• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 2 |OT|: He knows his way around a zombie or two.

panda21

is there anything that carries over from case zero other than XP or whatever it is?

not sure if i should just play the game or go back and finish (well more like start) case zero first :S

KePoW

Banned
bluedeviltron said:
Possible solution to the audio issue:

GameFAQs post and response:
Think I fixed it. On the bottom right right click on your speaker and click "Adjust Audio Properties". Under the "Volume" tab in the Speaker Settings , select Advanced. And on this window use the drop down near the bottom and change into a 5.1 surround sound. Since I had it on 2 speakers (which I have) but after doing this change the sound is much better.

interesting... i bet changing it to 5.1 allows the windows audio subsystem to handle the downmixing, whereas selecting "two speakers" in-game does nothing more than just throw out all the channels except FL and FR (which is fing stupid but typical for a port)... ill try it tonight...

Won't be able to try it out myself until tonight, but it sounds right on.

Thanks for the post, will definitely try this tonight. The audio was really bugging me.

Good thing the game totally kicks ass!

TheFreshPrince

Just fought my first Psychopath and was surprised to find I could run away and go get more items...come back and his health was still depleted.

Is this the case with every Psychopath? Seems to make them infinitely easier if so...

Oreoleo

panda21 said:
is there anything that carries over from case zero other than XP or whatever it is?

not sure if i should just play the game or go back and finish (well more like start) case zero first :S
If nothing else it fleshes out the Chuck Green character better. Definitely worth cracking through first IMO.

Here are some hypothetical situations:

can you save all survivors in one play through?

can you save all survivors and beat the case files in one play through?

also found fun combos
wheel chair + battery
100 pp per kill
leaf blower + parasol
so much fun, doesn't last that long though

Crazymoogle said:
So far DR2 is everything I want out of a sequel: more of everything I liked from the first game. The world area is huge, and there's a complete onslaught of missions compared to the first game.

With a game like Dead Rising I actually prefer the more of the same formula sequel. The greatest aspect of this series is the exploration and discovery, both in the way cases unfold and the setting. The gameplay only needs minor tweaks.

Before I said I would love more small stand alone games like Case Zero. Thinking about it more, they could do 3 - 4 games the size of CZ and have them each take place in a different environment (and probably with different protagonists). They could show how the zombie outbreak has effected different parts of the country or world. They would work as bridges to the next big sequel, where the character or characters would show up. Maybe even expand the game into 4 different survivors meeting up and dealing with a bigger story, something like the Dead Rising RPG suggested earlier. Although I'm not sure if sacrificing the single player mode is a good idea.

MicVlaD said:
Why is it a bummer? You don't need to complete the story / follow the deadlines if all you want to do is toy with the zombies and explore Fortune City at first.

Yeah, I don't get why people keep saying this. There's a time limit to how long you can play the game ignoring the cases etc, but errm, it's somewhere in the region of six hours plus. Is six hours really too short a period to mess about in? and at the end of it you can just restart the game again with the exact same levels for another six hours of completely unstructured play.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I can't believe those Ninja codes are selling for 15-20 eBay!

They're going to cost 2 bucks when they go on for sale normally.

the chris

robot said:
Ninja codes are going for $15+ on ebay...is the costume a code exclusive or can you find it in the game?

It's code exclusive right now, but I think Capcom is going to have it on both XBL and PSN store in a couple of weeks.

I just did about 20 minutes, went in to a toilet to save and triggered a fucking psychopath. He killed me.

Unexpected and cool? Sure, but it made me lose half an hour of progress and turn off the game. Now I have to worry that going to a save room can get me killed? :|

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Foliorum Viridum said:
I just did about 20 minutes, went in to a toilet to save and triggered a fucking psychopath. He killed me.

Unexpected and cool? Sure, but it made me lose half an hour of progress and turn off the game. Now I have to worry that going to a save room can get me killed? :|

did the same thing with that psycho in the restroom.

Is there a way I can set my waypoint pointer to the safehouse?

Foliorum Viridum said:

I had the same problem,...but then I realised that I could run off, get some health and a new nailbat and beat the living shit out of the crazy SOB. :lol

That's one of the very few Psycho battles that allows you to run off and stock up on health/new weapons. He won't chase you like a certain other Psycho. :x

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Strummerjones said:
Yeah, I don't get why people keep saying this. There's a time limit to how long you can play the game ignoring the cases etc, but errm, it's somewhere in the region of six hours plus. Is six hours really too short a period to mess about in? and at the end of it you can just restart the game again with the exact same levels for another six hours of completely unstructured play.

I said what I said because I wasn't aware of this. I'll definitely pick it up now. I figured there'd be time limits from the get go and that if you weren't focusing on the missions the game would end shortly.

