• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising Deluxe Remastered Announced

MrRibeye

Frank's Voice Actor is different. Upgraded visuals, not just a resolution bump.

Looks like this is getting some extra work.

Official_Capcom_Europe_-_Dead_Rising_Deluxe_Remaster_Teaser_Trailer_xyZ7gagpgsU_-_2037x1146_-_0m14s.png

Notice how the facade of the white building on the left is completely flat and blocky, whereas the zombies on the streets look akin to the insane high-quality ones of Resident Evil 2 Remake.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Notice how the facade of the white building on the left is completely flat and blocky, whereas the zombies on the streets look akin to the insane high-quality ones of Resident Evil 2 Remake.

It's probably an AI-assisted remaster, they just announced it and the trailer says it releases this year.

Won't be surprised if they're putting this together quick to pad Pragmata missing another year.

But I'll bet here for it, love DR1.

Last edited:

Bry0

It looks a bit weird like they they upgraded character models and lighting but only retextured everything else

Reactions: Isa

Bridges

Let's fucking go! One of the all time greats. I'll buy Dead Rising a third time, sure. I hope they add in Co-op like the later games had.

Can't watch the trailer right now but the face is weird and I hate that it's not the original VA. I'll still pick this up though. They need to revisit this series

WTF? Why does Frank sound like Lego R2D2's voice actor and look like Dr. Barnaby's younger brother?

Encino Man No GIF

Last edited:
  • LOL
This is getting beyond parody at this point. The big pubs barely do anything, but recycle content over and over again. Its ridiculous. Who needs Dead rising 5 if they can recuse content endlessly.

The current situation behind the AAA scene must really be in deep shit if this is their go-to strategy.

Last edited:
This is getting beyond parody at this point. The big pubs barely do anything, but recycle content over and over again. Its ridiculous. Who needs Dead rising 5 if they can recuse content endlessly.

The current situation behind the AAA scene must really be in deep shit if this is their go-to strategy.
Everyone wants old media repackaged for nostalgia purposes. No one wants new media. lmao.

Bry0

I take my last post back, it's definitely a lot more work than just better character and lighting. Textures and even background environments are added / improved.

GRAm2KTWgAA3kG8
The city area was always kinda low res since it’s not playable area. I guess it will be Interesting to see how much they did to the mall as far as upgrading things.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Peak 360 demo days.

This, Crackdown and the Halo 3 beta were glorious.
I remember some people on a different forum I read back then being angry that you needed the Crackdown disc to access the Halo 3 beta because they were hoping to sell their beta download codes.

• Thoughtful
Top Bottom