• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 2 |OT|: He knows his way around a zombie or two.

Nelo Ice said:
so i dont suppose anyone who ordered dead rising 2(360) on amazon wants to give out their 50% off mvc3 code :lol

also for those who dont kno amazon sent out 50% off mvc3(360) codes to everyone who preordered DR2(360) to make up for not giving out the advertised avatar items
I had 30 bucks in credit so now I'm getting MvC3 for free plus they're giving me 10 bucks in credit for preordering. :lol

jkanownik

Nelo Ice said:
so i dont suppose anyone who ordered dead rising 2(360) on amazon wants to give out their 50% off mvc3 code :lol

also for those who dont kno amazon sent out 50% off mvc3(360) codes to everyone who preordered DR2(360) to make up for not giving out the advertised avatar items

PM sent

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So are the DLC outfit packs a complete waste of money? I have 450msp to blow and I want all the new content I can get but I feel like I'm wasting my money if they're just a few new outfits.

do they come with a weapon (like gun for soldier) or do you have to find that shit?

bubnbob

Banned
Snuggler said:
So are the DLC outfit packs a complete waste of money? I have 450msp to blow and I want all the new content I can get but I feel like I'm wasting my money if they're just a few new outfits.

do they come with a weapon (like gun for soldier) or do you have to find that shit?

Nope, but they do give some enhancements. Like the Psycho gives you stronger defense cause Chuck is SOOOO CUHRAZZZZY on Adrenaline

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
bubnbob said:
Nope, but they do give some enhancements. Like the Psycho gives you stronger defense cause Chuck is SOOOO CUHRAZZZZY on Adrenaline

yeah I 'spose it's probably a waste then

love this game and want more stuff for it, even if it's trivial, but I don't need any extra boosts at my lvl and I'd prefer to keep my awesome custom custom

sounds useless, fuck it

onken

friskykillface said:
Is Terror Is Reality still hard to play online?
first week i got little to no games :/
think it was 1 out of every 8 tries for me.

I never have trouble getting games on PS3, the problem is that the only people still playing it are stupidly good and I still need to come first in Headache before I get my TK's Favorite trophy ;/

Greyvvolf

Snuggler said:

When Chuck wears the ninja outfit the
regular
zombies don't grab him but can attack him; there are ninja animations and sounds for it too.

Also, anybody know when the Case West DLC is supposed to be out and how much it's going to cost?

Shaneus

Holy shit, was just about ready to pounce on this via Steam until I saw that this was only $30US on Amazon. Any chance of getting it digitally for that price?

Daigoro

onken said:
Tape it or Die side missions. Though upon further investigation there's not much to it. Just make sure you rescue/kill the 3 unmarked poker players in Atlantica, grab the 3 body guard women from the pool area, get the hungry guy from the restaurant and then pop down to the South plaza for the WWJD mission and pick up the survivor hiding nearby. Do that before 6am day 3 and you shouldn't have any trouble.

Ah gotcha, thanks.

Zachack

Shaneus said:
Holy shit, was just about ready to pounce on this via Steam until I saw that this was only $30US on Amazon. Any chance of getting it digitally for that price?
On top of this, does the retail version require the dvd in the drive, or does the GFWL aspect negate that?

Really hate discs.

So I finally gave the game a shot, PS3 version. I expected just to play for a short bit and head to bed, and I finally turned my system off a short while ago due to noticing the sky beginning to light up. So much fun. I was THIS close
to not making it back to the safehouse with the second dosage of Zombrex in time. The time was 7:58 when it prompted me to save.
I was like WHOA SHIT THAT WAS CLOSE.

Close to finishing the game. I think I'd seriously prefer stand alone XBLA games for the rest of the Dead Rising franchise set in different scenarios. Not set in a malls.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
So Amazon finally got around to sending out the pre-order bonus codes, which are male and female versions of Chuck Greene's outfit for your avatar. Anyhoo, I don't need/can't use the female version, so the first person to PM me that wants it can have.

EDIT: Gone.

