• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive Dimensions |OT| Setting your age to 99 does nothing!

grap3fruitman said:
This is $29.99 at Toys R Us this week.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11532606

TnUZ4.png

Credit to the CheapAssGamer forums.

Been a long ass time since I bought something from TRU. Time to make my return

Ninja Dom

So what is the long term Single Player mode that everyone plays? All of the single player modes seem like unrelated Challenge modes.

What Single player mode should I focus on to get my skills better?

Manmedaz

boris feinbrand said:
Like defeating one hit kill opponents with an AI partner that couldn't pick his nose without a signpost leading him to it.

You just have to persevere. It's easier with a human being, so if you need help, you can add me and I'll try my best at your side :D (check your pm for my friend code).

I'm off to eat, but I'll be available in about half an hour if you still need me :D.

Manmedaz said:
You just have to persevere. It's easier with a human being, so if you need help, you can add me and I'll try my best at your side :D (check your pm for my friend code).

I'm off to eat, but I'll be available in about half an hour if you still need me :D.

You can play the challenges online? I thought it was only offline. Will add you right away. I can't play today anymore, but I'm sure we can arrange another time. Thanks a lot.

Manmedaz

boris feinbrand said:
You can play the challenges online? I thought it was only offline. Will add you right away. I can't play today anymore, but I'm sure we can arrange another time. Thanks a lot.

Yes you can with friends. I added you, send me a mail anytime you want to try again, I'll let you know if I'm available (pm again).

[Nintex]

Woah this game is quite impressive and the story actually makes sense now. In any case it's cool to see that one of the games(DOA4) that got me into the Xbox 360 and HD gaming is now recreated on a handheld. The 3D effect outside of the cutscenes is quite worthless to say the least because the framerate takes a hit so I'm playing without 3D but it's still awesome.

Manmedaz

Skilletor said:
When you are hit against a wall, can you counter out of the stun?

As long as you have your feet on the ground, you can counter. That being said, after a second hit on a wall, you become invicible until you're back on your feet.

Skilletor

Manmedaz said:
As long as you have your feet on the ground, you can counter. That being said, after a second hit on a wall, you become invicible until you're back on your feet.

Just wondering if it was like DoA3 or DoA4.

Sounds like DoA4. :(

Skilletor said:
Sounds like DoA4. :(
Yeah. =(

Hopefully he's wrong but, given all the other stuff that carried over from DOA4, I doubt he's wrong. I'll only be disappointed if I hope for this to be a good game.

radiantdreamer said:
If I stopped playing DOA after 3, and didn't really like the feel of 4, will I like this?
No. In terms of gameplay, this is a portable DOA4 with more stuns and a three-point hold.

Bankoiia

Just got the game, seems pretty solid. I hope there will be a second chance offer on those SpotPass costumes as I've already missed quite a few.

And speaking of SpotPass, should I just keep my DS in sleep mode to receive data?

How does SpotPass work exactly for this game?

And are the costumes that you get via SpotPass exclusive or will they all end up being unlockable anyway?

Also.....does anyone know if you can tell when you download a costume if it's a SpotPass exclusive or not?

RpgN

Bankoiia said:
Just got the game, seems pretty solid. I hope there will be a second chance offer on those SpotPass costumes as I've already missed quite a few.

And speaking of SpotPass, should I just keep my DS in sleep mode to receive data?

There will be a second chance somewhere around June, don't worry!

Yeah, keep it in sleep mode but not all day. It can take a couple of seconds-minutes and then you can turn it off for the day, you get only one costume a day so far.

Tricky I Shadow said:
How does SpotPass work exactly for this game?And are the costumes that you get via SpotPass exclusive or will they all end up being unlockable anyway?Also.....does anyone know if you can tell when you download a costume if it's a SpotPass exclusive or not?

1. You have a DoAD save. You go on sleepmode, your 3DS will automatically DL a costume, you turn the 3DS on and you see a blue dot near the game icon. You start the game up and then it saves the costume on your SD card. I heard you don't need to have the game on your 3DS to do that but I'm keeping my card there just in case.

2. As far as I know, you don't get them in the game and they're exclusive but I'm not sure. And who knows what they have in the future planned, maybe a special version later on with all the costumes and throwdown challenges from SpotPass included.

3. Your DLed SpotPass content is added with all the other costumes, when you select a SpotPass costume, it's called download costume 01 or something along those lines. Normal costumes are just costume 01 etc.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Yeah, the costume updates are a really good example of 3DS DLC done right. You dont have to do anything except have the game set to using streetpass/spotpass or whatever, and then boot the game to save. The download process is done behind the scenes and automatically.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Tricky I Shadow said:
When do the SpotPass downloads begin and end for Australia?

This is another thing. They began the day after I got the game, so they'll have been running for ~week before it's actually on shelves. I'm running the AU copy on an AU 3DS, so people who boot up are going to have missed out on a bunch, unless I'm missing something.

I'm not sure why our live date was so early. Coinciding with the EU PAL date?

EatChildren said:
This is another thing. They began the day after I got the game, so they'll have been running for ~week before it's actually on shelves. I'm running the AU copy on an AU 3DS, so people who boot up are going to have missed out on a bunch, unless I'm missing something.

