• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

The Ummah

Banned
Can I mention again how dope it was to see Charlotte and Sasha Banks close out Raw?

Good progress is being made, but honestly, I'm waiting until the next run of rivalries to start to REALLY see the direction they are taking. Let's get some good storylines working around those titles.

All of them. <_<

Ironwoman match should be good also.

Zach

Xh0nCxP.gif

I was going to write FUCK on one belt and then ZACH on the other, but I got lazy.
That's pretty good as is, except I wanted the hilarity of the wrasslers lying in the ring immediately after. >_>

But you're still alright, Hasney. You're still alright.

DMczaf

Can I mention again how dope it was to see Charlotte and Sasha Banks close out Raw?

Good progress is being made, but honestly, I'm waiting until the next run of rivalries to start to REALLY see the direction they are taking. Let's get some good storylines working around those titles.

All of them. <_<

Ironwoman match should be good also.

For as much shit people give them for doing the same match over and over, it's still the most over feud on Raw right now. Nothing else is close it on the show other than Dadberg/Lesnar

Zach

Found it thanks to my memory and the power of GAF's search tool.

running.gif

I'll believe your explanation about the context. I have no time to google more Wrasslin'
http://wrestlingonearth.com/match-of-the-week-sting-vs-rick-steiner-the-great-american-bash-1999/

P.S. No idea what this site is -- and I didn't even read anything at the link -- but this confirmed that I was right about the zany segment. :D

Edit: now knowing the event where it took place, you can even check out a rad legitshook.com write-up here: http://www.legitshook.com/strobogos.../2013/10/20/wcw-the-great-american-bash-61399

It includes the gif you love, of course (and many more).

The Ummah

Banned
For as much shit people give them for doing the same match over and over, it's still the most over feud on Raw right now. Nothing else is close it on the show other than Dadberg/Lesnar

I agree. It's been Sasha vs. Charlotte for a while now, but it is so refreshing to see a feud for the Women's Title that actually means something on their showcase brand. We have a back story. We have Ric Flair. We have matches headlining Raw and PPV. We have a long-term women's feud with some substance. They have something good going with this thing, and it's only getting better.

DMczaf

I agree. It's been Sasha vs. Charlotte for a while now, but it is so refreshing to see a feud for the Women's Title that actually means something on their showcase brand. We have a back story. We have Ric Flair. We have matches headlining Raw and PPV. We have a long-term women's feud with some substance. They have something good going with this thing, and it's only getting better.

And the quality of the matches has only increased as the feud continues.

This is true, they're doing well despite the belt bouncing around, the terrible writing & the women's revolution shoehorning.

It could be legendary if it weren't for all those faults.

Yeah, I think the feud has been going on too long but it is easily miles ahead of anything going on with the Universal Championship belt.

Their matches are great and their characters are really good. Charlotte gets proper heat as the heel of the story and Sasha is an over babyface. Compare this to the fact Owens and Jericho as the bad guys get more pops then even Rollins and enough said on Roman.

I wouldn't even object to it main-eventing Roadblock because the feud has been way more serious and grounded then the Universal title which because of the fact Triple H refuses to appear until football season is over, is just muddled in making a clear story-line.

klonere

Banned
Its a close one between current Verserk and LOS for me in terms of best stable right now. I'd probably give the edge to LOS due to being slightly more established in its current incarnation, Verserk just added a bunch of new but very good guys and I'm pretty sure next year will be amazing for that unit.

My nominations for the 2016 Carny Awards that I sent to Heroman today:

1. Wrestler of the year
a. WWE: AJ Styles
b. NJPW: Kazuchika Okada
c. Other: Chris Hero

2. Worst wrestler of the year: Mahabali Shera

3. Best woman wrestler: Meiko Satomura

3. Match of the Year
a. WWE: John Cena vs. AJ Styles, SummerSlam 2016
b. NJPW: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Kazuchika Okada, G1 Climax 2016 Night 13 (August 6, 2016)
c. Other: Kento Miyahara vs. Kengo Mashimo, AJPW Champion Carnival Day One (April 9, 2016)

4. Worst match of the year: Gail Kim vs. Maria Kanellis, TNA Bound for Glory 2016

5. Promotion of the year: Big Japan Pro Wrestling

6. Best PPV of the year: NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 10

7. Best on the mic: Daniel Bryan on Talking Smack

8. Best gimmick: Chris Hero, independent wrestling god

9. Worst gimmick: The New Day

10. Angle of the year: Kento Miyahara becomes All Japan Pro Wrestling's ace

11. Worst angle/moment of the year: NOAH vs. Suzuki-gun, which almost killed NOAH

12. Best moment: Daisuke Sekimoto and Go Shiozaki chop the shit out of each other in front of Kenta Kobashi, Fortune Dream 3, June 14, 2016

13. Carny of the year: WWE Hall of Famer and President-elect Donald Trump; if we're instituting a "no Trump" rule, then Dixie Carter, surviving for another year

14. Shooter of the year: Bobby Lashley

15. Most overrated wrestler of the year: Timothy Thatcher

16. Most underrated wrestler of the year: Shuji Ishikawa

17. Comeback of the year: Goldberg

18. Most improved: Zeus

19. Move of the year: Chris Hero's ripcord elbow

20. Please retire: Big Show

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Noam Dar v Zack Sabre Jr was, again, fantastic (getting tired of using that word during this cwc but its been warranted), but its again, the sort of match that only works with a full sail style crowd.

The ending submission was crazy. Zack Sabre v Gran Metalik will be such a clash of styles tho, hopefully it works.

And now TJ Perkins v Rich Swann, exciting!

Bronx-Man

Banned
I legit had a dream last night that the entire CHIKARA roster invaded 205 Live and said it was their show until further notice.

I wonder if anyone would even notice the difference.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I dont get the whole cruiserweights on raw thing, especially when they do the whole changing the ropes thing to look like its another show. It should have been a dedicated show on the network from the start like 205 live but 2 hours.

Too late now probably.

Edit: also I feel so ancient for not knowing what this dab shit TJP does is :/

Fox318

I had a dream one where Brock and Reigns were having a he'll in a cell match on tv. The camera cut to Brock and he said "You're here, I'm here, I improvise" then he jumped off the cage and did a flying tiger knee into Reigns. He went for the pin and Reigns kicked out at 1.

Rhaknar

Hmm Rich Swann v TJP felt...off. It was good but not amazing, even the crowd was kinda out of it. Also theres a lot of fucking knee bar finishes in this cwc.

Only the final ep left now.

Top Bottom