• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 3 |OT| Can I Play With Madness?

Thanks codecow. Coming from you such a compliment. Long time fan and you guys really didn't disappoint! Make sure to let everyone on the team know I say THANK YOU! :D

I enjoyed the review. Especially considering how similar our opinions of these things tend to be. I will have the game tomorrow and will be finishing it single player before touching co-op, but I can't wait. Hopefully the Helix mod for DS2 makes it run in perfect 3D, but if not, I'll deal with playing it in 2D for a while ;)

I enjoyed the review. Especially considering how similar our opinions of these things tend to be. I will have the game tomorrow and will be finishing it single player before touching co-op, but I can't wait. Hopefully the Helix mod for DS2 makes it run in perfect 3D, but if not, I'll deal with playing it in 2D for a while ;)

What system you getting it on. I have it on every system so :D and glad you enjoyed the review. I think you will love the game.

Czigga

yay the thread is so happy now can't wait to play! and haven't watched ur review yet slasher but thx much for your impressions last couple days

yay the thread is so happy now can't wait to play! and haven't watched ur review yet slasher but thx much for your impressions last couple days

No problem. Anytime I manage to land a game before release without having an embargo, I'm more then happy too. For those on the fence, I'll probably be streaming this tomorrow as well.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
So I'm up to chapter five. I love the fact that there is so much to discover in the environment. Even though I'm being really careful and checking all the corners (ok, that's pretty hard to do in space), I'm still missing stuff. Not quite sure if that's because the co-op missions are locked off to people who aren't playing co-op and there's a ton of stuff locked away in those areas, or if I'm just missing things in single-player (probably both, I'm thinking). In some instances it's a little odd, since you're supposed to be running away from things/people or you know (spoiler for chapter 1),
you've been shot
, but instead of getting on with the mission I'm making Issac look all over the place for collectibles. :) In any case, the resource hunting and the side missions kind of make me long for an open world Dead Space (yes, I know this is dumb for many reasons).

Sound design sounds great, not really sure what people were worried about - the stomping is meaty and juicy, even more so then it was in the first two games and the monster noises are better, imo (the necromorphs sound like they're trying to say something in this game, which is a little freaky and underscores that they were people once).

Also, I really like the little resource collector bot, although I've only found one area to let it go off and do its thing. So nice to see that "bot back at the bench with TUNGSTEN" message (lol, not really, but tungsten is really scarce).

Also people who really loved (spoiler for chapter 5)
the hideously annoying final run from the fucking regenerator in Dead Space 2 will be really thrilled with Chapter 5. -_-

I actually really want to play co-op now, just to see what Carver says. He's kind of a dickish smartass in single player. For people who were worried about "forced co-op", up to this point (just finished Chapter 5) I think he's spoken maybe ten sentences to Issac directly - his role is really minimized in single player.

Also there is a ton, a TON of walking around deserted ships, for people who really loved that part of DS1. (Almost too much so, to be honest. I kind of want to get down on the planet and see what's up.)

RoKKeR

You guys should follow KyleN's DS3 shots in the High Res screenshot thread, he's got some great stuff.

Alright, sleep is overtaking me. Tomorrow, I shall "take down the terror."

Fuck you EA! And fuck your slogans!

d0c_zaius

ok been playing for a couple of hours now, all coop.

its total deadspace. some coop stuff works, others is kinda annoying, but overall its great so far.

def sim

My copy is just one state away from me. I'll be set by tomorrow evening! I'm going to wait on an Origin/Amazon sale for the PC version.

kurahador

ok been playing for a couple of hours now, all coop.

its total deadspace. some coop stuff works, others is kinda annoying, but overall its great so far.

How does the co-op works? Do you get separated sometimes?
Is there an additional story/perspective from the 2nd player?

Well, looks like DS3 got a 9.75 from GameInformer

Sorry for the wrong score earlier this week.

You're good. You were just passing it along. For all you know these scores could be wrong.

Kidding.

Is it bad that I now find that score too high despite enjoying the game immensely? DS2 getting a 9.0 and then DS3 getting a 9.75 is just...weird I suppose. I guess this guy really loved the game and didn't let the little things get to him.

Edit: Enjoyed the review, Slasher!

I've got a comparison video coming up with footage of xbox, ps3, and pc. Never done one of these before so be gentle. Will post as soon as it's done rendering. xbox and ps3 720p was taken with component cables with hauppauge, and pc was max settings 1920 x 1080.

*edit* well my internet in the neighborhood just decided to die. I'll upload in the morning. Posting from my phone.

Moff

So I'm up to chapter five. I love the fact that there is so much to discover in the environment.

yep, really amazing. I love the huge open space levels, they are a highlight anyway because they look so stunning, they are definitely much better than in the previous 2 games. its really fun to to look for upgrades and weapon parts in those levels. really well done.

pa22word

Yo gp Earv I got DS3 as a belated birthday gift. Sent you a friend request on Origin, hopefully we can do some co-op later :)

Oh and to the people who've played it: can anyone tell me how frequent the cover shooting segments are? Really not looking forward to them...

Eideka

Banned
I've seen the PS3 and PC versions side by side and I can confirm that the PC SKU looks noticeably better despite the fact that Visceral did not bother too much with it.

I've not noticed SSAO when I was playing the game on PS3, but I probably missed it !

I may be wrong but it seems to me that the shadows in the PC version are of higher quality.

That's ironic, in spite of Visceral's claims the PC comes out on top.
Sorry guys, at least you tried. :D

The PC version no doubt looks the best. Lighting and shadows in particular. Game overall looks fantastic no matter how you get it.

The first couple of levels are not great, I hope this picks up.

At least the PC version has some extra bells and whistles that we thought we weren't going to get!

Top Bottom