• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 3 |OT| Can I Play With Madness?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
SCIENCE! (TM)

Also I assume the train of thought in the meeting was: it's hard to make a hot chick with one eye.

So lame. I didn't really care about Ellie anyway but it would have been cool if she'd become some space pirate type with one eye rather than someone who looks like a Hooters waitress.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
The game takes place in a future where everyone's vital signs are placed on their backs...

It would have made less sense for her to leave the hole there, instead of getting a fake/new eye. SCIENCE is the best answer.

Quick question is Lexine Murdoch mention in DS3?

well assuming she drop off the face of the disc, if she does not appear in DS3...then she could appear in DLC... interested in her story line from DS2:S

Replicant

What is going on with save points in this game? I just played for about an hour, saw it auto-save, then quit. Came back, and the save file it loads is at the beginning of the chapter, and I lost an entire hour of game play.

What the hell is going on? When it auto-saves, it's not actually saving?

Maybe it's like RE6? Don't quit unless you're about to see a cut scene just to be safe?

Google didn't turn up a good DS3 pic for comparison, so I took the liberty:

Dead Space 2:
ngbbs4d5823e706937.jpg

Dead Space 3:
ellie_DS3_zpsac9e09bd.png

Geebuz, why did they have to tart her up? She looked great in DS2.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Man, that new Ellie looks pretty bad. Maybe it'll be better when I see it in game, but that shot is just a mess of tits and makeup.

Scrabble

Hey folks women can have natural big breasts you know, it is a real thing. As far why they got bigger from dead space 2, maybe boob jobs are more common and respected in the future, like someone getting braces. And yes i'm kidding it is kind of ridiculous.

Hey folks women can have natural big breasts you know, it is a real thing. As far why they got bigger from dead space 2, maybe boob jobs are more common and respected in the future, like someone getting braces. And yes i'm kidding it is kind of ridiculous.

Going by those two shots posted above they look about the same size.

Truant

I'm actually liking this a lot more than 2.

Riding around in my space copter, exploring the debris field is awesome. I kinda wish the entire game was like this.

Just landed on the ice planet after 6 hours. How far am I? Does the game sour after the "non-linear" section in space?

Draft

:lol the tits. Come on! There has got to be one ultra horny exec at EA running around delivering notes demanding big, fat, firm, juicy, exposed, heaving, glistening, ripe succulent TITTIES on every female character. Ashley got them, now Ellie's got them, if EA ever gets around to making another Medal of Honor I'm betting on a M-16 with a giant pair of boobs inexplicably bolted onto the stock.

Replicant

:lol the tits. Come on! There has got to be one ultra horny exec at EA running around delivering notes demanding big, fat, firm, juicy, exposed, heaving, glistening, ripe succulent TITTIES on every female character. Ashley got them, now Ellie's got them,

Now I'm trying to decide which one of them has scarier makeover. Ashley practically looked like Michael Jackson post surgeries in her ME3 incarnation. Brrrr.

Andrew.

Banned
Fuck it. I'll bite. These polarizing reviews have got me intrigued out the ass. I need to see this for myself. Gonna leave work in a few and find a copy.

Ashley got them, now Ellie's got them,

Ellie always had them. It depends on what the girl is wearing. In Dead Space 2 she was dressed in thicker attire and they still looked big, so yes, they're going to look somewhat bigger in more revealing clothing.

I do think she looks worse though overall based on that pic above at least. Her design seemed more charming or something in DS2.

Ricker

About the co-op...let's say I am playing single player and I am up to chapter 6 and decide to save and quit and join my friends game who is in chapter 3,we reach chapter 4...can I go back after and continue my single player that was at chapter 6 or will I be at the end of the co-op play chapter 4...?

Andrew.

Banned
Is the "Complete All Side Missions" trophy only attainable if you finish the co-op ones as well? I'm gonna guess yes.

If so, that sucks as I really dont do the co op thang.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Ellie always had them. It depends on what the girl is wearing. In Dead Space 2 she was dressed in thicker attire and they still looked big, so yes, they're going to look somewhat bigger in more revealing clothing.

I do think she looks worse though overall based on that pic above at least. Her design seemed more charming or something in DS2.

Yea, I don't see the issue. It's not like she starts the game off the same way she did in DS 2. Though, I'll miss her having her big ass gun.

To you guys who changed the OS date to unlock early, how?

I've changed mine and set Origin to offline mode but it keeps asking me to either sign in or enter a product key. If I sign in, it tells me it can't be used with this E-mail and if I use the PK, it tells me it's already been used.

Great game. Playing solo on PC. I'm not terribly far into it. I've done the first optional quest and I'm on the next main quest. I was a bit terrified to discover that Mr.
Invincibility
makes an early appearance.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
To you guys who changed the OS date to unlock early, how?

I've changed mine and set Origin to offline mode but it keeps asking me to either sign in or enter a product key. If I sign in, it tells me it can't be used with this E-mail and if I use the PK, it tells me it's already been used.

make sure to stay actually offline, remove the ethernet cable if needed.

I think I'll be waiting for a price drop before picking this up primarily because I never got around to finishing DS2. Glad to see that it's got a fair amount of content and people are enjoying.

Jarmel

Banned
Let me come out and say this. I'm on Chapter 13.

No matter how this story ends up, it's fucking awful. Really fucking awful. There are some really atrocious plot elements in this game that needed to be completely ripped out. I'm literally asking myself why. Why?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
A better question about Ellie in DS3 is *why does she have 2 eyes?*

Strauss gouged her eye out in DS2, and now in this one she has 2 eyes again...

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
A better question about Ellie in DS3 is *why does she have 2 eyes?*

Strauss gauged her eye out in DS2, and now in this one she has 2 eyes again...

It's explained in a text log pickup right at the beginning of the game in your apartment.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Fake eye? Lame.

She was a bit of a badass in DS2, she should have been the coop partner in this, not some wierd new guy. Isaac and an eyepatched up Ellie kicking necromorph ass, that'd have been cool.

ttocs

Fake eye? Lame.

She was a bit of a badass in DS2, she should have been the coop partner in this, not some wierd new guy. Isaac and an eyepatched up Ellie kicking necromorph ass, that'd have been cool.

I second that idea. Having a hot woman with an eye patch would stir things up in the gaming world that seems to have a one sides view of how women should look.

quickwhips

Just picked this up on xbox. I'm looking for a coop partner if anyone wants to run through it I don't care what difficulty add me on Xbox. I'm east coast so like anytime at 7pm is usually good. GT=Quickwhips

I don't know if this was allowed or not if not I'll remove it.

Andrew.

Banned
Alright I scored a copy and it's some Limited Edition with two additonal suits (Witness Protection and First Contact) and this Evangelizer and Negotiator weapon.

Does anyone know what the benefits of these additions are, if any? Are they worth unlocking and more importantly, holding on to?

Mupod

Fake eye. You can also tell because different eye color.

not 'Fake' actually, they have limb/organ replacement in the dead space universe. If you look around one of the medlabs in the first game you can see little drawers and such that are apparently full of cloned limbs/fingers etc. Subtle and kind of creepy. I'd post the screenshot but I'm at work.

Top Bottom