• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster - Previews Roundup

SkylineRKR

I love the time limit. You don't need to beat it in one go. You'll get more powerful and faster if you just keep on playing. Finally you'll know the layout, the best route, best weapon spots and you can be more efficient and you can do at least all the main cases without having to rush.

The game basically had 2 issues, the horrible survivor AI and the time between the final case and the best ending. You can time skip now which is actually a good option. And overtime mode felt undercooked and boring with special forces enemies, I never really liked this chapter.

Danknugz

the time limit is what have the game it's edge, auto save i think takes away from that. it's when you fail and have to do a section over again that makes it more rewarding when you understand what you need to do and then do it in a way that works, and there's so many different ways to do it right. i also liked the cheaper with the special forces cause if you were aiming for leaderboards you could farm the most points there.

TVexperto

I just bought a steam key for 2 bucks... in case they decide to remove the original game. ive been playing it all day long, really nice but im wondering why it says it was released 2016? i thought its older

Last edited:

Sethbacca

I just bought a steam key for 2 bucks... in case they decide to remove the original game. ive been playing it all day long, really nice but im wondering why it says it was released 2016? i thought its older
I think that was the first time it was released on PC and when it got released for PS4 etc. Prior to that was only 360 I'm pretty sure. I'm too lazy to go look.

Bry0

yeah the PC port is technically the 2016 “remaster”. The original was exclusive to 360 for about 10 years.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Jesus. So many people bitching about the timer again. You know what happened? They tried to cater to idiot opinions like that one and it killed the franchise and a studio.
It's a core mechanic to akin the movie "Groundhog Day" and once you become familiar with the levels and the game mechanics, you fly through knowing where you need to be and you have plenty of time to fuck around.
Git gud scrubs.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Jesus. So many people bitching about the timer again. You know what happened? They tried to cater to idiot opinions like that one and it killed the franchise and a studio.
It's a core mechanic to akin the movie "Groundhog Day" and once you become familiar with the levels and the game mechanics, you fly through knowing where you need to be and you have plenty of time to fuck around.
Git gud scrubs.
Show us where we hurt you by having an opinion candyass 😆 Git Gud wouldnt even apply to a situation where a game mechanic is purposely built to forcefully rush a player....a timer. Cripes you cant even meme right either.

Last edited:

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Show us where we hurt you by having an opinion candyass 😆 Git Gud wouldnt even apply to a situation where a game mechanic is purposely built to forcefully rush a player....a timer. Cripes you cant even meme right either.
Hah! Understanding the layout, the weapon strengths and their locations, and how to beat areas and bosses isn't getting good? That little timer too much for you? The pathetic timer complaint has been going on for 18 years. Would have thought that some of you would have figured out how to play the game by now. No wonder that little meme drop was too complex for you.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Hah! Understanding the layout, the weapon strengths and their locations, and how to beat areas and bosses isn't getting good? That little timer too much for you? The pathetic timer complaint has been going on for 18 years. Would have thought that some of you would have figured out how to play the game by now. No wonder that little meme drop was too complex for you.
Its called preference....of course we couldve "figured it out" and drudged through it but we didnt care to then, and dont care to now. Plenty of other things to play without that shitty mechanic.

I promise you that your life will go on if people choose to not play this because of the timer.

Bridges

Its called preference....of course we couldve "figured it out" and drudged through it but we didnt care to then, and dont care to now. Plenty of other things to play without that shitty mechanic.

I promise you that your life will go on if people choose to not play this because of the timer.
People who love Dead Rising get a little defensive when they hear the timer critique because last time the series was relevant the developers actually listened and it completely ruined the franchise.

Nobody cares whether or not you're gonna play the game. But if people are going to start being vocal again about removing a core mechanic in a series that they don't even like, it's fair to expect pushback.

bender

What time is it?
Sort of sounds like a Twin Snakes scenario where the added mechanics break the difficulty of the original game design.

Top Bottom