This game pisses me off so much, i got it at launch had fun, me and my buddy played 4 straight hours, then we both died, and i didnt save because the stupid game kicks co-op partners out. Played a few times since then and was still so pissed off from the first time I didnt get very far. We played again tonight 3 straight hours and the fucking game freezes on a load screen. I'm almost completely over this game and all its stupid bugs.

onken

Don't have the 360 version but I think if you save on a USB drive you don't get the kick-out bug. Having said that, it's still a lot better idea to just save and have your partner rejoin instead of just not saving indefinitely, you're bound to die eventually.

onken said:
Don't have the 360 version but I think if you save on a USB drive you don't get the kick-out bug. Having said that, it's still a lot better idea to just save and have your partner rejoin instead of just not saving indefinitely, you're bound to die eventually.

Game shouldnt need these work around, especially since its been out for over a month now. Its pretty much unacceptable at this point we are at with this generation and how they can mass distribute updates easily.

onken

bucknuticus said:
Game shouldnt need these work around, especially since its been out for over a month now. Its pretty much unacceptable at this point we are at with this generation and how they can mass distribute updates easily.

Yeah I mean it's far from ideal but not using an easy workaround "just because", is equally dumb.

onken said:
Yeah I mean it's far from ideal but not using an easy workaround "just because", is equally dumb.

I wasnt even aware about the usb thing, and as for saving it, it would kick my buddy, then he would get errors, until both of us backed all the way out to the dashboard. So it was a major hassle to do, not to mention while we were playing I was having an enjoyable time and lost track of how long we have been going. It just frustrates me, I want to enjoy this game and really like it, but the bugs are keep me from it.

onken

It's probably not healthy to laugh maniacally all the way to 72k, but oh well :lol

qs0112.jpg

onken

Castor Krieg said:
Does Platinum requires Online Trophies? There are 5 Bronze Trophies listed here:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/dead-rising-2/70033-dead-rising-2-trophy-guide-road-map.html

However Platinum is listed as Offline. Do I need to play Multiplayer? How hard is it to find players nowadays? I don't understand a word from the "Road Map" they wrote about the game. >.<

Yes, buttloads. "Better with a Friend" requires you to beat every case file in co-op (urgh, still don't have it myself). There's also 3 trophies for TIR. Two easy ones, (come top in one event, come top overall in one episode) and one stinker (come top at least once in every different event). Again, I don't have this either, the one event I'm missing almost never comes up and whenever it does I get thrashed.

There's still plenty of players about though so you shouldn't have much trouble getting games. Worst part is playing with randos in co-op is they just tend to fuck about and not want to do the case files.

e~ great I just had Zomboni, Pounds of Flesh and Master Shafter 3 times in a row, I sure love TIR

onken

Nope I take it all back, just got TK's Favourite. Some asshole was banking all his hats and ended up cutting down my lead from 14k to 200. Man I would have pissed if I'd lost that :lol

KingJ2002

i just finished this game last night and I can definitely say that this is far better than the first. There time to do everything right rather than make harsh decisions. I missed the TIOD series just because i didn't go back to that area (i stupidly got into a sniper battle with those rednecks so i wasted a lot of time) but i was still able to finish the game. I am definitely going to play through this again.. i missed that psychopath in the beginning for snowflake.

MMaRsu

Jesus christ I'm in a discussion with some dude who's claiming I'm a fucking hypocrite because I think Call of Duty is pretty much the same thing every year with a few updates, and on that forum I was hyping Dead Rising 2 up pretty much now he's saying I'm a hypocrite blablabla.

Also he's dissing DR2 saying it has the worst graphics, is basically more of the same, boring, derative and more of that bullshit. He said there was a unanimous decision that DR2 has the worst graphics of 2010 or some shit. Man this guy is fucking annoying as hell.

How can anyone hate on DR2? Boggles my frikkin mind man.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
MMaRsu said:
How can anyone hate on DR2? Boggles my frikkin mind man.

There are some sick, fucked up people out there.

but really, it sounds like you were arguing with a child or a moron. I don't think a 2010 game with a sequel from 2006 deserves to be held up to the same kind of scrutiny as Call of Duty 7.

and it looks fine, although it's poorly optimized on consoles

Shaneus

Holy shit, this is fucking AWESOME! I'm only a very small way through, only saved two people and have only needed to give the daughter one Zombrex, but it's just so much fun! When I first combined the MMA gloves and the nails... holy shit :lol

Quick question though: can you combine items whenever you're in a maintenance room or do you need more than just the two items you need to combine?

