• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 2 |OT|: He knows his way around a zombie or two.

Flunkie

Banned
NIN90 said:
The sports store right where the save house is, yeah. Protip: There's a bowie knife on top of the magazine stand (which is right across the sports store) for easy wolverine claws everytime you leave the safe room. :p
Playing with you, even for that little amount of time, will help me more than anything ever could. I started out on the right foot. :p

Sorry I just kind of dipped on you, though. My girlfriend wanted to eat, and I tried to go as long as I could without creating any conflict. :p We'll have to get together again sometime soon.

Vamphuntr

WEGGLES said:
Fuck this game

Zombrex Location spoilers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6NCfxmtCmc

How are you supposed to find any of those under a time limit? :|

"I only have 10 minutes to find Zombrex and get to Katy, better climb all over the lights"

:I

The pawnshop always have Zombrex for sale you know at 25 000$ a pop... To get money quickly play the TIR and smash atms.

Didn't have time to play much. Picked the game up yesterday afternoon between classes. Played a now and made it to case 2-1. Haven't seen a boss yet...

Plasma

Banned
JADS said:
Untitled_3.jpg

What is that extermination mode?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
fuuuck this game. Timer ran out in the middle of the when I'm chasing the guy in 2-2 on the
train
. BS

JWong

Banned
No autosave just killed the game for me.

Wasted so much time getting up to one mission where a a dozen guys have assault rifles shooting at me.

Impressed as all hell with this game. It's absolutely gorgeous on PC.

Also, switching your speakers to 5.1 (even if they're stereo) seems to fix the audio issues. I have no idea how so many people are just as content as can be with layers upon layers of audio missing.

Animator

I wish this game supported steam instead of the pos games for windows live bullshit. Aside from that it runs great. I am running it max res on my 30" monitor and it looks awesome with no slowdowns.

WEGGLES

Vamphuntr said:
The pawnshop always have Zombrex for sale you know at 25 000$ a pop... To get money quickly play the TIR and smash atms.

Didn't have time to play much. Picked the game up yesterday afternoon between classes. Played a now and made it to case 2-1. Haven't seen a boss yet...
I don't have $25k though.

And I tried the one where you jump on lights. The platforming in this game is atrocious. Holy moley. Went to a different one.

Animator

Fusebox said:
Are you PC players using the Xbox controller or Mouse and Keyboard?

I am using mouse keyboard. It is perfectly playable that way but I can see it being more fun with controller. Not gonna spend 50$ on a wired xbox controller for one game though.

WEGGLES

Animator said:
I am using mouse keyboard. It is perfectly playable that way but I can see it being more fun with controller. Not gonna spend 50$ on a wired xbox controller for one game though.
Pretty much the same. Controls rather well.

Other than more than once I've drank OJ at full health dismissing a message :lol

KePoW

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
I have an i5 750 with 4GB of RAM and a GTX260. Anyone have it on a comparable system? If so, how does it perform?

I have an i5-750, 8GB RAM, and a GTX 275.

I play at 1920x1080, 4x AA, everything maxed except for Blur Off (just because I personally don't like the effect)... runs fine, 40-60+ fps.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Question about 2-2:
I am pretty strapped for time, I was chasing the train for a little bit and the case ran out of time. If I quickly ramp on the train, will that stop the case from running out?

eek5

WEGGLES said:

And I tried the one where you jump on lights. The platforming in this game is atrocious. Holy moley. Went to a different one.
Yeah I had trouble with that at first too. You have to square up to the lights and he should ledge grab if your jump is too short.

Zeliard

Fusebox said:
Are you PC players using the Xbox controller or Mouse and Keyboard?

Keyboard/mouse here, and I have a 360 controller. I think it controls just fine and navigating the zombie mazes is perhaps even more manageable with a digital input. I'm like Barry Sanders out there with WASD.

Game's pretty fun, I'm enjoying it quite a bit more than the first.

eek5

Papercuts said:
Question about 2-2:
I am pretty strapped for time, I was chasing the train for a little bit and the case ran out of time. If I quickly ramp on the train, will that stop the case from running out?
Yes you should be able to get on the train on the first ramp. My strategy was to hug the left side (avoid hitting the platform) then hit the first ramp on the left to get onto the train.
I also finished with a couple minutes left :lol

I have to say, this game is amazing. I am a dr1 lover and apologist and thought I'd be disappointed, but it's exceeded all of my expectations. Coop is so ace.

WEGGLES

eek5 said:
Yeah I had trouble with that at first too. You have to square up to the lights and he should ledge grab if your jump is too short.
So it doesn't matter how close you are, but the angle of approach? :lol

Animator said:

Do you have a wireless 360 controller? I found a work around for it and it works just dandy.

Edit: The solution is on the Steam forums. Hey-oooo!

robot

WEGGLES said:

Playing one game of online tlr will get you anywhere from 40-80k. It takes around 10 minutes a game.

