• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 2 |OT|: He knows his way around a zombie or two.

Kurtofan

Huggy said:
Can you save anyone in the outbreak sequence at the beginning? I guess not since the combat features don't kick in until after.
Like in the first you can't save the beginning "survivors".

Jaroof

Snuggler said:
Yeah, I mean the reaction in that thread was the result of some poor pre release media, so you can't really blame them. Still, I always love a good underdog story so it's very nice to see this game defy it's negative expectations. As far as I'm concerned, this is the sleeper hit of the year and Blue Castle are the Rocksteady Studios of the year.

Can't stop gushing about this game.
Same here, man.
I can't believe I beat it three times within the first four days O_O
I haven't played a game that much in a looooong time.
And I'm still playing it!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Huggy said:
Can you save anyone in the outbreak sequence at the beginning? I guess not since the combat features don't kick in until after.

Nah, I don't think so. You can't talk to them to get them to follow. It's just a massacre like the early part in DR1 when the zombies first break in.

I need to type faster or refresh more often...

Kurtofan

Snuggler said:
Nah, I don't think so. You can't talk to them to get them to follow. It's just a massacre like the early part in DR1 when the zombies first break in.
At least they didn't die because of a poodle in DR2.

Pooya

Jaroof said:
Same here, man.
I can't believe I beat it three times within the first four days O_O
I haven't played a game that much in a looooong time.
And I'm still playing it!
There is something special about it, I don't know how to explain it, a sense of reward or something when you complete a task or make something new or when exploring shops and you find something new, I dunno, it feels different to me :p, it's a very good feeling while playing it.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Kurtofan said:
At least they didn't die because of a poodle in DR2.

Yeah, that dumb old broad caused all of that mayhem over one ugly ass poodle. I was glad to see her get mauled.

QUESTION: What is the level cap? 50? Cause I'm going for it, I wanna max out everything. I don't know if I'm a bad enough dude to 100% the game, but I'm gonna try dammit.

JADS

Snuggler said:
Yeah, that dumb old broad caused all of that mayhem over one ugly ass poodle. I was glad to see her get mauled.

QUESTION: What is the level cap? 50? Cause I'm going for it, I wanna max out everything. I don't know if I'm a bad enough dude to 100% the game, but I'm gonna try dammit.

Yep, it's 50

Autofokus

Kurtofan said:
Well I got the ten saved achievement just by having ten guys in the safe room,so...
Dunno about the 10 people thing, but you need 61 survivors marked as saved in your notebook for the achievement/trophy. It´s not bugged or anything, you really need exactly 50 survivors rescued manually.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
JADS said:
Yep, it's 50

Cool. I'm at lvl 30 so I'm making some good progress. I'm on playthrough 2, but I still have so much to do and see. I wanna try and do the case files next playthrough but it's so damn hard to stay focused with so many awesome distractions around me. I could spent an entire 72 hour playthrough just running around and jump kicking zombies in the face.

Do curb stomps and jump kicks count towards the kill 1000 zombies with melee achievement? It would suck to do it with punching.

Snuggler said:
Do curb stomps and jump kicks count towards the kill 1000 zombies with melee achievement? It would suck to do it with punching.

Yes. I got it pretty easily this way without even trying as the jump kick's still pretty much as essential as it was in the first game.

elrechazao said:
What's your method?
SUV + Magazine, just driving around seeking out the big groups. Replace the SUV ever 3k or so kills. I'm on target (with a bit to spare) so far. 22k kills down in under 24 hours.

JADS

Sadist said:
Which looter shop sells the SUV keys btw?

The Tinkerbox pawn shop, the northern pawn shop on the Silver strip. It's 2.000.000 :lol

Snuggler said:
Cool. I'm at lvl 30 so I'm making some good progress. I'm on playthrough 2, but I still have so much to do and see. I wanna try and do the case files next playthrough but it's so damn hard to stay focused with so many awesome distractions around me. I could spent an entire 72 hour playthrough just running around and jump kicking zombies in the face.

Hahhah yeah, I have been playing around with some mods and I am feeling the same. There is so much stuff to see and do. I missed a case file on my latest play trough because I was too busy shooting zombies. With a shotgun that shoots saw blades :D

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So what is you guy's favorite outfit?

Personally, I love the coon skin hat with aviator glasses on the head, the go go boots and the nice little summer dress. It looks insane, especially with Chuck's hairy ass legs, I can't help but giggle when I see them in close ups in the cut scenes.

Sadist said:
Damn, I guess I'll need money fast. Don't want to TIR it though.
There is an... ahem... glitch.

Basically you can use co-op to get 12 bargaining books in your inventory. Poor coding means that the books stack until you get a 120% discount... or 400k back for every SUV key you buy (and you can buy an unlimited amount). You can google the method.

Snuggler said:
Not sure what it's called, but mine is a white suit, with a white hat. Classy.

Jaroof

Snuggler said:

Personally, I love the coon skin hat with aviator glasses on the head, the go go boots and the nice little summer dress. It looks insane, especially with Chuck's hairy ass legs, I can't help but giggle when I see them in close ups in the cut scenes.

Either the SWAT outfit or the superhero outfit :)

Owzers

So far i beat two psychos, saved about ten people, and am just above to give Katey her second zombrex shot.

I'm not really liking this game....i'm never in a "fun" zone, always in a scrambled hustle. Psychos are really hard. Combo weapons break just like normal weapons therefore the fun of finding the objects and putting them together is completely taken away. it's a joyless experience that i mostly don't bother with outside of bats + nails and the occassional lightsaber when i kill looters. I also don't have XBL Gold so i can't farm money online making the Zombrex hunt possibly lame down the line.

They did improve survivor a.i. though it seems, though i ran into a psycho with two survivor and he tore them up.

