• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding 2: On The beach, Japanese Voice Cast and New Pictures

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
W1xQCqn.jpeg

what's this?
This is what i want PS5 games to look like, not these uncanny valley monsters everywhere. This feels right and alive.

I hope he got someone to do a pass on the names though, it's beyond hilarious now that Bad McNasty Man could be a totally legit serious name in this world.
A lot of real life names have meanings too, it's just that it is often from a different culture so the user forgot what it means. Just because "Peter" is a common name today, doesn't mean it stops being literally "Rock". Or maybe you can have a medic character names "Jason", or even a security guard name "Bill".

All names are made up. And often they started out with meaning even if you have forgotten.

YCoCg

A lot of real life names have meanings too, it's just that it is often from a different culture so the user forgot what it means. Just because "Peter" is a common name today, doesn't mean it stops being literally "Rock". Or maybe you can have a medic character names "Jason", or even a security guard name "Bill".

All names are made up. And often they started out with meaning even if you have forgotten.
Would you prefer if I said less on the nose then? I thought that was implied.

RaduN

Nah....Smith, Hunter, Fisher, Singer, White, Black, Green, etcetera have >nothing< to do whatsoever with some old forgotten meanings, nicknames, occupations...nothing whatsoever. They just "exist" now. They are "names".

RCU005

Death Stranding 1 was a PS4 game. A cross-gen game running on PS5. DS2 is his first PS5 game after 4 years in the market. Bluepoint and Insomniac were doing PS5 games 4 years before him.

None of the PS5 games that have been released until today, are games that couldn't be run on PS4. Demon's Souls and Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, while amazing games, they are just better looking PS4 games.

Death Stranding 2 does look like a game it couldn't even been run on PS4. The ONLY other game is going to be like that, is GTA6. This gen has been all about PS4, even if there is no PS4 version, doesn't mean is a game that can't be done on PS4.

PS3 had many games that couldn't be made on PS2. PS4 had many games that couldn't be made on PS3, but PS5 hasn't had any game that couldn't be made on PS4.

Last edited:

Shin-Ra

A fellow shower scene connoisseur.

None of the PS5 games that have been released until today, are games that couldn't be run on PS4. Demon's Souls and Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, while amazing games, they are just better looking PS4 games.

Death Stranding 2 does look like a game it couldn't even been run on PS4. The ONLY other game is going to be like that, is GTA6. This gen has been all about PS4, even if there is no PS4 version, doesn't mean is a game that can't be done on PS4.

PS3 had many games that couldn't be made on PS2. PS4 had many games that couldn't be made on PS3, but PS5 hasn't had any game that couldn't be made on PS4.
What reason is there to believe Death Stranding 2 and GTA6 couldn’t be PS4 games with downgraded graphics and extra load screens?

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Well that confirms it. I’ll just watch all the cutscenes on YouTube for free.

Nah, that is a game you experience by feel

Watching it won't do it justice.

Who you move, walk um.....pee all have a feel and I believe you are missing out big time on the full experience.

People go on and on asking for different, new IP etc, yet when one actually comes around, this is the attitude surrounding it.

Death Stranding 2 is a day 1, steelbox edition for me. Regardless if it plays like the first game or something different.

I'm open to the new lol

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Nah, that is a game you experience by feel

Watching it won't do it justice.

Who you move, walk um.....pee all have a feel and I believe you are missing out big time on the full experience.

People go on and on asking for different, new IP etc, yet when one actually comes around, this is the attitude surrounding it.

Death Stranding 2 is a day 1, steelbox edition for me. Regardless if it plays like the first game or something different.

I'm open to the new lol
I gave the first game a try and it failed to keep me playing due to its boring gameplay. I had hoped that the sequel would somehow surpass the first, like how Assassin’s Creed 2 was 10x better than the first game. But this sequel looks exactly the same boring shit. The map and environment even looked similar to the first. So I will just accept that Kojima was better when someone was able to reel his crazy in.

Different strokes. I’ll stop going into Death Stranding 2 threads now that I know the gameplay is more of the same. ✌🏼

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
That doll looks interesting. Sure would have been nice to have a horror game made by Kojima.

I haven’t met a single person besides myself (in person) who had fun with Death Stranding. I say, “ever dreamt of being a postman in a science fiction setting? Because that’s the appeal of death stranding”. I’m all in for this. The last trailer was very entertaining to watch.

That doll looks interesting. Sure would have been nice to have a horror game made by Kojima.

I haven’t met a single person besides myself (in person) who had fun with Death Stranding. I say, “ever dreamt of being a postman in a science fiction setting? Because that’s the appeal of death stranding”. I’m all in for this. The last trailer was very entertaining to watch.
When you boil it down, you are being a postman in many games. That's what i do in Skyrim for example. Sometimes you had to steal the item before delivering it, but a delivery is still a delivery. DS is just being honest.

Jesb

A horror game would’ve been much more interesting to me. I don’t why he went from Attempting Silent Hills to this.

Terenty

I gave the first game a try and it failed to keep me playing due to its boring gameplay. I had hoped that the sequel would somehow surpass the first, like how Assassin’s Creed 2 was 10x better than the first game. But this sequel looks exactly the same boring shit. The map and environment even looked similar to the first. So I will just accept that Kojima was better when someone was able to reel his crazy in.

Different strokes. I’ll stop going into Death Stranding 2 threads now that I know the gameplay is more of the same. ✌🏼
It's Death Stranding 1 footage

Top Bottom