• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It doesn't matter if he needs it. He still wants it. It's natural. Just because you have money now, it doesn't mean you will in the future. Might as well cash in while you can.
He gets money for Redneck Island and doesn't have to risk his physical health over that.

Kyoufu

I wonder if Cena, Cold Stone and Rock can put their money together and buy WWE when their stock plummets further.

Ithil

It doesn't matter if he needs it. He still wants it. It's natural. Just because you have money now, it doesn't mean you will in the future. Might as well cash in while you can.

He'll only return to the ring if he wants to have a match. He has many other ways of making plenty of money that don't involve the risks of wrestling.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
He gets money for Redneck Island and doesn't have to risk his physical health over that.
Redneck Island will likely end soon, and it's not like that money will last forever. It's because of more money. It's not about needing it, it's about more.

It's why the Rock came back. When he was doing Disney movies, he would never even mention wrestling. However, he's now gone back to doing action films, and his movies now need the WWE's target audience, and he can use the WWE to help market his movies. Now, his paydays from WWE directly may not be needed, but a few appearances and one match or so can really help market his films.

When he was doing Disney movies, he was Dwayne Johnson. Now, he's "The Rock" again.

Nothing wrong with it. This is a business from top to bottom, and no one in the WWE would do this for free.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
He'll only return to the ring if he wants to have a match. He has many other ways of making plenty of money that don't involve the risks of wrestling.
Of course it should be something that interests him, but money is a huge motivating factor, needed or not. BTW, how do we know he doesn't need it, huh? You guys make it sound like Redneck Island is paying him a mil a year, lol. Listen to any SCSA interview since he retired, money is a huge thing to him, and it should be.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like a bad fan, but...Far Cry 3 might keep me from the Chikara iPPV. It's SO goddamn good, guys. Buy it. Buy both but definitely buy FC3 too.

Alucard

Banned
Assuming he main events WM30 with Cold Stone, what will happen to his remaining 5 years on contract?

Couldn't get into any of the PR spin-offs. Can't beat the original tbh!

I don't know. Perhaps he meant that his personal wrestling career wish list would be done. Afterwards, he would do what was asked of him and just try to put new talent over ala Chris Jericho.

Ithil

Punk will probably move to commentary like JBL after his in-ring career is over, he seems to enjoy it a great deal.

Alucard

Banned
The Chikara iPPV looks damn good this afternoon, but I have way too much house cleaning and chores to do today. I'll just read the reactions on here later and live the show through you guys.

We are roughly 4 hours away from the CHIKARA IPPV "Under the Hood". The event can be purchased at the link below. I provided everything you need to enjoy the show fellow wrasslin fans. Let's have some fun this afternoon Wrassle GAF!!!

http://smvod.com

Before we get into the IPPV action we have to touch base on Mr. Touchdown killing The Mysterious and Handsome Strangers feral pigeon Sapphire.

Mr. Touchdown kills Sapphire

Jake "The Snake" Roberts wants to #ImmortalizeSapphire

UTHdec.jpg

Under The Hood - Live iPPV - CHIKARA Season 11 Finale

CHIKARA Event Center (11.22.12)

CHIKARA Event Center (11.29.12)

ForTheGold.jpg

At last year's season finale, Eddie Kingston realized his dream and became the first Grand Champion in CHIKARA history, winning the 12 Large: Summit round-robin dedicated to the memory of the late, great, Larry Sweeney and assumed the mantle of the face of CHIKARA. Many have tried to unseat him in Season 11 - everyone from current WWE trainer Sara Del Rey, Ring of Honor champ Kevin Steen, to aspiring pro-bowler Vin Gerard. None have been able to defeat him. But at the 9th annual Torneo Cibernetico in New York City, Tim Donst was able to beat Kingston, and now he's looking to repeat that singular feat with the title on the line - and with the world watching it happen live on SMVOD.com!

Dissecting Donst: Part 1 [Interview]

Dissecting Donst: Part 2 [Interview]

Dissecting Donst: Part 3 [Interview]

LosCampeonatos.jpg

They were the men who inspired the Young Bucks. Trained them. Looked out for them. They are men of legendary stature, former WWF tag team champions. Now, the 1-2-3 Kid and Marty Jannetty are cashing in their 3 points for a title shot against the brash pair of Californians that have had a stranglehold on our Campeonatos since "Chikarasaurus Rex."

the 1-2-3 Kid & Marty Jannetty look to dethrone the Young Bucks!

10ManShowdown.jpg

Delirious and his minions have plagued UltraMantis Black and The Spectral Envoy at every turn this season - most recently interjecting themselves in the championship bout held in Chicago. But enough is enough - except that UltraMantis Black may not have enough soldiers to go to war with the army Delirious has amassed!

