• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

Vade

Does this seem late for team ninja? They could have been the solo fighting game on next gen, but I believe Tekken was already announced and Mortal Kombat 'some number'. Just glad the series continues, but improve the net code please.

benzy

Aw, that sucks. :(

It's part of the reason I stopped buying stuff on 360 version with PS3 and Vita versions being dlc compatible.

I wasn't even really expecting a next-gen port. I thought they'd focus on DOA6 instead of rehashing DOA5 for the third time, but I guess it makes sense to milk the crap out of Team Ninja's only decent game after NG3 bombed hard thrice.

You don't need to get it on PS4, Last Round is coming to 360 as well.

So either get it on 360 and get most of my costumes and suffer from crappy graphics, or get it on ps4 and see full 1080p glory with assumingly good AA. Why should we be put in this dilemma?

Skilletor

I wasn't even really expecting a next-gen port. I thought they'd focus on DOA6 instead of rehashing DOA5 for the third time, but I guess it makes sense to milk the crap out of Team Ninja's only decent game after NG3 bombed hard thrice.

So either get it on 360 and get most of my costumes and suffer from crappy graphics, or get it on ps4 and see full 1080p glory with assumingly good AA. Why should we be put in this dilemma?

I guess that's one way of looking at it. I don't see it as milking when they're still adding content, patches, updates, and characters to a game I'm still playing. I thought a current generation port with the characters they've added was pretty much a given, and I look forward to playing it with good iq. It sucks for people that have switched console brands for dlc, but that's not really tecmo's fault.

One more day . . .

I wonder if that Senran Kagura thing is gonna be a character or 20. That'd be nice, except for the insane delay before it'd ever leave Japan . . . . . . . .

Things seen so far
Kokoro has a new hairstyle
Ayane has a new hairstyle
New particle effects
Two new stages
Senran Kagura Collaboration.

Nothing really major until they spill more.

raven777

Things seen so far
Kokoro has a new hairstyle
Ayane has a new hairstyle

New particle effects
Two new stages
Senran Kagura Collaboration.

Nothing really major until they spill more.

54044FE73733620015

54044FE8372FB00019
these seem new as well?

Lads, I had a fucking weird dream last night after this DOA5LR news.

Dreamed that Kazuma Kiryu from Yakuza was in LR. Also Ryo Hazuki's father, but he looked completely different. And someone else I forget now. Ryo wasn't there and I was fuming lol. Think he was gonna be DLC XD

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
A Senran Kagura collaboration!? Blood-from-the-nose awesomeness.

All this Last Round stuff has me hyped for DOA again.

Griss

GMyxtpd.png

Eliot and Marie Rose Halloween costume contest winners are in!

Reference:
Eliot, Marie

I made the same post in the announcement thread at the same time, lol. They really nailed Eliot's costume, it looks awesome.

Loving Hitomi's new haircut as well, it's too cute. Rest of the game looks like it'll be an upres only. I'd be surprised as hell if we get any better geometry or models, or even higher textures. We'll need to wait until DoA6 for that. Seeing as IQ was pretty much the biggest issue with the visuals of the game, I'm fine with just 1080p + some AA. Anything less will be a disappointment though.

ShinMaruku

So good to see Tecmo making money off this and continue support. I would say this is how you should do a fighting game, but Capcom has a shit art team at the moment.
DLC should carry over the reps have mentioned to some people So we should be good with most of our dlc. I know my DOA+ dlc moved over.

Kumubou

The game is not being supported at all, they're just supporting horny teens with fetishes. I've barely played DOA5 this year, but every now and then I'll fire it up to see if they fixed the netcode and it's still the same laggy piece of shit with the same noobs sending me hate mail whenever they lose. I play other fighters on PS3 and NONE of them are this laggy or full of such immature players.

So no, to me they are not improving the game. If anything they're making it worse. It's actually funny, everyone used to rag on DOA for all the girls looking identical so they gave them unique faces in DOA5 only to dress them all up in the same shitty costumes. I was initially kind of excited for Nyotengu until I realized well she's just going to be another ho in a nurse outfit soon enough.

Welp. That was quick!

I hope Nyotengu gets a sexy overalls costume. That was the last DLC I bought a few costumes from.
All that nurse, towel, gym outfit etc are kinda boring for me.

Top Bottom