• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
any notable Tozawa matches I should look for? hes from Dragon Gate right?

New lapsed fan is up!!!
thanks, I thought I was going back to sleep but I'm wide awake now, time to fix some breakfast and get lapses.

Nah, that was in Melbourne a day or so ago. Main event here was Nakamura, Dillinger, Buddy Murphy vs Joe, Samson and Roode.

I have no idea why people go to an event just to shit on it or be a racist asshole. They are cowards and think they can get away with it because they are in a crowd. He was sitting behind me so I turned around and called him out on it, he got upset and when nobody backed him up he just got all indignant and quiet, pouting like a child. Fucking idiots.
So I assume Naka won the cage match then?

Good job not being afraid to call him out. He's lucky that no one black heard him or his ass would've been beat. You go to a show to have fun and escape the ignorance from real life, not to be weighed down. I'm lucky to say I've never had to deal with it and hope I never do.

So I assume Naka won the cage match then?

Good job not being afraid to call him out. He's lucky that no one black heard him or his ass would've been beat. You go to a show to have fun and escape the ignorance from real life, not to be weighed down. I'm lucky to say I've never had to deal with it and hope I never do.

Yeah, he won the cage match. It was also filmed and I think will go up on the network at some point. Apparently it was quite good and was a very decisive end to their feud.

Joe was pretty funny at this show and laughed at some of the silly chants people came up. Murphy tried to start an 'Aussie Aussie Aussie, oy oy oy' chant which is popular at sporting events in Australia and people turned it into a 'Bobby Bobby Bobby, Roode Roode Roode' chant. He had a chuckle and shaked his head in a 'you people are fucking idiots' kinda way. It was a lot of fun.

It really does fucking suck some people are so horrible and stupid. I can't even begin to imagine how their thought process actually works. So fuck them.

Kurita

Welp;

zbhQeCr.gif

EJuL9Hl.gif
"Message to the world, are you ready to welcome the American Nightmare"

Well, at least his nickname is clever.
But it's still Cody Rhodes

Evolve looks like must watch

Dick togo vs hero
Cobb vs Riddle
Plus the tag title match will be flip tastic
card:

EVOLVE 74
Saturday, Dec. 10th, 2016
Belltime: 6:00 PM EST
La Boom
56-15 Northern Blvd.
Woodside, Queens, NY

Watch The Live Stream At www.FloSlam.tv

Tickets Will Be Available At The Door!

The Main Event
Chris Hero vs. Dick Togo

EVOLVE Tag Team Title Match
Tracy Williams & Fred Yehi defend vs. Ricochet & Peter Kaasa

Bonus Main Event
Cody vs. Ethan Page with A Gatekeeper

The Rivalry Comes To EVOLVE
Matt Riddle vs. Jeff Cobb

Special Attraction Match
Drew Gulak vs. Jaka

David vs. Goliath
Darby Allin vs. Brian Cage

Special Challenge Match
DUSTIN vs. Chris Dickinson

klonere

Banned
It's also at a semi-reasonable time for Europeans. Looking forward to it although the card does have Ethan Page vs Cody Rhodes on it.

I'm actually cool with this except...god I hate saying this...Roman.
He is booed so hard. Just turn the guy fucking heel already. If folks want to hate him then turn that into profit. They'll cheer ANYONE who fights him. Even HHH. This guy might work to get a few guys over enough to tackle the main roster.
I think that's my problem with Roman, yeah he'll be cool as a heel but it will never happen. His character right now, this douchier Cena lite is the character we're going to have to deal with for YEARS. And I'd rather fire him out of a cannon.

klonere

Banned
One day, someone will explain to me what Gabe sees in Ethan Page. He's boring as shit in ring, doesn't even have any cool movez, isn't good enough of a promo or character to make up for everything else and has the most average possible look.

Yet he remains a focal point of every Evolve show he's on. A true mystery.

American nightmare?

So Cody was a Trump voter

Like, unapologetically so. Fucking Cody.

klonere

Banned
Roman's real good and should be booked as an unstoppable monster killing machine who doesn't give a fuck about the kiddies, the smarks or any of his failed ass Shield buddies. Like, Goldberg or something, idk that worked once didn't it???

It's weird that Vince clearly sees the talent and potential Roman has yet decides to channel it in the shittest, most watered down and incoherent way possible. And Roman still manages to shine through the shit on occasion.

Zach

Oh my god. Someone should make a gif of the beginning of the Undisputed Championship Match at Vengeance '01. It's all like

[WWF Championship graphic]!

[World Championship graphic]!

[BELT EXPLOSION]!

[tacky, flashing UNDISPUTED CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH graphic]!

Cut to the ring and

>_>

Cody seems to be doing exactly what you want to do as a wrestler who couldn't quite make it in WWE and his stock is very high. Good for him.

