• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive Dimensions |OT| Setting your age to 99 does nothing!

Manmedaz

Nemesis556 said:
Tag Challenge Genra.

Fuck him.

Uggh.

Yep, I had to restart like 15 times to get him... But wait till you have to face Raidou and Shiden at the same time... It is just insanely hard !

That being said, with mission 18, mission 20 is the only thing I found to be hard in the game. It's too bad you can't set a level of difficulty for the chronicles mode, for example :/...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Is this beast above me?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Just a couple more rounds Nemesis556. I dont think I can defeat this dude :(.

EDIT: YOU BEAUTIFUL MAN

EatChildren

At the moment we're playing "Nemesis556 unlocks all the characters for EatChildren".

Nemesis_

I just beat Genra and Jelly Kasumi with ease.

tumblr_ll98o2hHYk1qboohq.gif

Wait, I'm not unlocking them? =(

tumblr_lk2tp8BJew1qdgu0s.gif

Manmedaz

Mission 20 over !
Raidou get !

Now to find out how to get the other character I have left - maybe in survival mode ?

EatChildren

My connect piked. And with it piking, im going to pike too. Gots stuff to do. Thanks for the games Nemesis! Thank you for carrying my load. All of my load. Everywhere. Load everywhere.

BDGAME

Comparing the graphics with DOA 3 for xbox, How the 3DS game look like?
The characters are well done? The scenarios are big and detailed? Has much aliasing?

Master Milk said:
Don't some of the guys regularly get sexy outfits too? Like going shirtless and stuff?

I specifically remember Ein's red pants and chain bracelets swinging around everywhere.
Eliot had that one costume...

people used to yell at me when i wore it online.

BDGAME said:
The characters are well done? The scenarios are big and detailed? Has much aliasing?
I thought we already established that this doesn't compare to DoA3 graphically? Then again I don't know how it looks on an actual 3DS but on the vids there was no comparison at all.

Nemesis_

Tricky I Shadow said:
How the hell are some of you Aussies playing this already? Doesn’t it come out on the 26th? [/jealous]

=]

So you have to beat Chronicles mode, THEN the Tag Challenges to unlock the characters. That means that I have to beat the Genra trial again. Fuck my life.

Unlocked Jelly Kasumi and Raidou without problem. Trial 20 was easier without a human partner. >_>

Kind of impressed with the package, but Chronicle Mode is incredibly lazy, at least the whole last three quarters are.

BDGAME said:

It's not really that good compared to them. The models are nice but not as detailed, there's some noticeable blurry textures in both the environments and the backgrounds. I wouldn't put it above DOA3 or DOA4, but thanks to this artistic direction I feel it doesn't look all that bad at all.

It's nice to see the whole thing running in 60fps in 2D, though, especially when some of the backgrounds are visibly animated. However, it's very telling that the backgrounds in the original games that had heaps of moving areas (Dinosaur Island etc) are not included in Dimensions. I imagine these are too hard to port over without drops in framerate.

There's noticeable aliasing in both 3D and 2D. The 3D isn't immensely pronounced either.

BDGAME

Nemesis556 said:
=]
It's not really that good compared to them. The models are nice but not as detailed, there's some noticeable blurry textures in both the environments and the backgrounds. I wouldn't put it above DOA3 or DOA4, but thanks to this artistic direction I feel it doesn't look all that bad at all.

It's nice to see the whole thing running in 60fps in 2D, though, especially when some of the backgrounds are visibly animated. However, it's very telling that the backgrounds in the original games that had heaps of moving areas (Dinosaur Island etc) are not included in Dimensions. I imagine these are too hard to port over without drops in framerate.

There's noticeable aliasing in both 3D and 2D. The 3D isn't immensely pronounced either.

Tanks. I want to buy it. But I want a game with a good graphics, at least as good as Tekken 6, but with some nice effects that show a little of the 3DS strength. I was hopping that DoA can be this game.

Nemesis_

I don't really know what to feel about it to be honest.

The graphics aren't bad, man they're miles ahead of the Nintendo DS of course. I think they might be a little bit above PS2 level but it's hard to say properly. I'm terrible at comparisons because I'm so forgiving.

It's not as nice looking as Tekken 6 though.

