• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space |OT|

BlizzyAzz

Official sites with a lot of cool content:
http://www.deadspacegame.com
http://www.noknownsurvivors.com

concept_leaper_download_052308.jpg

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Oh man, I simply cannot WAIT for this game! I'm finishing up SH:H tonight, which is going to put me right into the correct mindset for Dead Space next week. I watched back through all of the animated comics yesterday while at work. Such awesomeness!

Good job on the thread Costanza!

Just watched the all the comics in one sitting. Never really gave this game any attention, but wow, I really like the comics.

Depressing shit. ;_;

Tarin02543

I'm buying this game just for atmosphere alone, it looks like the perfect cross between re4/doom3. I want to turn on the blackhole machine! (god event horizon is such a cool movie).

raYne said:
The 360's suit is way too dark in that pic..

20sitmd.jpg
2vv54z7.jpg

The PS3 suit's color scheme is still much better. <3

I really like the design of the armour, it has some kind of clinical/sadomasochist/executioner feel to it. Even the 3 dot crosshair have that strange feeling. The more I look at this game, the more I love it's design.

MidiSurf

Banned
raYne said:
The 360's suit is way too dark in that pic..

http://i36.tinypic.com/20sitmd.jpg[IMG][IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/2vv54z7.jpg[IMG]
The PS3 suit's color scheme is still much better. <3[/QUOTE]

I have a question considering the X0 suit, will the green color on the helmet turn red when you die :lol

And I actually perfert the X0 suit over the PS3 suit.

grendelrt

Awesome thanks to the OP for starting this thread. Think I am going with PS3 version, I like the suit more. I might have done the PC version but I am hearing the controls are gimped and there isnt much else extra there.

raYne

MidiSurf said:
I have a question considering the X0 suit, will the green color on the helmet turn red when you die :lol
:lol

Hypertrooper said:
Where can i get the Xbox 360 Only Suit? Over Xbl Marketplace?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13031380&postcount=1
Players who buy the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 versions of the game within the first two weeks of the game&#8217;s release will have the opportunity to download a platform exclusive suit. Xbox 360 fans can download the Xbox-themed Elite Suit* on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace and PLAYSTATION 3 fans can download the PlayStation-themed Obsidian Suit* on the PLAYSTATION®Network. Both of these suits will feature new looks and increased toughness and inventory slots, to help players fight for survival in the Dead Space universe.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
No matter what caliber the game is, these are the OP's I prefer: short, but with all the essential info, good jon

I'm excited for this game, it's been a while since I played a good horror game. The US version better be region free.

Wag

They briefly showed some footage of the Downfall animation in the OCT QORE and it looks pretty good. I'll probably wait a while until I pick up both, I'm sure this is the type of BLU most people will want to get rid of once they watched it and played the game of through once.

IGN Head to Head on the two console versions of Dead space: http://insider.ign.com/articles/918/918625p1.html

According to them the only real difference between the systems is that the PS3 has slightly less load times (which they mention are pretty bad) when loading from a save. They said everything else was equal, but IGN isn't exactly the best source.

Oh, and for those wondering, PS3 version has aim/shoot on the R1/L1 buttons.

Azar

Definitely picking this up next week, though I might wait till the weekend to play it. I will be playing it in the darkness and basking in how awesomely fucking creepy it is.

mint

Banned
Only really care about this game. I'm gonna play in dark lights. Im ready, scare me. I just hope my computer can handle it :(

3.0ghz dual core 2
8800gts 640
2gigs

Jeseus

Linkzg said:
IGN Head to Head on the two console versions of Dead space: http://insider.ign.com/articles/918/918625p1.html

According to them the only real difference between the systems is that the PS3 has slightly less load times (which they mention are pretty bad) when loading from a save. They said everything else was equal, but IGN isn't exactly the best source.

Oh, and for those wondering, PS3 version has aim/shoot on the R1/L1 buttons.

PS3 version has worse particle effects ....

headtoheaddeadspace2008ju2.jpg

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
rainer516 said:
This is the game that was supposed to be System Shock 3 right?
Big shoes to fill, those are.

Have the PC spec requirement come out yet? I'm not in a position of any concern, but I'd like to know regardless. Day 1 either way.
Jeseus said:
PS3 version has worse particle effects ....
And heeeere we go...

Angst

Great screenshots! Those tell me everything I need to know!

Seriously, what am I supposed to see here?:lol

The game looks really good and I will be there day 1. (on PS3)

mjc

Day one, 360. We shall put aside petty system wars (I know, this is GAF) and enjoy this great addition to the survival horror genre.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Those comics were awesome, definitely got me intrigued about the story behind the game. I used paypal credit to buy this so I'll have it by Friday.

garath said:
What does that screenshot show? I see little difference and certainly nothing resembling "worse particle effects".

Look at blood and there is a small difference.

However,, when you have lots of these frames going on at the same time, it will hardly make a difference :lol

Personally though, I think I'll be getting it for 360.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Just finished watching those web comics, thanks for the links. It looks like EA is really going all out for this game especially with the blu-ray anime. I downloaded the PS3 suit so I think I might pre-order at EB for the scorpion suit.

Truant

The versions look identical, which is awesome.

I'm getting it for the 360, but only because I like the controller better for this type of game. Great job, EA.

360 version preordered and paid for. This will be my first current gen survival horror experience. Survival horror hasn't been done yet with this level of graphical detail. Some of my favorite horror movies are Alien, The Thing, and Event Horizon. I particularly like the choice of protagonist name Isaac
Asimov, Arthur C.
Clarke.

Alucard

Banned
I wish I had the money to buy a PS3 or Xbox 360 for this game. I <3 sci-fi, and this looks like a great game in the spirit of films like Alien.

EDIT: Trying to watch the comic strip films, but the writing is awwwwful and tries way too hard to be cool and hardcore. Meh...hope it gets better.

I didn't get a full look at the artbook, but based on what I saw at Gamestop, they're small.

By the way, if someone manages to grab an extra artbook that they would be willing to give away, would you let me know? The Gamestops around me only have enough for preorders, and I really wanted one.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I input the free scorpion rig code 360 version and it doesn't work. I guess MS/EA didn't put it up yet.

Top Bottom