• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive Dimensions |OT| Setting your age to 99 does nothing!

Chorazin

Tricky I Shadow said:
So a friend of mine borrowed the game from me today and it’s his birthday tomorrow, so I think I’m going to tell him to keep it and I’ll get another copy. But before I do:

1. I’ll still get the DLC stuff each day won’t I? Even though the game won't be in my 3DS? That includes both the Costumes + Throwdown challenges. And yes I know the costumes will be available again in June.

2. If I get another copy of the game, will all my records (best times, unlocked characters etc) still all be unlocked? In other words.......swapping the cartridges won’t matter will it? It saves on the 3DS doesn’t it?

I’d appreciate it if only someone who knows 100% for sure what the answers are answered them....I really don’t want to miss out on the DLC and lose all my saved data.
I don't know if the costumes you get for one game in the same unit will transfer to another. The only things saved the SD card AFAIK are the costumes, all the other stuff is on the cart. You'll lose everything.

Skilletor

Man...

There's an A Rank (right now, they'll be higher in no time) Hitomi. Username is Angry Worm. This dude is the fucking truth. lol. Kicking my ass so hard.

Skilletor said:
Man...

There's an A Rank (right now, they'll be higher in no time) Hitomi. Username is Angry Worm. This dude is the fucking truth. lol. Kicking my ass so hard.

Heard about him on the GFAQS board. Haven't faced him yet, and I hope not to >_>

Managed to unlock Raidou by beating Arcade Course 5 with Alpha-152 and I've tried three online matches (and won all three). Little to no lag in those matches, so at least I'm not having a terrible time with the online

P90

I'm starting to get pretty decent. Kasumi is my gal. She does not seem to match up well against Ayane or Christie, at least for my fighting style/skill. Those two give me the most trouble.

Can anybody post a pick of Kasumi's download costume? It is a long wait until the end of June. Kasumi's costume #3 is my favorite for her.

Lei Fang has such elegant costumes. :)

The 3DS d-pad is not the best for diagonals. Like others, the analog nub works better.

P90 said:
I'm starting to get pretty decent. Kasumi is my gal. She does not seem to match up well against Ayane or Christie, at least for my fighting style/skill. Those two give me the most trouble.

Can anybody post a pick of Kasumi's download costume? It is a long wait until the end of June. Kasumi's costume #3 is my favorite for her.

Lei Fang has such elegant costumes. :)

The 3DS d-pad is not the best for diagonals. Like others, the analog nub works better.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997816-dead-or-alive-dimensions/59173980/656996925

Doesn't show the entire costume unfortunately

b9dGx.jpg

DR2K

Banned
Skilletor said:
Man...

I've played him in 4, he's good.

After playing a bunch of DOA4 again I'm positive DOA:D is the better game. So much packed into such a sexy little package.

DoctorWho said:
This game has me searching for an old copy of DOA4. I traded mine in years ago.
I still have mine. I tried to play online and got my ass handed to me. Turns out that a 3 year break is indeed too much to expect to pick up and play again without embarrassing yourself.

Luigiv

Wait people are still debating as to whether the costumes are on the cartridge or are actually downloaded? Of course their on the cartridge, How else do you think all your lttp friends will be able to see them when you play multiplayer?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Luigiv said:
Wait people are still debating as to whether the costumes are on the cartridge or are actually downloaded? Of course their on the cartridge, How else do you think all your lttp friends will be able to see them when you play multiplayer?

They're saved to the SD card though. Take out the SD card and the costumes will disappear.

Luigiv

EatChildren said:
They're saved to the SD card though. Take out the SD card and the costumes will disappear.
Those are just unlock keys. Like I said, if it's not on the cartridge then what would others who didn't download the costume see if you played them in multiplayer?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Luigiv said:
Those are just unlock keys. Like I said, if it's not on the cartridge then what would others who didn't download the costume see if you played them in multiplayer?

Default? There's no way to know unless we test it.

EatChildren

Luigiv said:
Want to? I got the game on Aussie launch, so I haven't got the first 5 costumes yet.

Sure. 3437-3068-0646. If you dont have Tina's cat costume, I'll pick that.

EatChildren

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Dreams-Visions said:
I still have mine. I tried to play online and got my ass handed to me. Turns out that a 3 year break is indeed too much to expect to pick up and play again without embarrassing yourself.
Did you got used to 3DS Dpad?

