• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Would it be feasible for games like the next DOA to allow continued playing whilst videos upload in the background? We all know how long it takes to upload them, and it's also a hell of a long time to upload HD ones in Mario Kart 8, so I'm worried about that for the next DOA. Is uploading in the background at all possible do you think?

Yeah, I ruled those out. But it'd be possible on PS4 right? I sure hope they do that. Made the mistake of uploading my first MK8 race when I got it and ended up sitting for like 40 minutes before I could continue playing. Not the best idea when you start playing a new game lol

Hubb

I got mollywhopped, lol. Eye opening experience, for sure. I'll post more about it when I'm not on my phone.

At least you went, DoA scene can use as much participation as it can get. And this is coming from a guy who hasn't been to one of these events.

Hope you enjoyed it/learned from it, and enjoy the rest of the tournaments.

ShinMaruku

I think doa is slowly growing it's offline representation. It's great to see. I don't go because at this point I can't really travel and I'm just ass. :p

Zack117

Banned
My vote goes to Tecmo for making a damn DoA6 on PS4 and Xbox One!

I want:
-1080p@60fps
-Largely improved textures on the environments.
-Maps with lots of interactive features and levels.
-Same artstyle as DoA5 for the characters.
-Costume customization.
-Some sort of challenge map, with various things to complete, maybe a sort of Soul Calibur 2 storymode where each fight has certain criterias.
-Keep one version of the game updated, don't release several (like an ultimate edition), there are few enough players online as it is. Would be cool with crossplay over PS4/Xbox One too.
-Volleyball minigame for up to four players locally.

Sorry, didn't mean to bring down the costume voting atmosphere here.
This. I hope team ninja is working on the exact same things right now.

Hubb

Yes, I think they were happy with how DoA5 preformed. DoA6 is just a matter of time. To be honest I hope they wait a year or so. I don't want a cross gen game, push current gen as much as they can without worrying about PS3/360.

ShinMaruku

In honor of Germany and therefor Hitomi winning I will post Hitomi pics!
hitomi_at_the_gym_by_x2gon-d5t7ukd.png

The sports DLC pack was kinda crappy. They should have made some better country specific soccer ones for the World Cup. German flag facepaint on Hitomi's cheeks and that.

Skilletor

When you see a true marie rose be afraid.

I'd never played against or used her, so I got destroyed. Her short limbs and p1 outfit make it hard to see attacks. Combined with how short she is, it was hard to tell the difference between mids and highs. I fucking hate this character. For so many reasons.

Count blackule was there. Crazy steady destroyed me, I think it was him. They posted the brackets

Lots of people playing Mila.

Time to hit the lab for this game.

Mesharey

Thanks!
Perfect Legend became the 2nd after a reset?
Or is there something else in the below brackets?
Edit: OK I got it, SonicFox won it and Perfect Legend became the second.

Squire

Banned
I'm not sure what to think of the latest DLC
towels and pajamas

No Christy, Lisa, Kasumi, or Phase 4. I'm assuming they're all getting something else in a different pack.

I sure hope they don't half-ass this years Halloween pack. They got good designs. Last few packs reek of laziness.

ShinMaruku

I'd never played against or used her, so I got destroyed. Her short limbs and p1 outfit make it hard to see attacks. Combined with how short she is, it was hard to tell the difference between mids and highs. I fucking hate this character. For so many reasons.

Count blackule was there. Crazy steady destroyed me, I think it was him. They posted the brackets

Lots of people playing Mila.

Time to hit the lab for this game.
Since you played those people, I see how you got destroyed, I play against them sometimes. If you want good Mila exp play something Unique and then go "FUUUUUUU"

To fight Marie you got to know her set ups and she has a pretty damn good side step that will fuck people, you have to know how to open her up. When you get that down she becomes managable.

Also keep in mind due to some lag online some characters do unsafe shit that is safe online. (Ayane becomes godlike online when you know what do use and then start crushing people's moves)

There should be a lobby on tonight that should have some very good players on around 7pm EST goes on for 3-4 hours, I'll post when it's up and post the twitch. Then you will see me get bodied. :p

Freakmonkey

Neo Member
Gais I need advice. I realize that I shouldn't even take online seriously and should just go offline, but I can have some big trouble punishing stuff in this game when the connection is below 3 bars. Do you guys start to change your tactics when this happens or do you just do more guess work in order to punish?

ShinMaruku

Gais I need advice. I realize that I shouldn't even take online seriously and should just go offline, but I can have some big trouble punishing stuff in this game when the connection is below 3 bars. Do you guys start to change your tactics when this happens or do you just do more guess work in order to punish?

Some things change online to a certain extent. So on bad connections you jus thave to be able to read attacks and punish based off of that.

Pimpbaa

I'm not sure what to think of the latest DLC
towels and pajamas

I like the towels and the shirts Mila and Momiji are wearing (hot!), but the pajamas are ugly and the total waste of a costume for Marie Rose when it could have been a costume for one of the other girls.

Kumubou

It was posted in this thread, which is why I said that. :)
Derp! I don't remember seeing it. :x

Speaking of me not even paying attention, I was at Evo and didn't even realize there was a DoA5U side tournament. Probably would not have been able to enter it anyway, as I was too busy with helping run BBCP and AH3:LM.

Top Bottom