Also Zombrex goes up 25k each time you buy it (25, 50, 75), not sure if it's because I keep buying it from the same Pawn shop though.

eek5

WEGGLES said:
So it doesn't matter how close you are, but the angle of approach? :lol
pretty much.. he doesn't ledge grab if you're at the wrong angle

i think the ledge grab is automatic so they probably did that to avoid weird problems with you grabbing onto stuff you didn't intend to. it's really only a problem in that section though, i never felt like i couldn't get where i wanted to go anywhere else

robot said:
Playing one game of online tlr will get you anywhere from 40-80k. It takes around 10 minutes a game.

Also Zombrex goes up 25k each time you buy it (25, 50, 75), not sure if it's because I keep buying it from the same Pawn shop though.
I won 100,000 and 25,000 by spending about 5k on the large slot machine, so that's a pretty quick way to make money (I'm assuming I was really lucky on the 100k win though :D)

see5harp

elrechazao said:
I won 100,000 and 25,000 by spending about 5k on the large slot machine, so that's a pretty quick way to make money (I'm assuming I was really lucky on the 100k win though :D)

That's gotta be the damn jackpot. That's awesome though.

eek5

robot said:

I believe it tops out at 198k. I'm not 100% sure because I tested it when I had a 10% off pawn shop magazine

Salsa

Couple of problems with the PC version:

1- Audio is REALLY low, and what's weird is that it happens randomly, in a cutscene, in a particular area, etc :/

2- Im getting horribly pixelated shadows, bearable in-game but makes cutscenes look horrible. (9600GT 512ddr3)

pics:

0h9cj.jpg

Id7ej.jpg

any ideas ?

Question to those of you who completed Overtime.

I'm in the research lab looking for a case of queens but that indicator is going haywire. What should I be looking for in here?

spons

Gold Member
Jeff Stephen said:
Question to those of you who completed Overtime.

I'm in the research lab looking for a case of queens but that indicator is going haywire. What should I be looking for in here?
Should be on a platform alongside a wall, go up the stairs and follow the way.

Jenga

Banned
beat the game

got ending S. out of curiosity I checked out ending A and that was fucking retarded

how the fuck does zombie TK know how to use an elevator? and how is chuck incapable of fighting a single zombie off? :lol

WEGGLES

Jenga said:
beat the game

got ending S. out of curiosity I checked out ending A and that was fucking retarded

how the fuck does zombie TK know how to use an elevator? and how is chuck incapable of fighting a single zombie off? :lol
Caught this before you fixed the spoiler tag. FFFFFFFFF

...well not really. I don't play for the story :lol

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Goddamn! With all the things I can do, I find myself ignoring all the other quests so that I can give Katey her Zombrex.

Don't worry kiddo! Daddy will be there soon with your medicine! *revs up chainsaw battle oar*

Chaaarge!

Chairhome

SalsaShark said:
Couple of problems with the PC version:

1- Audio is REALLY low, and what's weird is that it happens randomly, in a cutscene, in a particular area, etc :/

2- Im getting horribly pixelated shadows, bearable in-game but makes cutscenes look horrible. (9600GT 512ddr3)

pics:

any ideas ?
1: as stated earlier, change your speaker settings to 5.1 even if you're only using 2 speakers (change in volume properties on your desktop, not in game)
2: I think the consensus is that the shadows do suck.

Fusebox

Banned
Fuuuu....

Downloaded it yesterday. Wouldn't start, missing files.

Redownloaded it, Games for Windows is telling me the data is corrupt.

That's 12GB down the pisser. Any tips for getting this to work??

Ceebs

For people with ATI cards, make sure you have Catalyst AI turned off in the control panel. I went from from 20-30fps on medium settings with a 4870 to a constant 60 with a few minor hitches outside from time to time. (At 1440X900 btw)

WEGGLES

Ceebs said:
For people with ATI cards, make sure you have Catalyst AI turned off in the control panel. I went from from 20-30fps on medium settings with a 4870 to a constant 60 with a few minor hitches outside from time to time. (At 1440X900 btw)
Is that ingame? In Catalyst Control Centre? or Control Panel?

Volcynika

WEGGLES said:
I'm down.

steam is weggles
gamertag is WEGGLES

my game or yours?

I guess yours or something. I'm at Ticket to Ride with zero psychos done, not sure of your progress.

Steam is Volcynika
GFWL is Volcynikal

Unless I work super late tomorrow I should be around in the evening (I'm in US, CST)

Lothars

Fusebox said:
Fuuuu....

Downloaded it yesterday. Wouldn't start, missing files.

Redownloaded it, Games for Windows is telling me the data is corrupt.

That's 12GB down the pisser. Any tips for getting this to work??

I would recommend to right click and go to properties than i think it's the last tab which says verify file intergity let it run and it should tell you it fixed some files will redownload the bad ones and than should be fine.

Fusebox

Banned
Thx Lothars, trying it now!

edit - Wow, it found 3 tiny corrupt files and redownloaded them. So much easier than getting the whole thing again. :lol

Top Bottom