Emotions

Picked this up yesterday ... from the impressions so far in this thread it looks like a good 3ds purchase .. i tested de 3d and it looks nice

EatChildren

As Kokoro I'm wearing the brown short shorts, white top that shows her stomach, and cowboy boots.

Luigiv

EatChildren said:
As Kokoro I'm wearing the brown short shorts, white top that shows her stomach, and cowboy boots.
Yeah same thing. Try wearing a non-dlc costume I haven't unlocked yet next just to see what'll happen.

EatChildren

Luigiv said:
Yeah same thing. Try wearing a non-dlc costume I haven't unlocked yet next just to see what'll happen.

How many do you have for Christie?

EatChildren

Luigiv said:
Only the defaults.

Is that two or three? I'll use the 3rd costume for Christie. It's a black suit thing.

M3d10n

This is science in the making! Good job, guys. How big are the costume files, anyway? Are they separate?

Since the Wii supports DLC, it's not surprising the 3DS does it. The surprising stuff is it actually downloading it in background.

EatChildren

I can see your DLC costume too (I have that one).

So it seems that the DLC is indeed genuine, and if you dont have the costume it uses the default.

Luigiv

EatChildren said:
I can see your DLC costume too (I have that one).

So it seems that the DLC is indeed genuine, and if you dont have the costume it uses the default.
Yep.

Edit: Well that was fun. Lets do it again sometime.

EatChildren

Indeed! Though fuck Ridley flaming my arse over and over.

So the verdict is;
DLC = Real, not unlock keys. Players using DLC the other player doesn't have will appear in default costumes.
Costumes = Bonus costumes on the cart will appear on a player, regardless of whether or not the other play has it unlocked.

Chorazin said:
I don't know if the costumes you get for one game in the same unit will transfer to another. The only things saved the SD card AFAIK are the costumes, all the other stuff is on the cart. You'll lose everything.

8aYdg.png

EatChildren

I wonder if it would be possible to locate the costume files on the SD card, upload them, and see if people could transfer them to their own.

I had a look but there's no obvious file names. I can seperate photos data from game data, but thats it.

Kevtones

Haven't played a fighting game in a long while but I'm glad I played bought this. Seems like a ton of content and it's the overall package is pretty great.

Looks nice too.

Also, love the touch of simple 3D viewing that goes on the menus...

bon

EatChildren said:
Indeed! Though fuck Ridley flaming my arse over and over.

So the verdict is;
DLC = Real, not unlock keys. Players using DLC the other player doesn't have will appear in default costumes.
Costumes = Bonus costumes on the cart will appear on a player, regardless of whether or not the other play has it unlocked.
Does this mean they could release a ton of DLC costumes in the future? That would make up for the kinda low number of costumes on the cart.

EatChildren said:
I wonder if it would be possible to locate the costume files on the SD card, upload them, and see if people could transfer them to their own.

I had a look but there's no obvious file names. I can seperate photos data from game data, but thats it.

I fear that the data is encrypted and tied to the 3DS it was downloaded to. Much like the FZero GX save data was randomly encrypted tying it to the original memory card.

Luigiv

boris feinbrand said:
I fear that the data is encrypted and tied to the 3DS it was downloaded to. Much like the FZero GX save data was randomly encrypted tying it to the original memory card.
You could do that on the Gamecube? Mind Blown.

Luigiv said:
You could do that on the Gamecube? Mind Blown.

I learned that the hard way when I tried to get a save file from the net with all unlocks after I lost my original Memory Card. The same thing was done for games like Smash Bros Melee and Animal Crossing if I recall right.

P90

bon said:
Does this mean they could release a ton of DLC costumes in the future? That would make up for the kinda low number of costumes on the cart.

That would be awesome!

Chorazin

Ugh, guys I think I hate this game. When the punishment for a strong offense is a 40% or more damage Hold when my long combo maybe does 20% damage, it's just annoying. I just don't enjoying playing defense and that seems to be when this game encourages. :(

I was so hyped for this as well since I loved DOA4 but I don't remember that being as Hold happy as this is, or have I just not played DOA4 in so long that I've forgot?

B-Dex

In online multiplayer it's all about counters. Just have to learn what height the combos they are doing are and learn to counter for easy wins.

Top Bottom