• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 3 |OT| Can I Play With Madness?

Jarmel

Banned
What the fuck at Ellie. Literally what the fuck. I had to pause the game to come on this forum and bitch.

First her design is a complete mess and a long step down. Like this is worse than the UC3 Elena downgrade.

Then we apparently
have her dating this random ass NPC that had pretty much no foreshadowing

K' Dash

What the fuck at Ellie. Literally what the fuck. I had to pause the game to come on this forum and bitch.

First her design is a complete mess and a long step down. Like this is worse than the UC3 Elena downgrade.

Then we apparently
have her dating this random ass NPC that had pretty much no foreshadowing

Hes not a random NPC, but yeah, that sucks.

And that's my cue to

ibpLOqzlitExyE.gif

Jarmel

Banned
Is her model really bad? like popeyes chicken bad?

It's pretty fucking awful. Like I didn't even recognize her initially. There is also some weird makeup thing going on as well. The guy that was also pointing out her design is now more cleavage focused was also dead on the money.

pa22word

Can anyone confirm whether or not Retro Mode on the PC version just introduces mouse acceleration? Because I know its supposed to emulate DS1 style aiming, and yeah....that shit was unbearable with a mouse. One of the few times I just said fuck it and plugged in a pad :X

The bit after the opening introduction with the ambush did set a bit of a poor impression but everything after that has been quite fun. The sidequests seem pretty cool and well done as well. Although I did just go through the issue of the game seemingly not saving my progress in one after saving and quitting but I'll chalk it up to user error as I had alt tabbed out during the process. Otherwise that seems silly to expect you to do it one go.

I will say though, that random crate match up puzzle was the fucking worst. My god did it go on forever, worst thing in the series yet. Hope nothing else like it exists.

Last impression, game looks amazing on the PC and has a wide variety of options. No clue why Visceral tried to talk it down so much. Textures might not be improved that much but it looks much better than the demo I played on the PS3. Great port or whatever one wants to call it.

Earl_Grey

Murdered By StarCreator
Just reached chapter 4. I have 22 medpacks and 320 rounds of ammunition for my plasma cutter.

I'm not impressed thus far.

Moff

I have a question about crafting /upgrading

now I found a few +1 damage upgrades, but weapons have only 4 upgrade slots.

Is it possible to somehow turn the +1 damage upgrade into a +2 damage upgrade if you have serveral of them? or will I find +2 ones?

You can find and craft +2 Damage circuits.

Apparently, you unlock +3 circuits after you beat Impossible. Going to make a beastly weapon for Hardcore, then.

What system you getting it on. I have it on every system so :D and glad you enjoyed the review. I think you will love the game.

I'm getting it on PC, which is where I played the first two. My copy should be here from amazon when I get in after work (after my run, and shower...). I'm hoping to get a good three hours or so in today. I replayed a small bit of 2 last night just to reacquaint myself with the pad controls.

I will be trying to play the game in 3D on my HMZ as well. I suspect odds are good that the engine hasn't changed much from 2 and that the helix mod will still work, but if I have to go 2D I will. I expect I'm going to see Isaac walking through the snow with the credits rolling a few times before I settle down to really just play the game ;)

Based on impressions here from people I know loved DS2, as I did, I'm very optimistic that my optimism in this title, despite all the negativity was never misplaced.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
It upsets me that I can't run this game in 2880x1620@ 60fps :mad:

Turn shadows from 'soft high' or 'soft' to just 'high' and you'll be able to... probably.

edit : Played 3 hours, up to chapter 5, loving this game - even with the relatively weak/weird opening, when the game "opens up" I was like ":O ,yes... yes!", I'm constantly scared and on my toes but then again I was one of those pussies who thought ds1 and 2 were scary so your mileage may vary.

big_z

i noticed using fullscreen aspect ratio you see more. the widescreen is simply black bars layered on top of the screen to give a widescreen ratio. same lame shit that the first bioshock pulled.

EDIT: weird now it works correctly in widescreen. must be a bug.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Question for you folks who might have pre-ordered the PS3 version from PSN.

Did your guys version come with any special DLC?

I didn't think they could outdo Extraction. I'm hoping there's some MGS4 shenanigans going on
Nate dying and becoming a necromorph still annoys the heck out of me. I mean yeah, he was armless for that last section of the game but still, it seemed like he would make it. Plus I dont like Gabe.

Jarmel

Banned
On Chapter 8, need to take a break.

People will fucking HATE Chapter 5 and 6. If you hated the ending of DS2 with the regenerator, you will fucking hate Chapter 6 in particular. So much bullshit. So much. I actually liked the end of DS2 and Chapter 6 has almost soured me on DS3 altogether.

Another thing, sometimes this game will just throw hordes of Necros at you. The higher difficulties are going to be a damn nightmare.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
At least it looks pretty.

ds3_1qkzdk.png

ds3_35ra3b.png

luxarific

Nork unification denier

big_z

so with vsync the game runs at 30 and looks poo.
with vsync off my 670tgx goes into meltdown mode.
turning vsync on in the nvidia control panel doesnt solve the problem.

is there a way to vsync and get the game to run at 60? i rather not turn my computer into an oven.

Corky

is there a way to vsync and get the game to run at 60? i rather not turn my computer into an oven.

D3doverrider will let you force triplebuffered vsync across any game you want. One of them most vital softwares for me as a pc gamer, can't play without it.

Moff

what problem?
If i disable vsync ingame and force it through nvidia control I get 60fps.

gdt

d3doverrider

AndyBNV

Nvidia
FOV post of mine from a couple pages back:

This PC conversion is far from a straight port. It looks a lot better than the console versions, the menus and controls are better than those found in many PC-only games, and the system.txt config file in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\EA Games\Dead Space 3 lets you change the FOV.

Default:

1.4:

big_z

D3doverrider will let you force triplebuffered vsync across any game you want. One of them most vital softwares for me as a pc gamer, can't play without it.

is there a webpage to get the latest d3doverrider?

what problem?
If i disable vsync ingame and force it through nvidia control I get 60fps.

doesnt work for me, the temps still rocket up. maybe alt tabbing out of the game to change the setting doesnt work. i will check.

Mupod

I think the only complaint I have about the PC version is that the skiff area transition is just a low res FMV, heh. I understand it's a replacement for a load screen and would be pretty cool if it wasn't so jarring compared to everything around it being high res.

Corky

is there a webpage to get the latest d3doverrider?

Here, when installing rivatuner just opt to install d3doverrider as it's bundled with the setup.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=163

I think the only complaint I have about the PC version is that the skiff area transition is just a low res FMV, heh. I understand it's a replacement for a load screen and would be pretty cool if it wasn't so jarring compared to everything around it being high res.

I agree, I wish it wasn't some low bitrate bink video ( whatever it looks like ). Other than that I have no complaints and this port is just as good if not better than DS2 ( which in itself was miles ahead of DS1 )

Top Bottom