• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

DJKhaled

I read and heard that Shane was well-liked by the roster because he'd show up for training even when he wasn't working and was considered a real natural despite not having a lot of ring experience.

I've not once heard that but have heard he was disliked for the reasons TarpitCarnivore said

Pikma

Banned
Cena
Big Show
Miz
Naomi
Alicia
Eva Marie
Nikki Bella
Curtis Axel
Mojo
Nia Jax
People wanting Miz gone even though he's on his prime is fucking laughable.

Laughable

He has a top ten look
he's top ten on the mic
and he's probably top 15 in the ring, he's even catching guys now so that argument doesn't work anymore

Miz is the top heel in wwf. getting rid of him is eyeroll worthy

isn't that like his only big storyline? they teased lex joining dibiase for months and he'd have to keep explaining to tatanka when he was caught in compromising situations, and then there was the SWERVE that it was tatanka who was joining dibiase and screwing luger over.

it's the only one I remember from back then anyway

Lack of Cesaro on those "who would you cut" lists is sad. Dude is done for, Chuck him back to the indies.

Where he'll actually be a success in spite of his failings? Because indie bookers understand what Vince has seemingly forgotten? That you hide a performers negatives and accentuate the positives, instead of highlighting their negatives and marginalising their positives?

isn't that like his only big storyline? they teased lex joining dibiase for months and he'd have to keep explaining to tatanka when he was caught in compromising situations, and then there was the SWERVE that it was tatanka who was joining dibiase and screwing luger over.

it's the only one I remember from back then anyway
He had a resurgence on Smackdown too.
Where he'll actually be a success in spite of his failings? Because indie bookers understand what Vince has seemingly forgotten? That you hide a performers negatives and accentuate the positives, instead of highlighting their negatives and marginalising their positives?
You can only hide the fact that he has no personality for so long before people catch on.

"Here, have a mic and go cut a 3-minute in-ring promo on live TV" isn't exactly attempting to hide his lack of personality.
He's had managers, he's had time for pre-recorded interviews. He's even had Cena vouch for him. All he's done with that is come up with "me strong, me swing people, me mad at back office grrrr wink wink"

He's had managers, he's had time for pre-recorded interviews. He's even had Cena vouch for him. All he's done with that is come up with "me strong, me swing people, me mad at back office grrrr wink wink"

It's not his job to come up with things, it's goddamn creative's. And besides, when it WAS his job, back on the indies, he came up with the Swiss Money Holdings gimmick which is by far the best character he's ever had.

Hey, remember after Mania that one year when Cesaro was super over and the fans just wanted to cheer for him, but then WWE stuck him with Heyman and insisted he was a heel, despite the fact that he never really did anything heelish? Fun times. Then he went on a losing streak, dumped Heyman, feuded with Rob Van Dam for no good reason and failed to capture both the US and IC titles despite many attempts at both belts.

"WWE officials had told Cesaro to stop using the Cesaro Swing because it was making him too popular, and they did not want him being cheered as a heel"

lol

"McMahon replied that Cesaro was lacking in charisma, verbal skills and the "it" factor, "might be because he's Swiss ... and the European style"."

lmao

Hey, remember after Mania that one year when Cesaro was super over and the fans just wanted to cheer for him, but then WWE stuck him with Heyman and insisted he was a heel, despite the fact that he never really did anything heelish? Fun times. Then he went on a losing streak, dumped Heyman, feuded with Rob Van Dam for no good reason and failed to capture both the US and IC titles despite many attempts at both belts.

"WWE officials had told Cesaro to stop using the Cesaro Swing because it was making him too popular, and they did not want him being cheered as a heel"

lol

"McMahon replied that Cesaro was lacking in charisma, verbal skills and the "it" factor, "might be because he's Swiss ... and the European style"."

lmao

Was coming to say exactly that. Dude was massively over post Mania battle royal but nah let's just keeep him heel with no actual plan for him

Cesaro was ready after WM30, after he picked Big Show up and threw him out of the ring he was the f**king finished product as far as 'being over' goes. The audible gasps from the crowd is an amazing moment! With proper booking would have gone with that momentum all the way to the stars!

He does amazing things in the ring that the crowd constantly pop for, they don't give a shit what he looked like or how he talked etc he would do some crazy impressive thing and the crowd appreciate that... funny how entertaining them makes them feel entertained!! Imagine if him and AJ Styles worked a title feud, two guys the crowd love because they do awesome stuff in the ring. It's really not hard to figure this shit out.

Instead, in the usual wrestling fashion they have no f**king clue and stuff him round constantly because they don't feel like he is the guy the crowd should be cheering. F**k you Vince.

Cesaro was ready after WM30, after he picked Big Show up and threw him out of the ring he was the f**king finished product as far as 'being over' goes. The audible gasps from the crowd is an amazing moment! With proper booking would have gone with that momentum all the way to the stars!

He does amazing things in the ring that the crowd constantly pop for, they don't give a shit what he looked like or how he talked etc he would do some crazy impressive thing and the crowd appreciate that... funny how entertaining them makes them feel entertained!! Imagine if him and AJ Styles worked a title feud, two guys the crowd love because they do awesome stuff in the ring. It's really not hard to figure this shit out.

