• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate |OT| The ninjas are free; the swimsuits are not.

ShinMaruku

The weakness in that tag team is When you beat his Rig it falls apart. As for partners either Juggle carriers or people who can finish the combo into a wall. Ein,Hitomi,Rachel,Kstoute's wife (Nyo Tengu) Phase 4 people like that. Gen Fu too can work.

Decided to do Nyotengu's combo challenges

The last one isn't registering even though I'm finishing it. It ends in an air throw so, and that's connecting, so I don't know what's wrong

On the off chance that you havent completed it already, I remember you have to let Ayanes vertical kick hit the opponent twice before you tag in Nyo for the air grab.
Man, I hope we get some nice new costume DLC soon. Its been ages since we got some bikinis.

On the off chance that you havent completed it already, I remember you have to let Ayanes vertical kick hit the opponent twice before you tag in Nyo for the air grab.
Man, I hope we get some nice new costume DLC soon. Its been ages since we got some bikinis.

Of all the . . .

If I played this more, I'd know that the kick hits twice and might have thought to try that . . . oh well

Thanks a lot, just finished it

So... am I stupid, or does the UK/EU not get the character bundles that the US apparently has? No Nyotengu debut bundle, no new character bundle anywhere on PSN that I can find :(

SCEE is full of cunts. DOA shit never arrives on the EU store when it's planned. I think SCEE has some grudge against Koei and TN or something.

Just started getting into this a few weeks ago. Are there any nice YouTube video tips to watch?

And I'm in a dielama as to weather use d pad or analog atick?. Any suggestions?

D-Pad here.

EmperorCow, he has many educational videos for the game, 12 videos.

Thanks. will check out videos.

I'm OK with d pad in matches but I find some trail combos difficult to do with dpad. Its hard to press 2 buttons at once on dpad, for crouching and few other combos. How do you do that? Shift to analog for those combos and come back to dpad? For now I'm doing it like that :|

Skilletor

Thanks. will check out videos.

I'm OK with d pad in matches but I find some trail combos difficult to do with dpad. Its hard to press 2 buttons at once on dpad, for crouching and few other combos. How do you do that? Shift to analog for those combos and come back to dpad? For now I'm doing it like that :|

I'm totally confused. What do you mean two buttons? Like down and back? or punch and kick?

Actually, I do remember trying to do one of Hayabusa's crazy spin drop moves in challenge mode, and people suggested switching to analogue for it, and I'm pretty sure I managed to get it done that way. So it's likely easier on the thumbs for some moves than the D-pad, but I defo think D-pad is the way to go for games where you only require single digital inputs, such as 2D and fighting games.

There's no right or wrong, though; just whatever you prefer and get used to.

I'm totally confused. What do you mean two buttons? Like down and back? or punch and kick?

Sry. I mean like back and down on dpad, for crouching. Pressing 2 buttons at the same time on dpad.

Actually, I do remember trying to do one of Hayabusa's crazy spin drop moves in challenge mode, and people suggested switching to analogue for it, and I'm pretty sure I managed to get it done that way. So it's likely easier on the thumbs for some moves than the D-pad, but I defo think D-pad is the way to go for games where you only require single digital inputs, such as 2D and fighting games.

There's no right or wrong, though; just whatever you prefer and get used to.

Yup. I agree. Depends on the individual. Just asking to know how you guys play.

I don't know how anyone could have a problem hitting the back-down (1) part of a D-pad... If you can hit the left button and the down button, you can hit in-between those buttons, too.

After playing BlazBlue 3, one thing I hope DOA6 has (I'm not expecting LR to have it, but they could do it) is to simply let us choose ANY music track prior to the start of a fight, or let us at least choose a track for certain stages or the character we use in a proper format (not the dumb shit it is atm).

As it is, the music is randomly picked depending on the two characters in the fight. I love how BBCP just lets you choose whichever track you want beforehand.

Maybe only have the stage/character custom track pre-picks (but not in the dumb way it is now) work for online fights, though, to perhaps reduce wait time, as some people might spend the whole timer picking a track.

But basically, yeah - pre-fight full choice music track selection.

Eolz

That's weird, for me (I'm on 360) the track is always the one I chose in the options (stage or character, then customised amongst the various choices), and it's the opponent's character music, apart from survival mode (where it's always the music track for the character I'm using).
Nothing random.

I swear that the game will randomly choose between the music you've set for your picked character and your opponent's, so even if I put Track 1 for Kasumi and I always play as her, there's a chance the game will play the track I've set to my opponent's character instead.

Does the stage music selection even work? I forget if it actually does. I think I was expecting to be able to assign a track to each stage, but I don't think it's possible, is it?

If you could just pick the music prior to fights, it solves everything. If I'm wrong about something then I'll have to go back to playing and testing it, but I recall it never being perfect because it would still sometimes choose the theme I set to my opponent's character and not the one for the character I'm playing as (which is what I wanted to hear).

Cali Crush has been pretty fun. It's nice seeing characters on stream we don't usually get to see at say, Big E tournaments. Seeing Lisa being used in a winner's final is pretty damn cool.

It looks like they're going to stream some random money matches for a little bit.

Watching this today has really made me sad that NEC isn't till December. I definitely need the extra time to prepare though. I've been playing like garbage lately and I really don't want to go 0-2 again.

Squire

Banned
I hope as October approaches, they do a half off for the Halloween bundle. Never did get around to picking them up...

There's going to be a new Halloween set, so the old will probably go on sale to promote that. There'll probably be a bundle that has the costumes from both sets.

raven777

BxypxiXCUAAo2OM.jpg:large

are they adding 2 more characters?

AAK

Please be Kage + Vanessa!

But all the VF characters are in the middle which makes me think those new characters are gonna be unique ones.

Skilletor

Please be Kage + Vanessa!

But all the VF characters are in the middle which makes me think those new characters are gonna be unique ones.

I hate Kage, so no thanks. I love Vanessa, so wouldn't mind her.

Really would prefer them not to have anymore VF characters, overall, though. I want them to put effort into characters that will actually carry over to DoA6.

I hope the new characters include Raidou and one of the suggested hot chicks (Rio, Nikki or the blonde Ninja Gaiden girl).
I really want to see some new footage of the new Hong Kong stage too. On the subject of stages, a "rain" stage would be ideal.

Eolz

I'm pretty sure we'll never get Raidou. Maybe someone with a similar gameplay, but Raidou is dead and Team Ninja prefer creating new characters when they can.

Top Bottom