• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cody's half-assed gimmick of 'has money is cool mens lifestyle guy is the worst
reminds me of
08d2a4e4-c4f9-39bf-4ac4-cfae4a6a96d9.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh what? I thought it was Zack Sabre vs TJP in the final, guess not. Not gonna lie tho, Metalik v TJP sounds more appealing than Zack v TJP.

Dont get me wrong this Zack Sabre v Metalik match was great as was Zack's work during the tournament, but I dont really need 2 submission guys in the final.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Welp TJP v Ibushi sure was something wasnt it?

Is Ibushi back in NJPW? Did he never leave and this was just a loan thing? Is NJPW even ok with that after WWE raided them last year?

Heroman

Banned

Is Ibushi back in NJPW? Did he never leave and this was just a loan thing? Is NJPW even ok with that after WWE raided them last year?
He isn't sign with anyone right, he just does what he wants to. And NJPW is doing pretty good right.

Silent_Z

He's been out of NJPW pretty much all year, guy's doing independent stuff all year, but showing up in DDT often. His WWE stuff is all one-off deals.

Ellsworth is going to have a chamber isn't he.
I think so. Ellsworth, AJ, Dean, Corbin, maaaaybe Dolph or maybe some other NXT call up (Nak?) or potentially returning Cena (though he won't take the belt - the record breaking win needs to mean something for him, a proper chase) and then Undertaker. Taker something something AJ shenanigans and violence and broken glass and then, boom, there's your Mania match.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
so i'm pretty sure i'm suffering from depression. sesonally or whatever.

i'm not going to say the election is responsible. but the election is probably responsible.

Zach

Yeah!

i'm not going to say the election is responsible. but the election is probably responsible.
No!

Seriously, though, it just keeps getting worse with these cabinet picks, etc. I pray to baby J that people have had enough in four years (or two, but yeah right). But we're all a bunch of know-nothing Bluekavelis, so who knows what'll happen?

Can I mention again how dope it was to see Charlotte and Sasha Banks close out Raw?

Good progress is being made, but honestly, I'm waiting until the next run of rivalries to start to REALLY see the direction they are taking. Let's get some good storylines working around those titles.

All of them. <_<

Ironwoman match should be good also.

Casiello, the head writer just got fired, and meltz hinted it was for pushing for the women's hiac to be last and the match not living up to the billing (vince can't blame hunter of course).

The ironic thing is the Ironwoman match really should go last, but vince finally managed to get reigns back in the championship picture so we all know what the main event will be.

So here is my prediction for the full WK11 card...let me know what you guys think.

0. New Japan RAMBO featuring Kot...I mean, Tiger Mask W.

1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title match: The Young Bucks vs. Roppongi Vice

2. Special Eight-Man Tag Team match: Yujiro Takahashi, Bad Luck Fale, Hangman Page, and Cody Rhodes vs. YOSHI-HASHI, Toru Yano, and the Briscoes

3. NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag Team Title Match: Satoshi Kojima, Ricochet, and David Finlay vs. SANADA, EVIL, and BUSHI

4. ROH World Title Match: Kyle O'Reilly vs. Adam Cole

5. IWGP Tag Team Title Match: Guerrillas of Destiny vs. GBH

6. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title Match: KUSHIDA vs. Hiromu Takahashi

7. Special Singles Match: Michael Elgin vs. Tomohiro Ishii

8. NEVER Openweight Title Match: Katsuyori Shibata vs. Hirooki Goto

9. IWGP Intercontinental Title Match: Tetsuya Naito vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

10. IWGP Heavyweight Title Match: Kazuchika Okada vs. Kenny Omega.

Heroman

Banned
So here is my prediction for the full WK11 card...let me know what you guys think.

2. Special Eight-Man Tag Team match: Yujiro Takahashi, Bad Luck Fale, Hangman Page, and Cody Rhodes vs. YOSHI-HASHI, Toru Yano, and the Briscoes

3. NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag Team Title Match: Satoshi Kojima, Ricochet, and David Finlay vs. SANADA, EVIL, and BUSHI

That is a fantastic card.

klonere

Banned
I don't know how the wrestlers do it but I had to take 8 steroid pills today for my throat so I don't fail to breathe when I cough and it has me feeling some kinda (downer) way.

klonere

Banned
My nominations for the 2016 Carny Awards that I sent to Heroman today:

15. Most overrated wrestler of the year: Timothy Thatcher

Avengers.

Don't do this man, don't throw away our friendship like this.

