• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising Deluxe Remastered | Review Thread

Draugoth

Gold Member
dead-rising-deluxe-remaster-key-HD-scaled.jpg

Game Information​

Game Title: Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster

Platforms:

• Xbox Series X/S (Sep 18, 2024)
  • PlayStation 5 (Sep 18, 2024)
  • PC (Sep 18, 2024)
Trailers:

Developer: Capcom

Critic Reviews​

But Why Tho? - Abdul Saad - 9 / 10

While not without its issues, Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster is an impeccable remaster that feels more like a remake and offers hours of great entertainment.
Enternity.gr - Konstantinos Kalkanis - Greek - 9 / 10

Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster shows that this was probably the best course Capcom could have taken in making this game.
Gameliner - Bram Noteboom - Dutch - 4.5 / 5

Capcom expertly revives the 2006 classic with nostalgic charm and modern Quality of Life improvements, cementing its role as a top-tier action zombie game despite some outdated elements and minor content changes.
MonsterVine - Spencer Legacy - 4.5 / 5

Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster is, for the most part, a strong revisit of one of Capcom’s classic titles. The new improvements are excellent, and the small problems aren’t enough to derail the experience. The original game is still widely accessible on current consoles regardless, but I recommend checking out Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster if you’re fond of the original or looking for a unique new experience, as there’s nothing quite like it.
Nexus Hub - Ryan Pretorius - 8 / 10

Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster is rough around the edges at times but Capcom has delivered a mostly faithful, visually dazzling remaster without short-changing the tone, humour or violence.
Sirus Gaming - Jarren Navarrete - 7 / 10

Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster is something I can recommend for those who haven't yet played the original and for those who really loved it and want to experience it again with the RE Engine. There's no question that it's fun but with its most notable feature being the updated visuals it really is just the old game with a fresh coat of paint.
Stevivor - Steve Wright - 9 / 10

All up, Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster felt like going home for this veteran player. And with a retail price of only $70 AUD, it's all the better.
VGC - Jordan Middler - 4 / 5

Dead Rising is still heaps of daft, gory fun, and the Deluxe Remaster is an excellent excuse to catch up with Frank. Almost every change that's been made to the new release is for the better, and while it won't blow your socks off like Capcom's other revisited classic, we're more than happy to spend another 72 hours with Mr West. He's covered wars, you know.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Game Information

Game Title: Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster

Platforms:
  • Xbox Series X/S (Sep 18, 2024)
  • PlayStation 5 (Sep 18, 2024)
  • PC (Sep 18, 2024)
Trailer:
Developer: Capcom

Review Aggregator:

OpenCritic - 83 average - 90% recommended
Metacritic - 84 average - Based on 20 reviews

Lzdd0mP.png

aSLfABr.png

Critic Reviews

But Why Tho? - Abdul Saad - 9 / 10
While not without its issues, Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster is an impeccable remaster that feels more like a remake and offers hours of great entertainment.

Enternity.gr - Konstantinos Kalkanis - Greek - 9 / 10
Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster shows that this was probably the best course Capcom could have taken in making this game.

Gameliner - Bram Noteboom - Dutch - 4.5 / 5
Capcom expertly revives the 2006 classic with nostalgic charm and modern Quality of Life improvements, cementing its role as a top-tier action zombie game despite some outdated elements and minor content changes.

GamingTrend - Jack Zustiak - 80 / 100
Dead Rising's Deluxe Remaster makes changes big and small to an all-time classic. Some changes work, some don't, and ultimately none of them feel essential. Dead Rising remains a great game with or without this particular reconditioning. This Deluxe Remaster works best as an interesting thought experiment: what if Dead Rising released in 2024? It would be shinier, have autosaves, and noticeably fear its potential audience.

MonsterVine - Spencer Legacy - 4.5 / 5
Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster is, for the most part, a strong revisit of one of Capcom’s classic titles. The new improvements are excellent, and the small problems aren’t enough to derail the experience. The original game is still widely accessible on current consoles regardless, but I recommend checking out Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster if you’re fond of the original or looking for a unique new experience, as there’s nothing quite like it.

Nexus Hub - Ryan Pretorius - 8 / 10
Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster is rough around the edges at times but Capcom has delivered a mostly faithful, visually dazzling remaster without short-changing the tone, humour or violence.

Push Square - Liam Croft - 8 / 10
A substantial visual overhaul of Dead Rising is what will immediately stand out most, but where the Deluxe Remaster truly thrives is in all its gameplay touch-ups to make the classic play and feel like any other modern game. They all build to the definitive Dead Rising experience, where its time management feature can be properly appreciated.

Sirus Gaming - Jarren Navarrete - 7 / 10
Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster is something I can recommend for those who haven't yet played the original and for those who really loved it and want to experience it again with the RE Engine. There's no question that it's fun but with its most notable feature being the updated visuals it really is just the old game with a fresh coat of paint.

Stevivor - Steve Wright - 9 / 10
All up, Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster felt like going home for this veteran player. And with a retail price of only $70 AUD, it's all the better.

VGC - Jordan Middler - 4 / 5
Dead Rising is still heaps of daft, gory fun, and the Deluxe Remaster is an excellent excuse to catch up with Frank. Almost every change that's been made to the new release is for the better, and while it won't blow your socks off like Capcom's other revisited classic, we're more than happy to spend another 72 hours with Mr West. He's covered wars, you know.

Last edited:

Karak

My review

Honestly the more I played it the more the cumbersomeness that WASN'T fixed just kept rearing its head. Its one of those games that just seems like slightly fixing some stuff made me notice all these other issues.
I can say it wasnt fun but it wasn't fun enough

keefged4

I am under the impression that they have cut a lot of content and changed things for "Modern Audiences", is this right? or is it just folk whinging on the steam forums as usual

Dorfdad

Gold Member
My review

Honestly the more I played it the more the cumbersomeness that WASN'T fixed just kept rearing its head. Its one of those games that just seems like slightly fixing some stuff made me notice all these other issues.
I can say it wasnt fun but it wasn't fun enough

Thanks I honestly always look to your reviews before I buy games were very much in synch and 90% of the time I agree with your assessments!

Keep up the good work! I’ll be subscribing! Didn’t know you were on her!

Puscifer

With the new woke changes this game is offensive to fat autists, and as there are many of those on GAF, I would advise avoiding this game.

new_larry_chiang.jpg
It's less "woke" than it is a product of a company they partner with to make sure games they make are more appealing to China. Suddenly all the weird changes they made make sense.

EDIT: The Vietnam and Communist dialog changes align with it too when you know about their involvement with training and supplying Vietcong, removal of erotica and other stuff in Asian countries they're selling in for the first time.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
I'm just not a fan of the character model changes and losing Frank's voice actor is a bummer. I also think modernizing some of the control aspects without retuning the rest of the game will break the balance (I've seen this mentioned for the boss encounters). The pre-order bonuses are also a little off-putting. I still might get it as Dead Rising is one of my favorite games of all time.

yP6lLn.gif

MiguelItUp

So glad this is reviewing as well as it is. I was already picking it up as I love this game and the series so much. Shame that there are still some things that could've had some attention, but I'm still happy with what I've seen.

KaiserBecks

Does any review mention difficulty settings? Couple of weeks ago, when the previews dropped, some people complained about the game being too easy / having faster progression.
I was hoping this was done specifically for the preview version or that they would simply add a hard mode in the final build.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member

Just use AI to write your reviews...ffs

Impeccable -
adjective
  1. (of behavior, performance, or appearance) in accordance with the highest standards of propriety; faultless.

Top Bottom