Sounds like you're trying to do everything in one go sillymonkey, which possibly isn't the best idea (As this explains quite well: http://www.capcom-europe.com/blog/2010/09/dead-rising-2-leos-pr0-guide-to-dying/)

Unless you make use of particular weapons and juices you're going to really struggle at low level against the psychos (which are really there for repeat plays). That said, there is a case mission with a very hard fight... but by that point most people at least have some idea of which weapons to use.

elwes

Just a heads up if people are looking to level up fast or (like me) had about five or six levels to go to fifty, there is a glitch that lets you keep your Wingmen (Nectar (OJ+OJ) + Queen) for an insane amount of time as long as you have a shotgun equipped.

I only had two with me and I went from 45 to 50 really fast. Just have to combine a queen with the nectar on any of the workbenches, release the Wingman, then equip the shotty.

I'm not really sure if the shotgun is needed, though, since I unequipped it to carry a survivor back to the safe house and when I got past the semi-cutscene with the survivor thanking me, I still had those damn bees. I want to try and get five wingmen at the same time and see how fast I can clear out a horde. Just having two was insane, especially if you're standing still. They can't keep up very well since they tend to attack any zombie you're near, but if you're talking to a survivor or playing the slots, it seems like a good way to keep zombies off of you.

Being level 50 and knowing where to find items makes psychopaths ridiculously easy. I destroy Antoine in less than 30 seconds, destroyed the Wedding chapel psycho in almost the same amount of time. Every psychopath is my bitch. :D

bubnbob

Banned
sillymonkey321 said:
I also don't have XBL Gold so i can't farm money online making the Zombrex hunt possibly lame down the line.

Hacker + ATM = $10,000 every time... yeah, money is hard to come by

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
bubnbob said:
Hacker + ATM = $10,000 every time... yeah, money is hard to come by
Well to be honest, it was hard to come by seeing as I was always scrambling to get to case files/save survivors/fight psychos. However, I did that to myself because I absolutely loved the white knuckle gaming with the countdown clocks always looming in the corner of my eye.

Now that I'm level 50, everything is a lot easier and I kind of miss it.

Bebpo

Banned
How do you get up to where Jasper is in the food court on the 2nd floor? I don't see any stairs anywhere. I just beat the cook and the girl won't leave until I bring Jasper and I'm kind of short on time since I need to go back to the safe house to give zombrex shot.

elwes

Bebpo said:
How do you get up to where Jasper is in the food court on the 2nd floor? I don't see any stairs anywhere. I just beat the cook and the girl won't leave until I bring Jasper and I'm kind of short on time since I need to go back to the safe house to give zombrex shot.

There are some vending machines to the left of the overhang that he's standing on. Just jump on those then jump up to the overhang.

Suairyu

Banned
15wgkyd.jpg

Bam. First run takes care of the story, so now I can focus on sidequests and general dicking around.

RE: complaints some people had about Overtime's length - I would agree with you, but a sizeable chunk of what comprised Overtime in the first game was sort of included as part of the main campaign anyway. This just made for a leaner and focussed Overtime mode with a much tougher difficulty.

Onward, onward.

Bebpo

Banned
elwes said:
There are some vending machines to the left of the overhang that he's standing on. Just jump on those then jump up to the overhang.

Thanks.

Just started 3-1, my 2nd run is going good so far. Lvl.24 now and I've been able to do all the radio messages up to this point (bosses + survivors). Hopefully I'll be able to finish this game this time without another restart.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Oh man, a Borat swim suit. I haven't seen it yet.

I'm gonna track that down ASAP, it would go well with a servebot mask.

Aselith

JADS said:
The Tinkerbox pawn shop, the northern pawn shop on the Silver strip. It's 2.000.000 :lol

You can get two books called bargaining that will lower the cost to 1.6 million. Still a lot but I would look into those before you buy the SUV key and the Knight boots.

Like I need to be reminded of Amazon's awesomeness...

Hello,

We’re writing to let you know there’s a delay in the delivery of the pre-order codes for the Dead Rising 2 Avatar Outfits.

We know this news is inconvenient and even disheartening to some of you, so we’re providing you with a $10 Video Games credit. We’re still working with Capcom to send the pre-order codes, and we’ll deliver them as soon as possible.

Promotional Certificate Amount: $10.00

We hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

Amazon.com

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Like I need to be reminded of Amazon's awesomeness...

Just got that aswell. <3 Amazon

I tried canceling my Fallout New Vegas order to see if i could stack this credit on top of the one i got for DR2 proper, but i couldnt : (

DSmalls84

Gamer @ Heart said:
Just got that aswell. <3 Amazon

I tried canceling my Fallout New Vegas order to see if i could stack this credit on top of the one i got for DR2 proper, but i couldnt : (

I was able to stack mine to order Medal of Honor. Check your e-mail because my credit was not automatically applied, they give a code to enter at checkout that deducts $10 from the total price.

Sanic

Nearing the very end of the game. Concerned I didn't level up enough to finish the story without wanting to pull my hair out...or at all :/. Let's see how this goes!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
bathala said:
anyone having problem joining online co-op

Yes.

I tried several times last night to find a co-op game on 360, with no luck. It took a long ass time, and once it did find something it would say the host denied me. It sucks, especially since I still haven't got to play co-op yet. : (

Plenty of times. My nephew and I took about 6 tries to get connected earlier, and it eventually took both of us restarting the game before we could.

Teknoman

Well my gamertag is TeknomanEX so if anyone wants to do some general co-op stuff, or anything, add me.

If i'm already on your list, feel free to invite whenever. I'm not that far in the game since I havent had much time to play, but still.

Jubbly

Katey is an ungrateful little madam. Just because the bear has a tear in it she refuses to accept its awesomeness? Should let her turn as punishment...

Top Bottom