Oh god, I just came up 120 zombies short of the 72,000 achievement. And I don't have a save that's close to it. Somebody convince me not to jump off a bridge. :( :(

Shaneus said:
Holy shit, this is fucking AWESOME! I'm only a very small way through, only saved two people and have only needed to give the daughter one Zombrex, but it's just so much fun! When I first combined the MMA gloves and the nails... holy shit :lol

Quick question though: can you combine items whenever you're in a maintenance room or do you need more than just the two items you need to combine?

You can combine whenever you're in a maintenance room. All you need is two compatible items. The hover text will say "Combine" even if you don't know the formula for something, so long as they are compatible.

Shaneus

Awesome. Would explain why when wielding some items when there's already one on the bench, it just wants to pick it up rather than combine.

Shaneus

Holy shit, the TIR multiplayer is awesome! I've now learned that you can be dead last but if you're a gun at the Slicecycles, you can still win :lol

Tenbatsu

Shaneus said:
Holy shit, the TIR multiplayer is awesome! I've now learned that you can be dead last but if you're a gun at the Slicecycles, you can still win :lol
That's what happened during my first time online. I was last place all the way and I came back to be the champion during the last match. I bet my competitors were furious.

onken

Ahh finally got the platinum today. Would have been better if TK's Favourite was switched to earning $1m in TiR, that would be a lot less frustrating and also an incentive for people not to drop out of games. Also some sort of reward for the genocide trophies would have been nice, especially since you got the megabuster in DR1.

Those niggles aside, really enjoyed it, in fact I'm probably going to go play it a bit more now!

Shaneus

Definitely less easier to win things as you rank up... last tournament I came second, the first place guy was double my takings :lol

The cage/ball one is fucking impossible with any kind of lag, the shooting gallery one isn't too bad (providing you're on the top two spots) but the others are okay. Definitely need practice.

Anyone know if there are any achievements based on TIR?

Shaneus said:
Definitely less easier to win things as you rank up... last tournament I came second, the first place guy was double my takings :lol

The cage/ball one is fucking impossible with any kind of lag, the shooting gallery one isn't too bad (providing you're on the top two spots) but the others are okay. Definitely need practice.

There's 3, win one event, win a whole series of events (be the overall winner after slicycles) and TK's favourite where you have to be first for every single game (Zomboni, Pounds of flesh etc)

onken

Shaneus said:

Yep, 3.

Rising Star - Win any one event
Win Big - Win an episode
TK's Favorite - Win at each event at least once

There's also the TIR helmet/outfit that unlocks at $1m/$5m

Shaneus

Ah, awesome... have one the first two. Another quickie: For any items of clothing that I've won/unlocked... where do I get them? If this sort of info is in a manual or common knowledge, let me now. Just bought it on Steam last night :)

onken

Shaneus said:
Ah, awesome... have one the first two. Another quickie: For any items of clothing that I've won/unlocked... where do I get them? If this sort of info is in a manual or common knowledge, let me now. Just bought it on Steam last night :)

Locker in the safe house bathroom.

Yeah a lot of things don't get explained in game. I finished the game twice before I realized you could do a dodge-roll by clicking the left stick :lol

Also, up on d-pad - put away weapon
down on d-pad - drop weapon

Shaneus

I retried the first bit 4 times before I worked out you could attack by just pressing X as I'm used to attack being mapped to the triggers. I spent 10 minutes just chucking shit at zombies :lol
If there's one thing I can complain about with this game, it's definitely the complete lack of a tutorial or ability to map buttons. You can't even go into a menu to see what the button mappings actually are! But otherwise, fun-as-fuck game.

onken said:
Locker in the safe house bathroom.

Yeah a lot of things don't get explained in game. I finished the game twice before I realized you could do a dodge-roll by clicking the left stick :lol

That's actually a learned move though. Can't do it at the start. Drove me crazy unlearning some of those moves for awhile. :lol

Shaneus

Got the funniest glitch in TIR last night... first game in the tourney was Zomboni, and my guy just stood in the one spot :lol I could still control but couldn't run over any zombies. It would've pissed me off if I wasn't laughing at my guy just standing in the corner while the others were collecting zombie blood :lol

Finally beat this game. Overall, a disappointment for me. Although I liked Chuck most of the other characters and dialogue fell flat. Way too much sexual innuendo, I know there was some in DR1 but it was over the top in this one. Story not as good either and some super frustrating boss fights (I know they were bad in the 1st one too, but that was 2006... A lot of time has passed.)

Strangely enough I really enjoyed Case Zero and will certainly pick up the next one with Frank West just to see him again.

Top Bottom