• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 3 |OT| Can I Play With Madness?

RoKKeR

tumblr_mhhau3oX801qdrfdro2_500.jpg
Holy shit. LOL

She was a bit of a badass in DS2, she should have been the coop partner in this, not some wierd new guy. Isaac and an eyepatched up Ellie kicking necromorph ass, that'd have been cool.

Yeah...I'm just watching bits of some walkthroughs on youtube and I kind of wish they didn't have the indiscriminate time jump from DS2 to DS3, but instead just picked up right after DS2. That way you wouldn't have the stupid love triangle BS and could have had coop with eyepatched Ellie.

nel e nel

not 'Fake' actually, they have limb/organ replacement in the dead space universe. If you look around one of the medlabs in the first game you can see little drawers and such that are apparently full of cloned limbs/fingers etc. Subtle and kind of creepy. I'd post the screenshot but I'm at work.

It was also the backdrop for one of the No Known Survivors ARGs that was part of the DS1 marketing:

http://deadspace.wikia.com/wiki/No_Known_Survivors

Users take on the perspective of a psychologically deteriorating George Greggs, an organ replacement technician in his lab on the USG Ishimura's medical bay, where body parts are grown for injured crew members.

Andrew.

Banned
Well well well...

From the Dead Space wiki:

The Evangelizer is a new weapon revealed in Dead Space 3. included in the "Witness the Truth" bundle obtained by pre-ordering the Limited Edition. It is a modified AL-2 assault rifle with an Emerson 2100 Shotgun underbarrel secondary attachment. This exclusive edition features Unitology symbols etched into the body, similar to many DLC weapons from previous games.

sounds good to me

Build Suggestion:

Made this build in the firing range; AR top, shotgun bottom. Nodes should be: Top: enough damage nodes to max damage stat, with whatever slots you have left open, firing speed or reload. Bottom: all firing speed, the secret to the shotgun is find that medium range sweet-spot so your pellets can hit as many limbs as possible, putting in damage if there is room left; faster shotgun fire rate allows you to recover due to a usual 2-round kill.

Sounds like this is one weapon I will have on me at all times. Need that shotty.

Tacitus_

Ellie didn't look that... disproportionate on my screen. Though her shirt choice was clearly pandering to a certain demographic.
That aside, after the rocky start it's settled right into what I expected from a Dead Space game. Tight spaces, creepy noises and anxiety from monsters rushing me and trying to kill me.
Anyone got any luck with a VPN early unlock for us Euro's?

Can't use VPN's with Origin AFAIK.

I used VPN to play it just now. This one.

Mupod

Gotta say the title screen sure reminds me of Hard Reset.

If only it had a 'yeah that was cool for about 5 minutes now give me normal menus' button like Hard Reset.

I really need to experiment with weapons more. I am far too dependent on the forcegun as a 'GET OFF ME OH GOD' weapon. It was useful in the original and even better in DS2 but the more aggressive necromorphs in 3 make it seem nearly essential. Plus now I don't even need to switch to it to fire it.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Well well well...

From the Dead Space wiki:

The Evangelizer is a new weapon revealed in Dead Space 3. included in the "Witness the Truth" bundle obtained by pre-ordering the Limited Edition. It is a modified AL-2 assault rifle with an Emerson 2100 Shotgun underbarrel secondary attachment. This exclusive edition features Unitology symbols etched into the body, similar to many DLC weapons from previous games.

The Evangelizer is great - I'm still using it. The other weapon, the Negotiator, sounds like it would be cool, but I can't seem to kill anything with it.

Added my info

Thanks, I'm just going to send a friend request to anyone who has the PC version. Need to finish single player first though. :)

Just picked this up on xbox. I'm looking for a coop partner if anyone wants to run through it I don't care what difficulty add me on Xbox. I'm east coast so like anytime at 7pm is usually good. GT=Quickwhips

I don't know if this was allowed or not if not I'll remove it.

