• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding 2: On The beach, Japanese Voice Cast and New Pictures

Draugoth

Gold Member
onw474srknrd1.png

meet-rainy-and-tomorrow-v0-6lmb6fs4inrd1.jpg

meet-rainy-and-tomorrow-v0-dc0dgpc4inrd1.jpg

urjr3gfsgnrd1.jpeg

Last edited:
Kojima really destroys everyone in the industry when it comes to realistically portraying humans in terms of detail and animation in his games. Just wild stuff.
It is all about efficiency. He is oldschool and still remembered how to spend time and money on parts that matter and cut where things can be cut. Too many studios are brute-forcing graphics by just taking up all available resources on things that don't matter. There was that infamous FF online flowerpot that had more polygons than the player character.

⇧ Photo mode
I can see some people interested in knowing more about pregnant Rainy...

Z3MxVgB.jpeg

Glad i didn't saw it live, was expecting gameplay running on the PRO.
Although it's a shame i missed the jacket pre-order, for only 1540€ was great value.

aIOuCPj.jpeg

Last edited:

Elios83

7hi7N9D.jpeg

Looks amazing, Kojima is putting so many ideas in the photo mode alone.
He also stated that internally they have already set the exact release period in 2025 but they want to be sure before committing to the public.

I guess next trailer at TGA?

Luipadre

7hi7N9D.jpeg

Looks amazing, Kojima is putting so many ideas in the photo mode alone.
He also stated that internally they have already set the exact release period in 2025 but they want to be sure before committing to the public.

I guess next trailer at TGA?

Yeah TGA is my bet too. Gameplay next year and release around september maybe?

Luipadre

I could be completely wrong, but I have a gut feeling that DS2 will be much more favorably received than the first. That might just be a fart, though.

It will be. Everyone knows what to expect from the gameplay front and covid happened. Even the first game had better reception few years after its release from some critics

He is the only one making PS5 games. Everyone else is stuck making cross-gen games.
Death Stranding 1 was a PS4 game. A cross-gen game running on PS5. DS2 is his first PS5 game after 4 years in the market. Bluepoint and Insomniac were doing PS5 games 4 years before him.

Xtib81

Yeah TGA is my bet too. Gameplay next year and release around september maybe?
I'm not even sure they'll show a lot of gameplay. If I remember correctly, they showed very little of DS1, gameplay wise, before release to the point that we were wondering what the gameplay loop actually consisted of.

Luipadre

I'm not even sure they'll show a lot of gameplay. If I remember correctly, they showed very little of DS1, gameplay wise, before release to the point that we were wondering what the gameplay loop actually consisted of.

its okay, we already know what is the gameplay like this time

Flabagast

Actually they presented one hour gameplay demo in the TGS 3 months before the game release, with a real deep dive on the mechanics and the overall philosophy. If you had seen it you perfectly knew what to expect

Xtib81

Actually they presented one hour gameplay demo in the TGS 3 months before the game release, with a real deep dive on the mechanics and the overall philosophy. If you had seen it you perfectly knew what to expect
Oh !? I guess I missed that ^^

Top Bottom