo’s death reached her ears, taking revenge on the ninja who killed him has become her single obsession…

I hope she's an interesting villain and not just
Ryu's answer to Kasumi's Ayane.

Also, looks like Nyotengu is her official English name. I thought she was going to be renamed or something...

Hubb

It is nice that they are willing to put their stuff on sale now, but $25 is steep. Granted I already own the costumes that I want. I might hold off on some from now on if they are going to put stuff on sale regularly.

raven777

BvXgkrJCQAAop72.jpg

maid costume pack is out today

video

http://youtu.be/zkmNGiXXkDM

Eolz

Ow yes, really happy about this maid pack. I would have preferred if some didn't have sleeveless costumes though.

Top Bottom