Manmedaz

Ok, only two more characters to unlock, Shiden and Jelly Kasumi. I really don't know what to do to get them as I've finished everything in the game, so I guess I'll just continue playing. If any of you have a clue about how to get them, I'm listening :p. (After finishing which mission did you unlock Jelly Kasumi, Nemesis ?)

Nemesis_

Manmedaz said:
Ok, only two more characters to unlock, Shiden and Jelly Kasumi. I really don't know what to do to get them as I've finished everything in the game, so I guess I'll just continue playing. If any of you have a clue about how to get them, I'm listening :p. (After finishing which mission did you unlock Jelly Kasumi, Nemesis ?)

Who have you unlocked?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
From The Dust said:
this one?

800px-DOA4_Eliot_5.jpg

Using this outfit you could troll the shit out of homophobic Xbox live kiddies. I never played Elliot much, but I accidentally picked this costume one time, and OMG did the verbal hate kick up ten notches.

EatChildren

Manmedaz said:

You should have got them from their final tag battle fights.

Nemesis_

Manmedaz said:
Alpha, Raidou and Tengu.

I don't think Shiden is unlockable?

Raidou - Complete Tag Challenge 20
Jelly - Complete Tag Challenge 19
Kasumi Alpha - Complete Arcade Course #2

I've yet to unlock Genra and Tengu. How did you unlock them? I only have two spots left on my roster.

I completed the Challenges before beating Chronicles mode, and didn't unlock ANYONE. I then completed chronicles mode and did the Challenges AGAIN before they unlocked.

Manmedaz

Nemesis556 said:

Raidou - Complete Tag Challenge 20
Jelly - Complete Tag Challenge 19
Kasumi Alpha - Complete Arcade Course #2

I've yet to unlock Genra and Tengu. How did you unlock them? I only have two spots left on my roster.

I completed the Challenges before beating Chronicles mode, and didn't unlock ANYONE. I then completed chronicles mode and did the Challenges AGAIN before they unlocked.

Oh ok. I got Tengu after finishing the arcade mode with Helena as I was unlocking her third costume (couse 1 I think, I guess it doesn't really matter). I was quite surprised to unlock him x).

Thanks for the help about Jelly and (possibly) Genra.

Edit : Got Jelly, now trying to get Genra x).

Edit 2 : YAY, got them all ! Mission 18 did the trick for Genra :D. Also, Alpha 152 + Raidou = beat the shit out of Genra :p.

Nemesis_

f@luS said:
it seems its different ways to unlock

i got tengu by beating him in tag challenge 17

I didn't even THINK to do this now that I've finished Chronicles mode, even when I did it for Jelly and Raidou. =P Trying now

Yup, it worked

EatChildren

I got all but the boss characters by beating all the Arcade modes first. Then, playing through tag battle with Nemesis, I unlocked the boss characters as we beat their final challanges.

Manmedaz

Nemesis556 said:
Tips for beating Genra? Jelly+Raidou is not working so well =/

Well I don't know, I was controling Jelly and she is super effective. What you have to pay attention to is the distance. You have to stay in contact with Genra otherwise he'll spam you with fireballs and stuff. I don't know what more to say, that was basically my strategy.

As for Mission 20, it is the opposite. Try to stay for from them as much as possible, as they'll crush you if the grab you. I had Leon and AI was Ayane when I beat it, but I had to retry somewhere between 30 and 40 times, if not more x).

EatChildren

Mission 20 is utter bullshit. The grab is some fucked up "its all over" shit.

RpgN

Got the new Ayane costume through spotpass, it's okay but Kasumi's was better.

Some of you guys are going quickly through the game, I'm taking things slowly here. Today I've been only messing with Training mode and funny enough, you get figures for doing that as well! I dunno way, but I like jumping to Training mode and make the AI's level challenging.

Oh yeah, also tag mode once.

Nemesis_

RpgN said:
Got the new Ayane costume through spotpass, it's okay but Kasumi's was better.

Some of you guys are going quickly through the game, I'm taking things slowly here. Today I've been only messing with Training mode and funny enough, you get figures for doing that as well! I dunno way, but I like jumping to Training mode and make the AI's level challenging.

Oh yeah, also tag mode once.

I dunno, there's not HEAPS of content to get through really. I think Chronicles mode took me about three hours to complete in it's entirety.

