• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space |OT|

buffi

Banned
I found force gun to be easily the best weapon in the game. Clearing impossible was a breeze with it. First use primary fire to knock down the enemy and then lob one or two grenades at them for quick kills.

Works great against groups as well and murders those swarm of annoying creatures which jump up on your back better than any other weapon.

Mar

buffi said:
I found force gun to be easily the best weapon in the game. Clearing impossible was a breeze with it. First use primary fire to knock down the enemy and then lob one or two grenades at them for quick kills.

Works great against groups as well and murders those swarm of annoying creatures which jump up on your back better than any other weapon.

Ahh that's right. That gun destroyed everything. I powered it up after I finished the game just to get the achievement for killing 30 dudes with it. It wipes out everything. It's going to be my pick if I ever decide to go impossible mode too.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Wark said:
Well, I was just assuming. I could be wrong and it could be one big coincidence. :lol
I highly doubt you were wrong.

"You have a boyfriend?"
*nods*
"You want to see him again?"
*nods*
"Good girl!"

Yeah it was Nicole.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
So,
since Nicole was dead all along, who flipped the switch for Isaac when he was locked into that necro-filled room with her? Maybe it was just another quarantine situation and there wasn't a switch at all

Darunia said:
So,
since Nicole was dead all along, who flipped the switch for Isaac when he was locked into that necro-filled room with her? Maybe it was just another quarantine situation and there wasn't a switch at all

Yeah you can pretty much interpret it that way and yep
she was dead all along

buffi

Banned
An interesting thing is that if you
let the monsters kill Nicole in that scene you will get Game Over and the message Nicole has died will be displayed, which technically is true I guess

GuessWho

Darunia said:
So,

ok but then why were they attacking her?

shpankey

not an idiot
AgentOtaku said:
And yes, as of right now, this is honestly my Game of the Year as far as games I've played and finished :D
Agreed. In fact, this IS my GotY (hands down). This game is so fucking awesome in every way. I very seriously doubt anything will top it for me either. This is the best of Resident Evil 4 and Doom 3. I love the pacing. I love the atmosphere, the sound, music, upgrading, boss battles, creepiness. Everything.

S. L.

Lumine said:
Hey, could someone post the button layout for the PS3 version?

I bought the PC version, but it seems like a game where controls are more fun with a controller than keyboard/mouse. I want to try it by hooking up my ps2 controller to my PC.

how do i configure my gamepad in dead space?

kuYuri

Damn. Sometimes, I only think I want to play like 30 minutes of Dead Space, but then I end up playing like 2 hours. This game is too good.

SPEA

Just beat it. I really really enjoyed it. Right now it's tied with Fable 2 for my GOTY. It had a few down spots, but overall, I was very impressed pretty much all the way through.

peetfeet

Finished it last night and have 50% in trophies, i must have played the last 7 chapters using the flame thrower as a primary weapon to get the 30 kills trophy still havent got it, damn thing keeps running out lol. I guess i gotta take a leg off or two before finishing them off with it... time to restart.

Lumine

Aeon712 said:
L1-Aim
L2-Run
R1-Melee
R2-Curbstomp
Select-Map
Triangle-Inventory
Square-Healt Packs
X-Action
R3-Nav System
L1+R1-Shoot
L1+R2-Alt Fire
L1+X-Reload
L1+Circle-Kinesis
L1+Square-Stasis
L1+Triangle=Jump in Zero G

Thanks!

Unfortunately it didn't really work. For whatever reason the game recognizes the controller, but not properly. It won't let me reconfigure the buttons and the right stick is somehow extra inverted. As in, tilting it to the left will make me look down.

So I guess it's back to keyboard/mouse for me. Shame, controller seems much more fitting.

i cant afford this game right now but i was dying to play so i finally found a copy in stock at blockbuster. should i want until tonight to play? is it one of those games that is definitely better if you play in the dark?

Returners

Memphis Reigns said:
i cant afford this game right now but i was dying to play so i finally found a copy in stock at blockbuster. should i want until tonight to play? is it one of those games that is definitely better if you play in the dark?

and turn up the volume!

shpankey

not an idiot
Memphis Reigns said:
absolutely. also, crank up the sound, which is some of the best i've ever heard in a game. then this game will IMMERSE your ass! trust me. :D

edit: beaten on both counts! :lol

Scarecrow

Just beat it earlier today. It was really great.

That final battle is kind of what I was hoping the final battle of Halo 3 would be like.

ALso, what the hell is Peng? I saw an achievement about finding some secret stash, and I've seen signs for it. What is it?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Memphis Reigns said:
DEFINITELY better when it's dark. Like, 5 times better.

BeeDog

Scarecrow said:
Just beat it earlier today. It was really great.

That final battle is kind of what I was hoping the final battle of Halo 3 would be like.

ALso, what the hell is Peng? I saw an achievement about finding some secret stash, and I've seen signs for it. What is it?

It's a trophy you can pick up in chapter 11
when you return back to the start of the game (where the ship you arrived in exploded). It's in between the two looong walkways there, grab it with kinesis. You can then sell it for 30000 credits.