Fox318

The crappy sharpshooters all happen because it's no longer a finisher. Its a stalling sub so the camera can try to recreate that shot at mania 13.

New rule for sharpshooters is guys should be forced to sit on the guys ass like this.

MqdzTRU.jpg

Yeah, he won the cage match. It was also filmed and I think will go up on the network at some point. Apparently it was quite good and was a very decisive end to their feud.

Joe was pretty funny at this show and laughed at some of the silly chants people came up. Murphy tried to start an 'Aussie Aussie Aussie, oy oy oy' chant which is popular at sporting events in Australia and people turned it into a 'Bobby Bobby Bobby, Roode Roode Roode' chant. He had a chuckle and shaked his head in a 'you people are fucking idiots' kinda way. It was a lot of fun.

It really does fucking suck some people are so horrible and stupid. I can't even begin to imagine how their thought process actually works. So fuck them.
Wait isn't TM61 from Australia? How hot were they?

Zach

Man, that WCW sure was terrible with its so-called overbooking.

Fast-forward to the first ever Undisputed Championship match in the WWF:

- outside interference by Kurt Angle and The Rock before the match
- Austin and Jericho start the match lying on the mat as the ref counts to 8
- brawling to the outside
- table shenanigans
- stolen finishers
- ref bump
- more McMahon
- new, evil ref
- Flair interference
- Booker T run-in
- more McMahon involvement
- terrible, unsatisfying finish

A true classic!!

Kurita

I think the "running agents" gif you're talking about is from a weird backstage segment where Rick Steiner's dogs attack Sting. Or something. I don't know. Google that foolishness.

Found it thanks to my memory and the power of GAF's search tool.

running.gif

I'll believe your explanation about the context. I have no time to google more Wrasslin'

As a native american, I fucking hate tatanka lol
Still hurt by his legendary 2006 heel turn I see.

Man, that WCW sure was terrible with its so-called overbooking.

Fast-forward to the first ever Undisputed Championship match in the WWF:

- outside interference by Kurt Angle and The Rock before the match
- Austin and Jericho start the match lying on the mat as the ref counts to 8
- brawling to the outside
- table shenanigans
- stolen finishers
- ref bump
- more McMahon
- new, evil ref
- Flair interference
- Booker T run-in
- more McMahon involvement
- terrible, unsatisfying finish

A true classic!!

Well you see, the influx of WCW talent are of course the explanation.

Just wait until you see how strongly the first ever unified champ is booked!

One day, someone will explain to me what Gabe sees in Ethan Page. He's boring as shit in ring, doesn't even have any cool movez, isn't good enough of a promo or character to make up for everything else and has the most average possible look.

Yet he remains a focal point of every Evolve show he's on. A true mystery.

Like, unapologetically so. Fucking Cody.

Ethan Page: Gabe's Matt Morgan.

klonere

Banned

What a crew. I really wish BUSHI hadn't randomly won and lost the Jr. belt so Himoru could have dethroned KUSHIDA after a true year long reign. Then again that would have looked like Naito bringing in another Jr. cos his original choice couldn't get the job done I guess?

Ethan Page: Gabe's Matt Morgan.

At least Morgan was tall?

I bet this Cody/Page match will be really good now just to fuck with us.

What's your feelings on this Monsoon? I was curious what other NJPW watchers think.

I'm ok with it if they can keep Omega as the top and Cody is more of a side guy. If he comes in and is immediately thrusted into the top Bullet Club spot then that's dumb. That said the Bullet Club need someone else beyond Omega & Bucks, everyone else is underwhelming. Cole isn't bad, but everyone else? Woof

Cody's naturally going to be a side guy as he's a freelancer at the moment and has obligations in ROH and TNA. Kenny is going to remain the leader due to the fact that he's an NJPW-signed wrestler and has no contracts with other companies.

As for the other members of the Bullet Club...yeah, they're pretty lame. Fale? fat and slow. Yujiro? Meh. Tama Tonga? Actually quite good, but weighed down by his brother, who has admittedly improved by not much. Tanga Loa? See above. Hangman Page? Has potential but needs a serious dose of charisma. Chase Owens? See Hangman Page. BONE SOLDIER? HAAHAHHAAHHAA.........AHHAAHAHAHAHAA.

Wait isn't TM61 from Australia? How hot were they?
I'm in Perth and saw NXT when they were here last Monday, also the home town of TM61 and my fucking god were they over, maybe the biggest reaction of the whole night.

Actually Buddy Murphy was super over as well, him and Blake had the opener and the crowd was super hot for him.

The only 2 Aussies who weren't over are the 2 Women, but thats more to do with them being heels and facing the big Faces of the womens division in NXT.

But yeah TM61 may have had the biggest reaction of the whole night, huge pop for the hometown boys returning.

Top Bottom