A bit disappointed with how that turned out too, since it's basically rehashes of all the contextual pre-fight sequences from all the games.

Still nice to see they re-did the voices in English, though. But yeah.

And I miss Aerosmith =( Haha

RpgN

Nemesis556 said:
I dunno, there's not HEAPS of content to get through really. I think Chronicles mode took me about three hours to complete in it's entirety.

A bit disappointed with how that turned out too, since it's basically rehashes of all the contextual pre-fight sequences from all the games.

Still nice to see they re-did the voices in English, though. But yeah.

And I miss Aerosmith =( Haha

I was surprised about Tagmode and Arcade mode having missions or something along those lines, but they're still just fighting in the same way, right? And did you get most stuff? (figures, costumes etc)

I recognized most those stages but somehow they still look different and fresh, it might be because the graphics are worse in comparison :p

About Chronicles Mode, I'm pretty impressed with the way they handled things (still in chapter 2 so far). In the past you play Arcade mode and see a FMV of each character telling their 'story', but most of them are really silly and unnecessary. Some of them don't have a real reason for being there, with Chronicles mode it's good that they put mostly focus on characters that are part of the main story.

Nemesis_

RpgN said:
I was surprised about Tagmode and Arcade mode having missions or something along those lines, but they're still just fighting in the same way, right? And did you get most stuff? (figures, costumes etc)

I recognized most those stages but somehow they still look different and fresh, it might be because the graphics are worse in comparison :p

About Chronicles Mode, I'm pretty impressed with the way they handled things (still in chapter 2 so far). In the past you play Arcade mode and see a FMV of each character telling their 'story', but most of them are really silly and unnecessary. Some of them don't have a real reason for being there, with Chronicles mode it's good that they put mostly focus on characters that are part of the main story.

You do realise it's a re-tread of the old games, right? Nothing new was created for these sequences. The scene in Chapter 2 where Helena confronts Ayane is actually meant to take place in a theatre, not in the tree map that they made it take place in.

For the average person, this is a well constructed story mode akin to, for example, Mortal Kombat. For any fan of the series, this is a bit of a cheap rehash of already existing assets.

The game is good and still fun, despite it's flaws and dumming down since the already dummed down DoA4, but I personally, as a semi fan, was a little bit let down with what was promised and what we actually got in Chronicles mode.

RpgN

Nemesis556 said:
You do realise it's a re-tread of the old games, right? Nothing new was created for these sequences. The scene in Chapter 2 where Helena confronts Ayane is actually meant to take place in a theatre, not in the tree map that they made it take place in.

For the average person, this is a well constructed story mode akin to, for example, Mortal Kombat. For any fan of the series, this is a bit of a cheap rehash of already existing assets.

The game is good and still fun, despite it's flaws and dumming down since the already dummed down DoA4, but I personally, as a semi fan, was a little bit let down with what was promised and what we actually got in Chronicles mode.

Oh definitely, I played DoA2 (Ps2 and Ultimate on Xbox1) and 3 to death. 4 to a lesser extend because I didn't really like it. 1 just for a tiny bit on Ps1 and Xbox 1. I just think everything is more tied together and makes more sense now. In the past I'd be like, why does Hayate pretend like he doesn't know his own sister? I was very surprised why there was a Kasumi clone. Why Helena keeps saying someone killed her mother and those things along those lines. Without looking too much into it besides playing the game and reading the booklet. Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention, but some things felt very vague in the past.

louie

DR2K said:

Can I just write out the move notations? It took me much too long to record this series of moves from Gen Fu that results in the opponent dying.

Nemesis556 said:

Apparently this is the method (I haven't unlocked all characters yet so I can say if this works or not):

Credit to Leifang2000 on Doacentral. said:
When you have unlocked other character slot, all 25 characters playable,
1) Go to the Random slot in character select screen ("?")
2) Press and Hold L+X, then press A (Shiden Costume 1)
Press and Hold R+X, then press A (Shiden Costume 2
Press and Hold L+R+X, then press A (Shiden Costume 3)

louie said:
Can I just write out the move notations? It took me much too long to record this Gen Fu death combo.
That's not a "combo." A combo gets you guaranteed damage and a full combo, like you're referring to, would be a combo that your opponent would be unable to escape from and result in death. You can break out of every single part of that "combo."

Top Bottom