• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 2 |OT|: He knows his way around a zombie or two.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Kuraudo said:
Any tips for
beating T.K.?

Made the mistake of giving him zombrex and I'm paying for it by doing his fetch quests followed by an unarmed boss fight D:
If you run around, there are a couple OJ's and weapons such as a pipe wrench, moose helmet etc (watch out for fireworks that spit out of the floors). Go in for a hit or two and dodge away.

To beat
TK

Make sure you heal before going through the door, if you get munched by some zombies and are down to 2 bars of life when you start fighting the boss you will start with 2 bars (not a good idea)

Hit him a few times, when he jumps off the edge run and grab the spotlight/lead pipe and as much food as you can before he gets back.

Keep whacking him with the pipe/spotlight, hit him 2 times then roll away (L3 for PS3), don't bother going for the moose head and food in the fireworks sections, not worth the hassle unless your desperate.

Ignore the crank with the girls on it as its highly unlikely it will get low enough for them to be in trouble *unless* TK kicks it to make it go down fast.

I was level 34 when I beat him.

goMaki

Ben2749 said:
I also hope they patch that damn co-op save bug soon too. I'm trying to help a friend get the 50-survivor achievement, and we're saving after every run back to the safehouse to be on the safe side. It's a pain having to rejoin every time.

If the host has a USB drive, have them use that to save on. My BF and I were having the same problem and we found out that if the host uses the USB instead of the HDD, it doesn't kick the visiting person. Something to do with the HDD causing the the connection to timeout. I ended up transferring my saves to the USB and no problem ever since then.

Revolutionary said:
^ or you can just dropkick him to stun him, beat on him with the wrench, and repeat. Easy.

I think if I do that, he won't want to play with me anymore.

Anyway, regarding the soundtrack, I don't care much for the psychopath music, just as I didn't in the first game. It all sounds like generic rock, metal, and rap to me. All of them are completely interchangeable, as none of them "fit" the theme portrayed by their respective fights. For example, they should have used some kind of western-sounding theme for Seymour (the cowboy psychopath).

Still, at least nothing comes anywhere close to being as bad as the godawful rap that plays when you face the convicts in DR1's central park.

duckroll

Foliorum Viridum said:
Does the end game change depending on if you give
TK
Zombrex or not?

I did, but I assumed he would have done the same if I didn't.

If you didn't, there is no Overtime at all. You get a different ending.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
can't seem to take a screenshot but

ending: A
Survivors: 39
Gifts: 1
Zombies Killed: 2,054
Money: $208,554
PP: 2,066,815
Level: 37

I didn't fight
TK
at the end so I need to go back and
give him Zombrex
I think

dorkimoe

question

where is the
bike trailer, i killed the dude and spawned in the bike trailer, took the bike out and then it exploded, cuz i couldnt find the trailer. where is it located

eek5

dorkimoe said:
question

where is the
bike trailer, i killed the dude and spawned in the bike trailer, took the bike out and then it exploded, cuz i couldnt find the trailer. where is it located
right outside yucatan

see5harp

I had no issues busting the room of horrible poker players without the gambling books, but with the 3 books I was drawing face cards every hand, and half the time they were suited or straight up pairs. Finally got the knight helmet.

see5harp said:
I had no issues busting the room of horrible poker players without the gambling books, but with the 3 books I was drawing face cards every hand, and half the time they were suited or straight up pairs. Finally got the knight helmet.

I didn't know the books effected the poker game hands, I knocked them all out without them anyway :D

So I've only played the game in dribs and drabs, after all I have my Halo rank to think about, but this is all I have to say:

Fuck how hard psychos are in this game. Seriously. The worst is when you stumble on one by accident without benefit of being able to save first and get your ass handed to you.

Other than that I'm enjoying it.

Finally decided to double dip on the PC version... wow. Night and day. Zoning takes less than 5 seconds every time (yes, even Fortune Park which is like 40 seconds on consoles), performance is sex, visuals are significantly improved (but still a little lacking in the texture resolution dept.)... so good.