Probably yeah. But they are going to do the download again sometime later this year.

EatChildren said:

I did some research and it seems we don’t miss out on anything as it starts in Australia on May 27th – June 29th.

RpgN

You can still DL the next 3 costumes starting today if you have the same dates as EU.

Tricky I Shadow said:
Cool! Thanks a lot for clearing that up RpgN.

You're welcome :)

Nemesis556 said:
That's still a little ridiculous, unless they will all be available once the eShop launches anyway?

You can DL all of them again somewhere in June. I don't know if there will be other chanes after June though.

Tricky I Shadow said:
I did some research and it seems we don?t miss out on anything as it starts in Australia on May 27th ? June 29th.

That sounds weird, we only have schedule for 7 costumes and one showdown challenge for EU and US. It does mention that some of the 34 are not exclusive on SpotPass. Is this legid?

EatChildren

Reading the post, I think they're wrong. They say they start 'next Friday', but they actually started that Friday.

One more question – say my 3DS is in Sleep Mode and I don’t touch it for three days, do the costumes stack or will I lose the first two?

I don’t wanna have to boot up the game and save every single day, I might not be able to get to my 3DS. So, yeah........anyone know?

Manmedaz

Tricky I Shadow said:
One more question – say my 3DS is in Sleep Mode and I don’t touch it for three days, do the costumes stack or will I lose the first two?

I don’t wanna have to boot up the game and save every single day, I might not be able to get to my 3DS. So, yeah........anyone know?

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure it will stack, as it already does for streetpass in general. I got 2 spotpass content once (for two different games though, but still), and I had no problem. Also, regarding the dates of availability of spotpass content :
http://teamninja-studio.com/doadimensions/eu/dlc.html

Ninja Dom

I can't remember if I got the first Throwdown challenge.

I think I remember fighting Kasumi in Throwdown challenge and winning but the fight but the game was all new to me when I did it on Fri 21st.

Who can remember what the reward was??

Also to get Samus to appear, complete all Arcade Mode challenges, select Free Play and choose the Geothermal Power Plant and blow into the mic at the start of the fight.

I also know a fairly simple way to beat Tag Challenge number 20.

Nemesis_

Ninja Dom said:
I can't remember if I got the first Throwdown challenge.

I think I remember fighting Kasumi in Throwdown challenge and winning but the fight but the game was all new to me when I did it on Fri 21st.

Who can remember what the reward was??

Also to get Samus to appear, complete all Arcade Mode challenges, select Free Play and choose the Geothermal Power Plant and blow into the mic at the start of the fight.

I also know a fairly simple way to beat Tag Challenge number 20.

I discovered a simple way after beating it (and taking like almost an hour to do so).

Ryu?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-24-dead-or-alive-dimensions-review

eurogamer 8/10

"the best handheld fighting game ever made", apparently. i like SSFIV better than this, but that's just because i like street fighter a lot and have never really played DOA seriously. as a package, you could definitely make that argument.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
345triangle said:

eurogamer 8/10

"the best handheld fighting game ever made", apparently. i like SSFIV better than this, but that's just because i like street fighter a lot and have never really played DOA seriously. as a package, you could definitely make that argument.

I think that SSF4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DOA4 in general (in terms of depth and game play), but I could still go with that bold claim if DOA Dimensions has overall better online play than SSF4 3D Edition. DOA also has the obvious "advantage" of not needing to use as many buttons.

Skilletor

louie said:
It's infuriating how much damage defensive holds do in this game. My god.

Yeah, damage in this game has always been horrid. I think the competitive scene plays on largest life.

345triangle said:

eurogamer 8/10

If you ignore:

Darkstalkers
Tekken 6
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Soul Calibur Broken Destiny

All on psp.

Ignoring SSF4's pretty good port.

And I fucking LOVE DoA. That's just a ridiculous comment.

I just received mine. Can't wait to dig in. :)

Wasn't going to pick this up but my desperation for new 3DS content did me in. It's great so far. I'm not a huge DOA fan but I can see this holding me over until Zelda.

Chorazin

Scored my copy at TRU, the $10 wasn't displayed anywhere but it came off automatically at the register, no muss no fuss. Set up my options and went into training, didn't have much time to play before lunch was over. Game looks great!

I love how it uses PlayCoins too! Tap the ! on the menu screen and it'll ask "Do you want to use 10 PlayCoins to receive a present?" each time you'll get either a new costume or three figurines!

Chorazin said:
Scored my copy at TRU, the $10 wasn't displayed anywhere but it came off automatically at the register, no muss no fuss. Set up my options and went into training, didn't have much time to play before lunch was over. Game looks great!

I love how it uses PlayCoins too! Tap the ! on the menu screen and it'll ask "Do you want to use 10 PlayCoins to receive a present?" each time you'll get either a new costume or three figurines!
ah good. i just finished unlocking everything in street pass plaza yesterday. nice to have something to spend those coins on still.

Chorazin

plagiarize said:
ah good. i just finished unlocking everything in street pass plaza yesterday. nice to have something to spend those coins on still.

I had 136 just laying around, so I blew them all to get a nice early figure collection and some costumes for people I haven't even unlocked yet!

Top Bottom