• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space |OT|

Costanza

Banned
RadioHeadAche said:
I didn't get a full look at the artbook, but based on what I saw at Gamestop, they're small.

By the way, if someone manages to grab an extra artbook that they would be willing to give away, would you let me know? The Gamestops around me only have enough for preorders, and I really wanted one.
You can grab a preorder box for 5 bucks at Best Buy. I plan on doing that tonight.

Mindlog

I wish we could get a new sub-forums dedicated to cross platform comparisons >_<
imo it would improve a lot of conversations in this forum just me spit balling ideas of course :]

I really wanted to buy Dead Space, but it seems like a rental to me. However, with the serendipitous timing of the TRU241 deal I can easily see myself grabbing this for $40. Can't wait to play with the lights out, screen huge and headphones ready to go. Will be playing Dead Space followed by Silent Hill. Horror goodness back to back.

Plissken

Event Horizon and The Thing are 2 of my favorite horror films, so this game looked appealing to me when I first heard about it. Now, having viewed the comics (thanks for the links, btw), my hype for this game has easily doubled. What was a "will pick up eventually" title has turned into a day one purchase for me.

Combine

Banned
The comics are great and provide a very nice backstory to the game. Hopefully little details that the player encounters during the game will have greater meaning with the knowledge of how things began.

garath

Going PS3 myself. With the versions so similar I always prefer my PS3 in multi-platform games. UI, controller, etc.

I still don't see much of a difference in the screen shots, but this is not the place for it. In a true apples to apples we're looking at something so similar that it doesn't matter in the slightest.

Az987

all good things
man i wish I had more money to buy this.. ill get it sometime later though but theres just to many games i want hitting in a 3 week period

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Costanza said:
toys r us sale dude
I have all 10 games about paid. I've love to partake but 10 is enough for me. I just added SOCOM today when I had no plans of buying due to the lack of funds but it worked out after selling some accessories. And I found out Gamestop buys some bluetooth headsets.

JB1981

Watched the PS3 footage on QORE and the game looks great on the console. Maybe a scene or two with an iffy framerate but overall it looks like a carbon copy of the 360 game (I'm sure there will be image rendering differences) but it looks like the same game overall. I just upgraded by HDD so I'm a little torn as to what do do. Ya think Sony will allow us to install to the HDD in the future? That's a damn good feature ......

GCQuinton

Been excited about this game since it was announced in Game Informer last year. Can't wait :D

The Simpsons Game had a Dead Space parody poster (Homer in a suit..the game was called Wasted Space) in it last year on the movie theater level, but I can't find it anywhere online.

LiquidMetal14

JB1981 said:
Watched the PS3 footage on QORE and the game looks great on the console. Maybe a scene or two with an iffy framerate but overall it looks like a carbon copy of the 360 game (I'm sure there will be image rendering differences) but it looks like the same game overall. I just upgraded by HDD so I'm a little torn as to what do do. Ya think Sony will allow us to install to the HDD in the future? That's a damn good feature ......
Lucky for you a lot of games come with HDD installs. How big? It's funny because when I upgraded my HDD I have not bought a lot of games with HDD installs. I welcome them for sure. You still buying SOCOM? I paid it off today.

knitoe

X360 for me. Hate DS controller somce PS1 days. Plus, 99% of time, X360 ends up being better version after all comparisons are done.

senahorse

To the OP:

Can you add, Preorder Dead Space at EB in Australia and you get the Dead Space movie for free.

143178_deal.jpg

Big-E

I think I will get the 360 version merely to bump up my 360 library. On my shelf, I stack my PS3 and 360 games next to each other and the PS3 pile is about 4 games larger now.

EdgeTurn

Shogun said:
I love that the characters name is Isaac Clarke, paying tribute to the greats right there.

See, to me that's like the one bad thing about the game - I find it really distracting. I'm incredibly psyched for this game but that really hurt my initial impressions. Why not call him Arthur Asimov while they're at it? Or Ridley Spielberg? ;)

~Kinggi~

Banned
Im most interested in the fact they bothered to provide some good story context here. A game like this doesnt even need that but it definitely sets things up for sequels. I cant wait for this.