Speedymanic said:
I had the same problem,...but then I realised that I could run off, get some health and a new nailbat and beat the living shit out of the crazy SOB. :lol

That's one of the very few Psycho battles that allows you to run off and stock up on health/new weapons. He won't chase you like a certain other Psycho. :x
Except I had two survivors with me who were getting the beating until I stepped in and didn't want to lose them. :(

Is there a way to remove clothes without being in a shop?

I found a filter mask, now want to take it off (it's clipping with my new helmet), but can't remember where I got it. :/

Chairhome

lastplayed said:

I found a filter mask, now want to take it off (it's clipping with my new helmet), but can't remember where I got it. :/
Try going to the lockers in the bathroom in the safehouse.

Foliorum Viridum said:
Except I had two survivors with me who were getting the beating until I stepped in and didn't want to lose them. :(

Give them weapons, nearly all the survivors are much more capable and make Psycho encounters all the more easier when you give them a weapon. Give them a ranged weapons (handgun, shotty, LMG, assault rifle), sit back and watch the ass-kicking they hand out. :lol

NinjaKixx

Banned
lastplayed said:

Safe room locker?

NinjaKixx said:
Safe room locker?

Yeah, that's the only place I found that completely resets clothing. After you start to stack stuff in the stores you can't reset to default. I got a gray Fortune City t-shirt that I'm clinging to for dear life cause I forgot where I found it. :lol

quickwhips

Rickard said:
Any body else having problems with their 360 turning itself off?

My xbox did this last night with halo when i first put the disc in. Not sure what it meant. but its been running fine since then.

Animator said:
So gaf what is the verdict? Should I buy this on pc or rent on ps3?

What did you think of the original Dead Rising? If you loved it and replayed it a few times, it's more of the same with some good fixes here and there, so you might want to own it. If you have a good PC then you might as well buy it.

Speedymanic said:
Give them weapons, nearly all the survivors are much more capable and make Psycho encounters all the more easier when you give them a weapon. Give them a ranged weapons (handgun, shotty, LMG, assault rifle), sit back and watch the ass-kicking they hand out. :lol
I had one nail baseball bat and some dynamite. That's why I was going to fucking save in the first place! :lol

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
You know what sucks ass? I really wish i could store some of the clothes i find in the lockers in the safehouse. That would have been so easy to implement, too. Damn it Blue Castle! Previous praise revoked!

Ricker

Am I missing something or is the arrow marker completly useless besides showing you the big red question mark?...it points in front of me,I go that way,I look at the map and i`m going the wrong way...navigating towards those objective will be hard ,I pull the map every 15 seconds to make sure i`m going the right way...also there`s nothing you can decide when you level up right? like put some points in his speed for example...?

Won

Noooo, some random guy I never met just died! :(

Really enjoying this so far. Loved the first one and was sceptical, but it looks like they followed up properly.

I've found if you give the survivor a weapon and just run to the end of the room constantly mashing the call button, they'll make it a few feet behind you the entire way.

Even if they get caught, if you're not looking at them, they somehow break free.

The only hard part is waiting for them to be in sight when you're already at the door.

see5harp

Some survivors won't take weapons, or they don't in my case. I couldn't figure out of they just wouldn't take weapons, or whether they were specific in what they wanted to use. Most of the time, however, it's pretty easy to just have them run behind you. Haven't used any survivors to fight psychopaths yet.

see5harp said:
Some survivors won't take weapons, or they don't in my case. I couldn't figure out of they just wouldn't take weapons, or whether they were specific in what they wanted to use. Most of the time, however, it's pretty easy to just have them run behind you. Haven't used any survivors to fight psychopaths yet.

Some odd ball things like cactus, or other odd things/too big items they won't take. But most will take a blunt object or so. Just try giving them something else. I love when I get a wheelchair and they sit in the chair! lol

TheExodu5

Banned
Not a huge fan of the pc controls. There's a speed limiter on mouse aiming that makes it feel kind of shitty.

Serviceable controls, but nothing great.

In general, they dont take combo weapons. They tend to not take goofy oddball weapons either. They'll take any firearm, sword, baseball bat (nail-less), etc... Some survivors, the ones that are hurt, limping and so on, wont take any weapon. Then there are some special cases. Eg: golf lady wont use anything but her golf club.

daycru

So I just beat the
chef
. I untied the woman but she won't go with me until I find Vasper. I'm running around the food court, hearing a man yelling about how this the "worst vacation ever" and how "he can't do it by himself", but cannot find him. Have been in every restaurant.

Spruchy

I don't know if I should play the PC or 360 version, 360 is on a 120'' projector but the loading times are so dreadful when compared to PC (even when installed). Either way fun stuff.

Top Bottom