The only problem I seem to have is with the depth of field in the cutscenes. For some reason, the camera is always focusing on the foreground.. even when there's nothing there! Therefore, people that are obviously the focus of the shot are extremely out of focus and blurry. Is this just me?

dorkimoe

2 more stupid questions

Do you have to keep the magazines in your inventory for them to work? (if so..thats stupid)

How much stuff carries over to your second play through?

kyo_daikun said:
I didn't know the books effected the poker game hands, I knocked them all out without them anyway :D
Me either. I've managed to win it twice though (I do play a fair bit of poker IRL, which helps).

Unrelated, am doing the 72k kills achievement now. \o/

dorkimoe said:
2 more stupid questions

Do you have to keep the magazines in your inventory for them to work? (if so..thats stupid)

1: Yes, it would be a total I win button otherwise.
2: Only keys, PP, money and combo cards.

dorkimoe said:
2 more stupid questions

Yup, need to keep the magazine on you to get its effects.

Your level, PP points, Money, combo cards and notebook entrys carry over.

Psychotext said:
Unrelated, am doing the 72k kills achievement now. \o/

Good luck, im doing a survivor run next, might try and get the multiplayer trophys first tho before everyone gets too good at the game!

duckroll

dorkimoe said:

Errr... yes? I don't even know why you have to ask. Do you have to keep a weapon or food item in you inventory for you to use it later? If so that's stupid!!! LOLOLOL. Wut? :p

Chairhome

Revolutionary said:
Finally decided to double dip on the PC version... wow. Night and day. Zoning takes less than 5 seconds every time (yes, even Fortune Park which is like 40 seconds on consoles), performance is sex, visuals are significantly improved (but still a little lacking in the texture resolution dept.)... so good.

The only problem I seem to have is with the depth of field in the cutscenes. For some reason, the camera is always focusing on the foreground.. even when there's nothing there! Therefore, people that are obviously the focus of the shot are extremely out of focus and blurry. Is this just me?
I don't think I have that problem. Did you disable blur?

duckroll said:
Errr... yes? I don't even know why you have to ask. Do you have to keep a weapon or food item in you inventory for you to use it later? If so that's stupid!!! LOLOLOL. Wut? :p

Poor chuck and his rubbish memory, he can't remember anything he read even 5 minutes ago :lol

If you didn't need to keep magazines, you could spend the first five minutes of the game going to bookstores and breeze through the rest.

duckroll said:
Look, he has a lot on his mind okay?
He needs lots of room for thinking up psychopath death puns.

dorkimoe

duckroll said:

Yeah because no other game in the history of games, you read a magazine and got a skill/skill point :lol

I assumed you had to keep it. Just wanted to make sure. I should pick them all up and pile them in my safe house haha

xero273

kind of surprised me but the preorder item for amazon is delayed. Instead Amazon is giving $10 credit because of this. for those that ordered through amazon, you have $10 credit.

ShockingAlberto said:
He needs lots of room for thinking up psychopath death puns.
I saw what you did there.....

xero273 said:
kind of surprised me but the preorder item for amazon is delayed. Instead Amazon is giving $10 credit because of this. yay!
Awesome. I was wondering when Amazon was going to send over that pre-order bonus, I really want my super slicer avatar item already. The $10 credit is great though. I already got $10 for the pre-order, so another $10 will be great with New Vegas coming out soon.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
xero273 said:
kind of surprised me but the preorder item for amazon is delayed. Instead Amazon is giving $10 credit because of this. for those that ordered through amazon, you have $10 credit.
They probably decided to tweak it for the newly-proportioned avatars hitting with the next dashboard. There are tons of avatar items on the store that aren't showing up correctly in the dashboard beta going on right now.