I assume you mean this in the Meltzer overrated = overpushed relative to talent because there are precious few of us out there who do rate Thatcher.

klonere

Banned
Goddamn did Juice Robinson have a legit top 3 most improved year only to end up jobbing to Cody at the Dome/K-Hall?

Life is hard for young Juice.

Avengers.

Don't do this man, don't throw away our friendship like this.

I assume you mean this in the Meltzer overrated = overpushed relative to talent because there are precious few of us out there who do rate Thatcher.

He's been exposed, and Gabe is trying to salvage it instead of moving on. So yeah, overpushed possibly because he's overrated by the booker man.

That's a good looking card, and I would be surprised if the final card is much different from this.

Is Bobby Fish booked elsewhere that day, or are we sticking him in the RAMBO?

I'm assuming the Roppongi Vice break-up happens after Wrestle Kingdom.

Zach

So after the RAW after Vengeance, I skipped ahead to Royal Rumble '02. Apparently Mr. Perfect [insert sexual abuse gif] is coming back in the Rumble. Two other things:

- Watched Jazz vs. Trish. Impossible to enjoy mostly due to Jerry Lawler. Every ten seconds it's something sexual. It's just oooverkill.
- Now I have to decide: do I want to watch this Flair/McMahon street fight? Hmmm...

I guess I'll just watch Army/Navy for now.

Tanahashi is in that video too, so hopefully there's more than just an Okada costume.

Between confirming my homie Kuma is in the game, and this NJPW collab it's truly a banner day for fans of simulated violence and kideo games!

01i6Moy.jpg

kvm5M1Z.jpg

EDIT: Holding out hope for Paul Phoenix in a Bullet Club shirt
you'll more likely to see Bryan Fury or Armor King if he gets in

So after the RAW after Vengeance, I skipped ahead to Royal Rumble '02. Apparently Mr. Perfect [insert sexual abuse gif] is coming back in the Rumble. Two other things:

- Watched Jazz vs. Trish. Impossible to enjoy mostly due to Jerry Lawler. Every ten seconds it's something sexual. It's just oooverkill.
- Now I have to decide: do I want to watch this Flair/McMahon street fight? Hmmm...

It's an ok street fight, and at least the idea of Flair selling for Vince isn't as crazy as selling for Bischoff.

Rock/Jericho is really good, though.

Edit: this rumble also completely kills the idea that wrasslers come out in 90 second or 2 minute intervals.

Seasonal depression is a thing, friend. Don't underestimate it and get rolled up.

This might cheer you up a bit: go find the Dragon Gate Fantastic Gate 2016 Night 1 ten man tag, CIMA, Dragon Kid, Gamma, Don Fujii & Masaaki Mochizuki stiffing the shit out of their newest class of rookies: Ben-K, Hyo Watanabe, Katsumi Takashima, Shun Skywalker & Yuki Yoshioka. It's the closest a Dragon Gate match ever gets to a shoot.

klonere

Banned
He's been exposed, and Gabe is trying to salvage it instead of moving on. So yeah, overpushed possibly because he's overrated by the booker man.

I suppose I'll concede that your 400+ day champion should probably be able to cut a promo.

Seasonal depression is a thing, friend. Don't underestimate it and get rolled up.

This might cheer you up a bit: go find the Dragon Gate Fantastic Gate 2016 Night 1 ten man tag, CIMA, Dragon Kid, Gamma, Don Fujii & Masaaki Mochizuki stiffing the shit out of their newest class of rookies: Ben-K, Hyo Watanabe, Katsumi Takashima, Shun Skywalker & Yuki Yoshioka. It's the closest a Dragon Gate match ever gets to a shoot.

CIMA legit kicks one of the kids in the eye. Like, straight up, you can see it all welted when he comes back out during Doi Darts.

Mochizuki's execution kick into shin over the face pin is one of the coolest wrestling things I've seen as well, I need to gif it.

Cody's naturally going to be a side guy as he's a freelancer at the moment and has obligations in ROH and TNA. Kenny is going to remain the leader due to the fact that he's an NJPW-signed wrestler and has no contracts with other companies.

Omega said that Cody would be key to BC's international takeover or something so I see him replacing Cole as the US leader next year.

Regarding the WK11 booking, supposedly Juice Robinson challenged Cody to a match there so that should be an easy transition to the New Japan style. Or maybe they'll do it at the New Year's Dash show the next night.

The biggest struggle for me when watching Ruthless Aggression era stuff is the blood and rampant sexism. During SS 2005 when HHH is facing Flair and within 5 minutes Flair is covered, it's just too much. It didn't make me sick or anything but it added no value to the overall match.

Top Bottom