Instead, in the usual wrestling fashion they have no f**king clue and stuff him round constantly because they don't feel like he is the guy the crowd should be cheering. F**k you Vince.

Sheamus vs Cesaro in their final match in the best of 7 would be a MOTY candidate had that finish not been horrendous.

Welp;

zbhQeCr.gif

EJuL9Hl.gif

Guzim

kGkIpYS.png

SHOOTMAS Day 10

WWE's Mark Henry vs The Inch Dumbbell

oyiBsZDl.jpg
RDiXKOfl.jpg

Part of the thing I'm trying to focus on for Shootmas is authenticity and realism in both the style/fight and demonstrating pure athleticism and skill. No other person on the WWE roster and in history demonstrates that more than "The World's Strongest Man".

That was a shoot. While Henry may have let himself and his nation down with a poor showing in the olympics nothing will demonstrate his power than the clean press of the inch dumbbell.

But before you watch the clip lets go over the dumbbell.

The dumbbell weighs about 172 lbs. For people who don't lift that may seem heavy but 172 lbs is nothing to really sweat when it comes to lifting weights. The thing that makes the dumbbell so hard to lift is its handle. It's like holding a can of sofa that weighs 172 lbs and makes it almost impossible to lift nevermind press above your head. The dumbbell was created by a carny strongman to bring around and challenge people to lift just off the ground. People train just to lift it off the ground. Prior to Mark Henry pressing it no man alive had ever accomplished that.

He did it with 1 hand. On his first try. First man since the dumbbells invention in 1909.

Only 1 other man has been able to do it since Henry did it.
The lift:
https://youtu.be/H0lvfvxckxU

Henry Talking to Students and Lifting the Dumbbell this year
https://youtu.be/VOxW7iCq9Vg

Articles and videos on the lift:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ironhistory8.htm
https://youtu.be/DZh-yVanH-c
http://www.stack.com/a/inch-dumbbell

Mark Henry Dunking
https://youtu.be/-UIFzTv8LA8

Past Days
Why didn't you mention Hulk Hogan's appearance? Granted, it's only his voice.

NXT Melbourne the other night was great as expected. Glad they brought out a great lineup despite being so far overseas, they couldn't easily phoned it in.

Got to meet and have a photo with Nakamura before the event thanks to 2K. Was surprised they dragged the champ up to say hello, expected some of the mid carders so that was nice (and a dream come true). Tshirts were $50 which seems insane but I don't go to many concerts/events these days tbh. A Keith Urban concert was on about 100m away lol. More people noticed my What Bar? tshart than I

Crowd was a good mix, mostly people just happy to be there and showed a lot of respect for everyone in the ring. Some dickhead teenagers behind us in the pit were trying to get themselves over constantly though and got told to STFU multiple times by the more organised chanters on either side of the stands.

The opening triple threat was booked really well, Aussie Billie Kay got a huge pop and worked heel really well. Gave out to the crowd constantly and was better in the ring than I expected. Ember Moon was over huge, fantastic to watch in the ring too, really smooth. I assume they're building her up to take down Asuka eventually.

Blake vs Sombra was alright, crowd shat on Blake but he ended up getting over in the end, put in a big effort. Sombra working heel was great. Crowd had been doing 10 counts for any counting spots and he purposely cut them off every time lol. Some real brutal stuff in the corner basically turned the crowd to Blake so hats off to both guys for working a smart match.

Revival were amazing live. Had the crowd eating out of their hand. Tino teamed with Moss and they really only got go away heat. Moss had some good big man slams but Tino running wild was really flat.

Patrick Clark has his gimmick down pat, crowd loved it. Started whipping Lorcan with his bandanna at one point and got DQ/ECW chants in return. Crowd was really behind Clark, Lorcan was quite bland sadly.

TM61 got a HUGE reaction coming out and then DIY got an even bigger one. Fantastic match, all 4 dudes gave 100% in the ring, easily match of the night. Hope they use it in a future episode as I'd love to see it again. Crowd was vocal all the way through.

Drifter got instant fuck off heat, he worked the crowd to perfection, you could tell he was loving it. Roode got the biggest pop of the night, dude quickly realised crowd wasn't going to treat him as heal whatsoever. He definitely worked the crowd better than anyone else, giving out to the ref and crowd constantly. Dude should do really well on the main roster if they give him enough rope, had a FANTASTIC spinebuster too that made the crowd pop huge. They were up against home town hero Murphy who was obviously relishing what would probably be his biggest reaction. Teaming him with Tye was great as the crowd was chanting 10 all fucking night. Was a really hot match and Tye couldn't stop smiling the whole time, Perfect 10 thing is insanely over right now.

Asuka had a title match with Aussie Peyton Royce but they fucked up by announcing too clear and loud that Royce is from Sydney as the main rivalry here is Melb vs Syd, so the crowd turned instantly. After 2 really hot matches this was in a bad spot as the crowd couldn't believe Royce taking it to Asuka, started okay as Royce cowered and tried to outsmart Asuka which was working okay. When Royce got a ton of offense in and Asuka was selling the match really died off quick sadly.

