• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadly Premonition |OT| first real survival-horror for X360

Turnstyle said:
Is this thing ever going to come out in the UK!?!? Retailers keep pushing their dates back.

I've waited this long, I guess I can wait a bit longer. Be nice if it came out this year though!?!?
Mangod of Ignition fame (US publishers) said on the new fantastic 8-4 Podcast that it was delayed to October in Europe but definitely coming out soon.

snap0212

Wow, I didn't even know this was coming to Europe. I haven't followed it after watching the Endurance Run and seeing how expensive the asian PS3 version is. Really looking forward to playing it myself. :D I haven't listened to the Podcast... yet. Does Shane say anything about why this game isn't coming out on PS3 in NA/PAL regions?

The destructoid quote is the best thing about the cover. :lol

I decided to pick this up today just because I want to check it out!

Quick question: if I play it on easy, can I still experience the full game and story?

I just want to play it for the story and avoid as much frustration as possible. Just wondering if I can play it on easy and still do this.

Also, is it kind of hard and frustrating if I play this on normal?

Damn, I should be playing this game already, stop delaying for christ sake, Rising Star, I wasn't even going to buy Reach!!

Goldrusher said:
o5n71y.jpg

Can't wait to play.

OMG, if you play the Japanese version, sharp arrows will haunt you and you may get electrocuted!!

Clevinger

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
I decided to pick this up today just because I want to check it out!

Quick question: if I play it on easy, can I still experience the full game and story?

I just want to play it for the story and avoid as much frustration as possible. Just wondering if I can play it on easy and still do this.

Also, is it kind of hard and frustrating if I play this on normal?

Yes, play on easy. There's no reason at all to play it on anything else. Yes, it will probably be frustrating on normal.

Clevinger said:
Yes, play on easy. There's no reason at all to play it on anything else. Yes, it will probably be frustrating on normal.
Thanks! That's all I wanted to know.

This game is probably one of those where I'd play it for the story and definitely NOT for the gameplay!

Coin Return

Loose Slot
Clevinger said:
You get 200 achievement points for beating it on Hard, if that matters at all. It's really not difficult.

panda21

Turnstyle said:
Is this thing ever going to come out in the UK!?!? Retailers keep pushing their dates back.

I've waited this long, I guess I can wait a bit longer. Be nice if it came out this year though!?!?

every time i check its been pushed back a bit more :(

Despera

Banned
What's the final release date for this game in the UK?

Anyone else in the forgotten EU territory looking forward to this?

Turnstyle

Despera said:

I think it's the end of the October now.

I was hyped for this game, but as time goes on I just find myself frustrated with the launch date being pushed back constantly! I've actually cancelled my pre-order now, I know I won't have any time to play it with New Vegas around the corner.

Despera said:
It's currently set for 29th October, since Games TM and OXM UK have reviewed it so far I'd imagine the date will stick. It's a shame about the date, DP was never going to get much mainstream attention anyway but bringing it out on the same day as Fable III is rather silly.

Oh, and Games TM gave it an 8/10.

Dennis

Banned
Despera said:

This game seems so bizarre that I wll have to get it!

Wiki says October 29, 2010 EU release

Minamu

Have they double-confirmed the EU release yet? Haven't heard a solid word in quite a while, imho :S The date keep on changing.

Edit: Seems like it. Available for preorders anyway.

randomwab

It is time, Europe. Zack and York have been waiting.

I'm going to run through it again on Friday when I get my 360 copy. Already done so on PS3.

FK in the coffee, bitches.

ataboada

First time I get notice of this game despite its February release. Going to pick it up for sure, looks pretty fun to play. GAF's reaction reminds me of when I first picked up Dead Rising, which made me aware of a game that I wouldn't have been interested in otherwise.

Glad to hear this release date has stuck, I'll pop in to Game on Friday and see if they've got any copies in stock. Should be a laugh going in and buying Deadly Premonition with all the other big name stuff out this week.

randomwab

Bump for the greatness of Europe. Deadly Premonition is finally released tomorrow, and I'm sure most pre-orders have been shipped.

Bring it on, Zack.

LiamExe

randomwab said:
Bump for the greatness of Europe. Deadly Premonition is finally released tomorrow, and I'm sure most pre-orders have been shipped.

Bring it on, Zack.
Yeah, my copy shipped today. Can't wait. :D

Went in to Game this morning and there was another guy just ahead of me in the queue purchasing Deadly Premonition and someone else had picked up a copy earlier - the store had almost ran out of their allocation already. It was heartwarming to see that this little known title was actually selling better than Fable III, even if it was only just for the morning.

This is really good stuff in many respects - It's certainly compelling. Yes, it's very 'last gen' and even then it wouldn't exactly be a rival to RE4 mechanically, but the insane quirkiness combined with the story are really making it so far. IGN clearly didn't get it (and as a result kind of poisoned its reputation early), whereas the likes of Edge did, which says a lot. I suspect that. If I had to think of a comparison, I'd place it in the same ballpark as something like No More Heroes, albeit more ambitious in many respects...Plenty of the gameplay is 'off' (more so in this than NMH) yet it remains a noteworthy experience by being greater than the sum of its parts.

My copy was dispatched from Game on thursday too.

Pity i can't play cause it's region lock, i have to play the japanese version (which i bought this summer)

Despera

Banned
Got the game. Gonna play it for real in a few days.

Reached the police station and then stopped. The way that officer runs is just :lol

Digging the game and main character so far. Nothing that impressive though yet.

Top Bottom