Pooya

just finished,
@Blue Castle or whoever responsible
pushing left stick forward and pressing it for dodging is horrible control design, at least on my aging 360 controller, please don't use it, it doesn't work half of the times :\ .

miladesn said:
just finished,
@Blue Castle or whoever responsible
pushing left stick forward and pressing it for dodging is horrible control design, at least on my aging 360 controller, please don't use it, it doesn't work half of the times :\ .

It's shite on PS3 controller as well, got me killed plenty of times in Psycho fights as its pretty unresponsive.

Kurtofan

Darkshier said:
I saw what you did there.....
I loved that one even more because the French subtitles didn't got the joke and translated it literaly.
Actually I just got it by reading your post

DeVeAn

McBradders said:
In co-op does anybody get the dealio that when they save their partner gets booted?
Its a HDD problem, My buddy saved his shit on a Flash drive and he wouldn't get booted anymore.

Diablos

Deepack said:
Oh my. The dude that designed the Robot Stuffed Bear is a fucking genius.

That things voice is so haunting, scary, cuddly and pathetic at the same time. Every time I hear it, I get chills, and my emotions get tied up.

"Do you wanna play with me?"

*shivers*
I want one.

Someone on youtube commented that it is a "lawsuit waiting to happen" so I've been trying to figure out if there is a real product identical to the bear. Can't find anything.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It's kind of funny to read this thread after this game turned out to be awesome. Man, people had some really nasty things to say about this game before it came out. Blue Castle delivered and I really hope to see the solid sales numbers it deserves.

I can't wait to jump back in after work. I've been grinding Terror is Reality for some fast cash, I'm halfway to getting the keys for the sports car at the mall. It's gonna be sweet.

Has anyone tried messing around with the trainers that cap the time limit and make your weapons unbreakable, etc?

They work as advertised with the retail release?

Kurtofan said:
So how are you supposed to get the savior of Fortune City achievement?
I saved more than fifty but nothing popped up?

I don't think it counts the people that are already "saved" in the safehouse which is like 7 people so you need 57 saved at the end or something.

Jaroof

Snuggler said:
It's kind of funny to read this thread after this game turned out to be awesome. Man, people had some really nasty things to say about this game before it came out. Blue Castle delivered and I really hope to see the solid sales numbers it deserves.

I can't wait to jump back in after work. I've been grinding Terror is Reality for some fast cash, I'm halfway to getting the keys for the sports car at the mall. It's gonna be sweet.

Yeah, I wanted to say something to pretty much everybody who had shit to say about it, but I just let it slide. I knew it was gonna be awesome, and realized I shouldn't give a shit about what others thought about it. :D

Kurtofan

kyo_daikun said:
I don't think it counts the people that are already "saved" in the safehouse which is like 7 people so you need 57 saved at the end or something.
Well I got the ten saved achievement just by having ten guys in the safe room,so...

goMaki

kyo_daikun said:
I believe you need 62 people as saved in the notebook to get the achievement.

Kurtofan said:
Well I got the ten saved achievement just by having ten guys in the safe room,so...

Im just assuming that's what it is, im like you and ended with 54 saved and never got it, I didn't check when I hit 10 saved.

Kurtofan

goMaki said:
I believe you need 62 people as saved in the notebook to get the achievement.
So the achievement is bugged?
Great...

Im just assuming that's what it is, im like you and ended with 54 saved and never got it, I didn't check when I hit 10 saved.
Don't worry I believe you, it's just weird.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Jaroof said:
Yeah, I wanted to say something to pretty much everybody who had shit to say about it, but I just let it slide. I knew it was gonna be awesome, and realized I shouldn't give a shit about what others thought about it. :D

Yeah, I mean the reaction in that thread was the result of some poor pre release media, so you can't really blame them. Still, I always love a good underdog story so it's very nice to see this game defy it's negative expectations. As far as I'm concerned, this is the sleeper hit of the year and Blue Castle are the Rocksteady Studios of the year.

Can't stop gushing about this game.

Huggy

Can you save anyone in the outbreak sequence at the beginning? I guess not since the combat features don't kick in until after.

Top Bottom