Main event was a cage match between Joe & Nakamura. Took a while to lower the cage as they couldn't get it to all lower down initially, instant endless botchamania chants lol. Was a good match, Joe threw Nakamura into the cage a few times but the frame around the top was left on so they obviously weren't going to climb out or jump off.

Whole thing ended up running for 3.5 hours which was pretty draining by the end.

So who would you get rid of from the WWE main roster?

Kane & Big Show to back stage or media roles.

Cody has been out of the E for a bit now, has he shown WWE they missed the boat with pushing him or is it another Sandow/Aron Rex deal where it just shows that he was about where he should've been?

klonere

Banned
Cody has been out of the E for a bit now, has he shown WWE they missed the boat with pushing him or is it another Sandow/Aron Rex deal where it just shows that he was about where he should've been?

He's been thoroughly average except in a select few matches, most notable against Sami Callihan. He does no jobs and is a great self-marketer so he's doing something right but definitely doesn't feel like WWE have left anything on the table with him.

Just got out of NXT Newcaslte show in Australia. Was a lot of fun.

Tozawa vs Cien was easily match of the night and the best match I have seen live. Both guys got huge reactions.

Regal came out to give a speech and I nearly creamed my pants.

Nearly got in a fight with some dumb cunt who was yelling out racist shit at Ember Moon.

Overall was a great time despite some scum in the crowd.

Welp;

EJuL9Hl.gif

What's your feelings on this Monsoon? I was curious what other NJPW watchers think.

I'm ok with it if they can keep Omega as the top and Cody is more of a side guy. If he comes in and is immediately thrusted into the top Bullet Club spot then that's dumb. That said the Bullet Club need someone else beyond Omega & Bucks, everyone else is underwhelming. Cole isn't bad, but everyone else? Woof

What's your feelings on this Monsoon? I was curious what other NJPW watchers think.

I'm ok with it if they can keep Omega as the top and Cody is more of a side guy. If he comes in and is immediately thrusted into the top Bullet Club spot then that's dumb. That said the Bullet Club need someone else beyond Omega & Bucks, everyone else is underwhelming. Cole isn't bad, but everyone else? Woof

I agree with you entirely.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Tozawa vs Cien was easily match of the night and the best match I have seen live. Both guys got huge reactions.

Nearly got in a fight with some dumb cunt who was yelling out racist shit at Ember Moon.

oh shit Tozawa is working with NXT now? I loved him in the CWC

So who would you get rid of from the WWE main roster?

Show & Kane, but kept on in developmental or backstage presence.
Henry
Carmella
Titus
Golddust & R-Truth
Sin Cara
Darren Young
Enzo
Jinder
Paige
Tamina
Mick
Heyman
Brock
Hawkins
Ellsworth
Swagger
Spirit Squad
Ascension
Hype Bros

Yeah, I would be ruthless and clean house a bit

oh shit Tozawa is working with NXT now? I loved him in the CWC

I imagine he will be on NXT as well as the 205 Live thing for now.

It was a fantastic match and the response from the crowd was great. Everyone there screamed along with him, it was nice to see. It was also refreshing to see people really respond to Cien. It was filmed so hopefully it goes up on the network or whatever some time soon.

Why would you get rid of Brock or Heymen?

Brock phones it in now and he's been lame as hell. In that same note I think Heyman has run his course, at least as a manager.

Some of these may not be right from ratings or fan standpoint, but I think it's better to just get rid of the baggae and move forward

Wait I just read this? Ffs why do assholes go to wrestling shows to chant racist shit?

Also was this the show with the Joe naka cage match?

Wait I just read this? Ffs why do assholes go to wrestling shows to chant racist shit?

Also was this the show with the Joe naka cage match?

Nah, that was in Melbourne a day or so ago. Main event here was Nakamura, Dillinger, Buddy Murphy vs Joe, Samson and Roode.

I have no idea why people go to an event just to shit on it or be a racist asshole. They are cowards and think they can get away with it because they are in a crowd. He was sitting behind me so I turned around and called him out on it, he got upset and when nobody backed him up he just got all indignant and quiet, pouting like a child. Fucking idiots.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
watching the cwc, at first I tought Tozawa was pissed at the crowd doing his screams but after the second match it seemed like he was playing it off

klonere

Banned
Nah, that was in Melbourne a day or so ago. Main event here was Nakamura, Dillinger, Buddy Murphy vs Joe, Samson and Roode.

I have no idea why people go to an event just to shit on it or be a racist asshole. They are cowards and think they can get away with it because they are in a crowd. He was sitting behind me so I turned around and called him out on it, he got upset and when nobody backed him up he just got all indignant and quiet, pouting like a child. Fucking idiots.

Fair play for speaking up dude, fuck those assholes.

watching the cwc, at first I tought Tozawa was pissed at the crowd doing his screams but after the second match it seemed like he was playing it off

It's part of his excellent, lovable shtick. Here is him doing it at BOLA years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRll-dMmgug

Top Bottom