Delirious Wages War (Live on iPPV)

242.jpg

Both teams are former Campeones de Parejas. Both saw their 2012 title reigns cut short. Now, they have risen through the ranks once again, collecting the points essential to title contention. The duo of 3.0 (Scott "Jagged" Parker and Shane Matthews) will wager their 2 points against the 2 points held by Chuck Taylor and Johnny Gargano of F.I.S.T. live on iPPV!

F.I.S.T. and 3.0 settle the score once and for all!

YLCrematch.jpg

In August, these two exceptional young athletes met at the Old National Centre in Indianapolis, IN in the finals of the 10th annual Young Lions Cup...and on that night, Mark Angelosetti triumphed. On his road to the finals though, ACH won over the CHIKARMY, and showed the world why he is among the finest up-and-comers in the game today. Now, these two outstanding competitors are set to lock-up once again for the Young Lions Cup.

the Cup is up for grabs! CHIKARA's Under The Hood iPPV

Her Name is...Veronica

RosterDivided.jpg

Director of Fun, Wink Vavasseur, has ordered an 8-man tag team match that reflects the current state of affairs within CHIKARA.The patriarch of CHIKARA himself, Mike Quackenbush, has been hell-bent on protecting his proteges against those that would injure then and end their careers. But in fighting with fire, has he lost his friend, student and longtime tag team partner Jigsaw in the process? We'll find out as Quack teams with two of his finest, Fire Ant and Green Ant, and the man assigned to The Colony, assailANT. On the other side of the equation are assailANT's former partners: deviANT and The Shard! And to make matters even more complex, they've got former Colony member Soldier Ant on their side!

A Roster is Divided Against Itself!

Dasharus.jpg

If there's one thing Dasher Hatfield cannot stand - it's a bad sport. And unfortunately, that's exactly what Icarus has proven to be. Having lost two matches to Hatfield in as many weeks, Icarus, the sore loser, has taken his frustration out on the beloved tecnico. Now Dasher is on a mission to teach the most hated man in CHIKARA history a thing or two about sportsmanship.

I feel like a bad fan, but...Far Cry 3 might keep me from the Chikara iPPV. It's SO goddamn good, guys. Buy it. Buy both but definitely buy FC3 too.

Thankfully, I can do both - super addicted to FC3 at the moment, the game is exploration crack and planning, then executing, a flawless attack is so damn satisfying. It definitely holds your hand a lot more than FC2, and is certainly less of a challenge, but it has also fixed pretty much every problem from the previous game. I'm loving it!

Oh, and yeah, CHIKARA! Looks like an excellent show, and it would be great to see a sizeable WrassleGAF contingent watching :)

Aiii

So not worth it
In a reunion, AJ Lee & Kaitlyn defeated Divas Champion Eve Torres & Rosa Mendes. Rosa worked most of the match, as there is a possibility Eve is injured. The Chickbusters hugged before and after the match.

Hnng.

Alucard

Banned
Finished watching PWG BOLA 2007 Night Three on DVD. So good. The final match between Cima, Strong, and Generico was a visual treat, and I was really happy with the outcome. Also, it had Bryan Danielson showing up with an eye patch! Can't go wrong with that.

krae_man

I wonder if Cena, Cold Stone and Rock can put their money together and buy WWE when their stock plummets further.

They would have to buy the shares from Vince. Vince's shares have like 10 votes per share or something crazy so it doesn't matter how much stock you own, he will win every vote.

Alucard

Banned
when vince was going balls out like that it was the golden age. He needs to drop the facade and get things back to there. No holds barred drama.

You have to keep in mind that Vince has aged and that he still has his wife's career to think about. Even if Linda stepped down from politics, I don't think Vince would ever go back to storylines that disturbing.

You have to keep in mind that Vince has aged and that he still has his wife's career to think about. Even if Linda stepped down from politics, I don't think Vince would ever go back to storylines that disturbing.
if viewership and ppv buys drop low enough, never underestimate what vince is willing to do :p

Alucard

Banned
I never want to see Vince like that again. The Attitude Era was massively overrated. You can have memorable PG wrestling.

Kacho

I really, really hope the Hardy Boyz don't come back to the WWE. The last thing the WWE needs is more has-beens coming back to take time away from the up-and-comers.

Kyoufu

I really, really hope the Hardy Boyz don't come back to the WWE. The last thing the WWE needs is more has-beens coming back to take time away from the up-and-comers.

Hardy Boyz is exactly what they need. Would give a boost to the Tag Team division which would only benefit the likes of PTP, Rey/Sin etc.

Alucard

Banned
Good luck convincing people that.

Mr. Perfect
Ted Dibiase
Bret Hart
Legion of Doom
Demolition
Yokozuna
Hulk Hogan
Macho Man
The Rockers
British Bulldog
Bam Bam Bigelow
Natural Disasters
Powers of Pain (not sure if I'm not remembering the name correctly)
Andre the Giant
Big Boss Man
Undertaker
Owen Hart
Junk Yard Dog
Ultimate Warrior
Ricky Steamboat
Superfly Snuka
Etc. Etc. Etc.

It's possible.

Top Bottom