• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 3 |OT| Welcome to the After Party

Jinaar

1) have you tried hitting up on d pad?

2) do not restart the game. If anything, just restart the chapter

Hitting up doesn't work at all unfortunately.

I didn't restart the chapter due to being so far ahead in the story so not going to worry about it now, will just finish my first play thru (already level 50 with most everything found and all trials done).

I know I have missed some psychos. Play thru 2 will be a speed run getting them and anything else missed.

Looking online, one person even tried a chapter reset without luck. It's a terrible bug.

It added new achievements for Fallen Angel and I'm guessing it also added the expansion. I guess they will finish patching it in when it is finished.

Caayn

Jup 5GB update. There's nothing on their twitter/facebook page about this update.

Btw is there any chance that the DLC packages will contain new areas?

And there isn't so much as a news blurb or, god forbid, actual details about this patch anywhere. A 5GB patch is about as major as it gets, so what is this doing exactely?

derFeef

I know but I don't want to use English Kinect commands. Every game should include an option to change the audio language if the language is on the disc already. AC4 and BF4 already do this.

You can change it to different language voice commands. It's just hard to tell what you need to say if the prompt is in English and you have to say it in German for example.

You can change it to different language voice commands. It's just hard to tell what you need to say if the prompt is in English and you have to say it in German for example.

You're talking about the in-game commands right? I don't mean those, I just mean the Xbox interface. Don't ever really use the Kinect stuff in this game.

Redshirt

Banned
DR3 is a great game. One of the best launch titles ever and easily the best of this generation.

I haven't played it since finishing Nightmare, but I came back for the Christmas Slay challenge, and it's impressing me all over again.

As for the update, is it me, or did this just add DLC-only stuff that we can't even access yet? :(

T.O.P

Banned
WTF! I have not checked after my update .. honna do so now. That's fucked up.

it was installing the game, then he went READY TO PLAY but i had to leave so i unplugged the ethernet from my room and left the X1 on

Got back, "Installation interrupted, there was a problem with the connection, please check"

Ethernet back in, no changes, i pressed the Menu button and selected Continue Installation or something

Once it was finished, no save game, all my shit gone

sith ewok

Just came here to see what this huge 5 gb update is all about. I guess no one knows (other than temporarily losing your save files? Ouch.). I may wait to play once it is downloaded. Don't want to chance losing my saves.

Redshirt

Banned
The "update" definitely adds some stuff from the upcoming DLC. Not sure why or what else was in there.

For those having a problem with saves, I'd double-check that the update actually finished and didn't queue itself, which happened to my brother.

Kind of annoying that these updates for Xbox One games aren't detailed. There should be a change log that tells you what its doing by pressing A or something on it whilst its downloading.

Was thinking about playing it today but will hold off due to the issues people are having.

hwalker84

Kind of annoying that these updates for Xbox One games aren't detailed. There should be a change log that tells you what its doing by pressing A or something on it whilst its downloading.

Was thinking about playing it today but will hold off due to the issues people are having.

Yeah I like the PS4's changelog.

RulkezX

Can you play while it downloads this 5GB patch ?

How can they release a patch that size and not give any info, that's utter bullshit.

Top Bottom