Ok, need help.
The room where you plant the homing beacon on the asteroid... tried slwoing the asteroid, the arms (no effect) and both of the spinning things on the other side of the room. Nothing seems to slow the arms meaning I die if I try to plant the beacon. WTF?

Mar

BeeDog said:
It's a trophy you can pick up in SPOILAR when you return back to the SPOILAR. It's in between the SPOILAR, grab it with kinesis. You can then sell it for 30000 credits.

People are really shit at using spoiler tags.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
frankthurk said:
Ok, need help.
The room where you plant the homing beacon on the asteroid... tried slwoing the asteroid, the arms (no effect) and both of the spinning things on the other side of the room. Nothing seems to slow the arms meaning I die if I try to plant the beacon. WTF?

Don't worry about the arms. Aim to the edge of the asteroid and shoot yourself to it when the rings are passing. Then run to the other side of the asteroid where the arms won't hit you.

frankthurk said:
Ok, need help.
Jump for the spot where the arms are right when they start moving to a new position. Run to the backside of the asteroid, and the arms won't hit you there. Just be careful you don't run out of air and watch your timing on the way back.

BeeDog

frankthurk said:
Ok, need help.

You can't slow down the arms that move over the asteroid. You have to time them, and RUN OUTSIDE of the asteroid/ship to plant it (there are two more tractor beams out there you have to destroy).

Mar

frankthurk said:
Ok, need help.

Beaten twice.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
frankthurk said:
Ok, need help.

First: you do know you're supposed to stasis those spinning devices (4 in total) and then shoot a node inside right? There are 2 on the inside, 2 on the outside. How to get outside? Just zero g jump as close to the asteroid as possible, then time your jump on the asteroid so that you have just enough time to run to the other side. Once there, you need to destroy the other spinners and plant the beacon. There are also lurkers eh... lurking there so be careful, but quick. Once you've planted the beacon, zero g jump back inside

edit: so beaten.

MarkMacD

peetfeet said:
Finished it last night and have 50% in trophies, i must have played the last 7 chapters using the flame thrower as a primary weapon to get the 30 kills trophy still havent got it, damn thing keeps running out lol. I guess i gotta take a leg off or two before finishing them off with it... time to restart.

Try using the alt-fire on it -- it's a much more ammo-efficient way to get those kills

Morts

Started my Impossible run today after three playthroughs on Medium. Game got a lot more intense, I have to buy ammo and actually use Stasis in combat. Got through Chapter 5 though, so I think I can pull it off.

Question though: Do the
ADS cannon segments
change with the difficulty levels? Impossible didn't seem that much harder than Medium (meaning I can barely finish either), but I feel my only hope for
getting the two secret trophies
is this part is simpler on Easy.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Tron 2.0 said:
Help me out: Dead Space or Silent Hill: Homecoming?
DS

alexh

Wow, after the ending my mouth was just wide open

great game, great story

Only thing that ruined the ending was the OMGWTF NICOLE ZOMBIE? Thats quite a coincidence.. And did she kill herself or inject herself with necromorph morphing solution stuff?

Also, leaves moving in the wind on the ground look an awful lot like the necromorph spawn baby things

Phthisis

I finally read the comic tonight. Was pretty good, but I'm glad I played the game first. Knowing the origin of the necromorphs would have really sapped the setting and impact of the 12th level, IMO.

alexh said:
Only thing that ruined the ending was the OMGWTF NICOLE ZOMBIE? Thats quite a coincidence.. And did she kill herself or inject herself with necromorph morphing solution stuff?

Since you can recognize her, it's pretty safe to say it's not her. The Necromorphing process does crazy shit to the body, arms into crazy blades, open rib cages etc. to the point where it is no longer recognizable. She was probably just some random necro you killed on the medical deck, with the bit at the end being a hallucination.

Just my opinion.

alexh said:

I thought of that aswell but there doesn't seem to be any kind of solution to turn into a necromorph so she just kills herself

PedroLumpy said:
Since you can recognize her, it's pretty safe to say it's not her. The Necromorphing process does crazy shit to the body, arms into crazy blades, open rib cages etc. to the point where it is no longer recognizable. She was probably just some random necro you killed on the medical deck, with the bit at the end being a hallucination.

Just my opinion.

this is the same conclusion for me

Yoshichan

SaitoH said:
Question: What is the silver trophy between "Playing catch" and "Marksman"?
Kickin it
Escape from a Lurker's grab attack 10 times

Those are the babies with three tentacles.

Core407

Banned
The PS3 version had trophies? Damn - too bad I got it on PC. Wouldn't it be cool if you could link the game to your PS3 and acquire trophies from the PC version?

Yoshichan

PedroLumpy said:

Just my opinion.
That's pretty much 100% true.

MMaRsu

Fuck man, this game is waaay to fucking scary. Sorry Darunia, but I hope I finish it soon. Shit man, it's killing my nerves :(. It's soo tense!

Whenever you want it back just let me know..hope I finish it before then though..

Top Bottom