MiniDitka

RadioHeadAche said:
I didn't get a full look at the artbook, but based on what I saw at Gamestop, they're small.

Just got back from Gamestop with the book and its pretty nice. Its not very big but fairly thick and comes with 3d glasses :D

Rlan

x3n05 said:
To the OP:

Can you add, Preorder Dead Space at EB in Australia and you get the Dead Space movie for free.

143178_deal.jpg

They're probably selling it for $30 more than JB Hifi Unfortunately :lol

mjc

I picked up the artbook tonight when I reserved the game at Gamestop. It's got small pages but the quality is pretty good.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Game reminds me a lot of Silent Hill 2 and Condemned. Do want. Will get.

MiniDitka said:
Just got back from Gamestop with the book and its pretty nice. Its not very big but fairly thick and comes with 3d glasses :D

It's a bit sad, but I'm willing to pay $15 for one on Ebay. Hopefully, my friend can get an extra copy, so I won't have to resort to that.

Rlan

x3n05 said:
That's probably true. Though being that I am getting the PC version, I don't have much choice :(.

Eh, preorder and see if they'll price match and still give you the DVD. JB is selling it for $79 I think. I'd check Ecogamer but it looks like they were hacked for some reason.

tanod

when is my burrito
After being on a self-imposed no-new-games (except for PSN/XBLA) policy all year, Dead Space PS3 is the first one I'm picking up. Then LBP and R2. WOOT!

Already downloaded the DLC suit.

Have there been any impressions of the PC version? I'm curious if PC users will be able to up the shadow resolution since it appears rather low on consoles.

ultim8p00

Banned
I want a sequel that explores how that guy in the online comics ended up. I know that girl with him got killed by those things and he ended up alone.

I saw that this got a 6.5 in the newest (dec) issue of OXM.

Anyone else confirm this?

Also in that issue: (FYI)
Fallout 3 -10
Fable 2 - 9.5

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
EdgeTurn said:
See, to me that's like the one bad thing about the game - I find it really distracting. I'm incredibly psyched for this game but that really hurt my initial impressions. Why not call him Arthur Asimov while they're at it? Or Ridley Spielberg? ;)

the average person will never notice. hell, i'm an english major who's read tons of books--sci-fi included--and i didn't pick up on it until i read someone pointing it out here.

McLovin

I was gonna get it on ps3.. but I keep forgetting I have a decent pc. I might as well save 10 bucks and get the pc version.

LiquidMetal14

MikeE21286 said:
I saw that this got a 6.5 in the newest (dec) issue of OXM.

Anyone else confirm this?

Also in that issue: (FYI)
Fallout 3 -10
Fable 2 - 9.5
You seen it but need confirmation? If it's fact it's fact. No review can deter me of this game.

LiquidMetal14 said:
You seen it but need confirmation? If it's fact it's fact. No review can deter me of this game.

I saw it on another message board.....which is why I was not pawning it off as 100% fact. I do not in fact have an issue of the magazine myself.

Azar

EdgeTurn said:
That's retarded. It's just an homage. Unless you dislike the authors, that's a terrible reason for it to "really hurt your initial impressions."

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
ultim8p00 - put a spoiler on your post please, chief. Thanks

Costanza

Banned
I just realized that my PS3 harddrive is full and I don't want to delete anything right now. Does anyone know if the game needs an install? If it does... then 360 version it is.

also I picked up the artbook at best buy. awesome stuff :D

Iced_Eagle said:
Look at blood and there is a small difference.

However,, when you have lots of these frames going on at the same time, it will hardly make a difference :lol

Personally though, I think I'll be getting it for 360.

shit how the fuck do you sleep at night when the ps3 version is clearly superior in multi games...

Mar

Unregistered007 said:
shit how the fuck do you sleep at night when the ps3 version is clearly superior in multi games...

10woca8.png

Looking forward to Dead Space. Has it already been rated by the Australian ratings thing? I'm wondering if we'll have another banned game on our hands.

Unregistered007 said:

Both versions are equivalent. Did you see those screen-shots? THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE! Enough of this bullshit. Talk about the game.

Top Bottom