• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Why isn't it next week yet?!?!!!

I'm not sure how hard I'll be able to go into the game, but I'm going to make a concentrated effort to really learn how to play Nyotengu.

Kumubou

I wonder how much they'll have Nyotengu play like the old Tengu from 2/4... I hope they change her up a bit, as he was always really obnoxious to fight (even when he sucked).

Timu

Holy crap...just a week left until this chick comes(and I may do direct feed as well):

iblIcvzk665Xx9.png

Dat ass BTW.

Been messing around with Marie and Momiji the past few days and they're both pretty fun. I really don't use other characters nearly enough in this game.

Skilletor

Been messing around with Marie and Momiji the past few days and they're both pretty fun. I really don't use other characters nearly enough in this game.

I loooooooooooove Momiji. After EVO, I was determined to play Milia. My issue with the game is the online is not good enough. I want to play it more, but with no local scene, it's hard to get motivated when other games are so much better online. :/

ShinMaruku

Mila's strings hardly work online too. You have to get used to it. But Momiji, Momiji is something special. She can mix you up with either her going for an attack or you mix in throws from the fair. She and Tommy have an unparalleled air game.

Eolz

I personnally thought it would be 4 characters, but I'm happy with this.
Means they're ready to switch even more on DOA6 development.

Skilletor

The dlc is such a mess. I cannot tell which stuff I've bought or downloaded. What stuff is new, which are content packs or actual dlc. #sigh

Eolz

The chat is soooo bad.
Some nice rounds, a bit glad that Perfect Legend was eliminated so quickly (and that he got salty).

raven777

what I want in this version

-1080p/60fps (its given I guess..)
-improved character graphics(better texture, AA, IQ)
-much better visuals for stages. doa5's background stages were disappointing.
-better photomode. something like infamous:ss and TLoU:R.
-include DLC characters like Marie Rose, phase-4 and Nyotengu.
-DLC costume compatable with last-gen purchases.
-new characters
-changes to character balance, etc.
-better netcode

what I want in this version

-1080p/60fps (its given I guess..)
-improved character graphics(better texture, AA, IQ)
-much better visuals for stages. doa5's background stages were disappointing.
-better photomode. something like infamous:ss and TLoU:R.
-include DLC characters like Marie Rose, phase-4 and Nyotengu.
-DLC costume compatable with last-gen purchases.
-new characters
-changes to character balance, etc.
-better netcode
If this doesn't happens , i'll NEVER BUY a DOA Game AGAIN

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is Plus worth a buy?

If you don't mind it being DOA5 and not DOA5U, so it doesn't have rebalance and the new characters: Sure. But the online play is atrocious and #dead.

benzy

Guess there's no point in me spending money on the characters now that we get a ps4 version that will likely include them. They better make not make us repay for the costumes.

Guess there's no point in me spending money on the characters now that we get a ps4 version that will likely include them. They better make not make us repay for the costumes.

If you don't mind the wait

The costumes will likely be crossbuy, with maybe some thrown in for free

I can't imagine having to buy them all over again, just like I can't imagine them all coming with the game

benzy

If you don't mind the wait

The costumes will likely be crossbuy, with maybe some thrown in for free

I can't imagine having to buy them all over again, just like I can't imagine them all coming with the game

I don't think crossbuy would apply to me if I'm going from 360 to ps4. :\

Pachinko

wonder what the chances are of ALL the DLC being included with a next gen release ?

I was half hoping for a PS4 version of DOA5 ultimate because I only bought standard DOA5 and never saw a reason to upgrade. Didn't enjoy it as much as 4 for various reasons. ( I blame the lack of itagaki but that's kind of petty).

I'll pick up a PS4 release.

Top Bottom