Quickwhips and anyone else who wants to play co-op - add your info here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvVTeLshUYP1dDhhREx1NGZyb0ZuYS1kTFJUb2piRUE#gid=0

So, I ran into a game blocking bug.
In the Eudora, trying to let the Army dudes into the abandoned Soverign Colony ship, the switch that is supposed to open the door won't work. So I can't let them into the ship.

Aside from that, game is amazing. Manages to be scary still.

Ricker

About the co-op...let's say I am playing single player and I am up to chapter 6 and decide to save and quit and join my friends game who is in chapter 3,we reach chapter 4...can I go back after and continue my single player that was at chapter 6 or will I be at the end of the co-op play chapter 4...?

Anyone??

gdt

Played for about 2 hours +. Just started Chapter 4. Awesome stuff, very Dead Space-y people. Ellie does not look that different on screen, I swear. Sure she has that shirt on, but its not crazy or anything.

Dr Dogg

Sods bloody law. I ordered this Monday night and nothing turned up today but oddly got shipping confirmation that my copy of The Art of Dead Space is on its way. I don't want to peek at it and spoil the game but the hassle of picking up a copy at retail and then returning my amazon order is too much of a pain. I guess I'm just lazy but still judging by the impressions in here I'm still 50/50 on this.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Reading Liberation while I take a break from studying. I find it irksome when someone spells 'lose' as 'loose' on forums and Facebook or whatever, but it blows my mind when it's in something that's actually published. Aside from that, I'm thinking it'll serve as a good lead-in for DS3 this evening. Within the first few pages, they give Carver good reason to be a bit unstable.

He guns down his necrmorphed (would that be right?) wife and son, who were killed in an attack led by Danik.

Mupod

About the co-op...let's say I am playing single player and I am up to chapter 6 and decide to save and quit and join my friends game who is in chapter 3,we reach chapter 4...can I go back after and continue my single player that was at chapter 6 or will I be at the end of the co-op play chapter 4...?

Anyone??

That's a good question. I really hope progress is saved seperately, I know your inventory should be persistent at least. I've been playing since yesterday but my friend ordered the physical PC version, and we've been looking forward to co-op.

Muffdraul

Just got my Amazon delivery, won't get to play it until I get home tonight.

PS3 version. Someone please tell me 1080i on the back of the case is a fucking typo. DS1 and 2 were 1080p by default, so was the DS3 demo.

Andrew.

Banned
Someone please tell me 1080i on the back of the case is a fucking typo. DS1 and 2 were 1080p by default, so was the DS3 demo.

Yeah I noticed that too. Weird. If it's no typo, what is the difference between 720p and 1080i? Will it really make a difference?

legacyzero

Banned
-25% on GMG is the best I can find at the mo.

Edit: Actually looking at it, it's not that awesome. £34.99 and then gmg25-t6jv8-1npba for -25% off. I'm sure it'll be cheaper on Amazon soon.

That code is not working for me...

You have no appropriate items in your basket to apply this voucher to. Please note that we do not accept vouchers for games which are on special offer.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Well dang, at first I didn't notice anything odd about Ellie but at the start of chapter 10 I took a good look at her face and holy hell it looks like plastic surgery gone wrong :/

legacyzero

Banned
Huh? Might be a UK/EU thing. Just tried it and it does knock -25% off. Here's the exact case I used and pasted in.

GMG25-T6JV8-1NPBA

And I'm blind as well it was £39.99 and with the voucher went to £30 dead so I'm assuming it's going to be $59.99.

yep, it must not be available in the USA at the moment..

Xander51

I see that the final game still has universal ammo. I got jumped on in the demo thread for complaining about it and people insisted the final game wouldn't have universal ammo. Oh well.

Mupod

I see that the final game still has universal ammo. I got jumped on in the demo thread for complaining about it and people insisted the final game wouldn't have universal ammo. Oh well.

We were specifically told that it was a placeholder for the E3 demo, so yeah I dunno.

Muffdraul

We were specifically told that it was a placeholder for the E3 demo, so yeah I dunno.

It was never stated by Visceral, it was some numbnuts journalist who obviously didn't know what he was talking about. And then virtually every gaming website in existence picked it up and reported it as well.

Top Bottom