• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Most are up on YouTube tho. Should do something about that.

He and Dave actually commented on it at least once, they said a significant amount of subs came from that stuff being 1) easily available and 2) going viral. They don't like every single thing being uploaded but are fine with some hilarious stuff like the TNA rants garnering attention and new subs.

I think seeing that potential is why Alvarez even started putting some audio/video up himself on an official Youtube

Lol ECCW is hillarious fun.

If you're in Vancouver you have to check it out.

Decent workrate but awesome audience interaction.

Dr. Luther threatened to slap me XD

DJKhaled

You pay to listen to Bryan Alvarez?
8DMPYvg.gif

I pay for Dave and Filthy Tom.

Bryan is just a loser who needs to start taking some valium so he calms down, I get it's his gimmick but it's lame.

Adree

I like Bryan Alvarez

I like him when he's with Filthy Tom or when Dave Meltzer is totally no-selling a joke. I mostly wish he'd drop some of that radio cadence.

Vinny is the worst one of them all so I take pleasure in hearing him suffer through Raw.

Cody's indie run is both offensive and mediocre. He's literally just going around and getting matches with all his "faves" based off his name and not his skill level.

Yeah Cody is one of the ex-WWE that I want out of the indies.

He is having mediocre matches with great talent, 2-3 star matches with guys that could have a 4 star match with a broom.

He is everywhere: TNA, ROH, Evolve, PWG, UK indies, and now NJPW.

He politics his wife to be a wrestler in TNA when she haves like 0 experience.

Trump supporter.

He deserves to be the exclusive champion of Global Force Wrestling.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So much shade being thrown at Cody because he's doing what he wants to do and wouldn't have been able to do with the WWE.

Let him enjoy himself, and I'm sure in like... 4-5 years he'll be back in the WWE.

So much shade being thrown at Cody because he's doing what he wants to do and wouldn't have been able to do with the WWE.

Let him enjoy himself, and I'm sure in like... 4-5 years he'll be back in the WWE.

Do you think is fair for the rest of the TNA women wrestlers to have Brandi, some one with no experience, to take their time because Cody wants his wife to wrestle?

Heck, TNA probably pays her more that the rest of the women wrestlers.

Heroman

Banned
Do you think is fair for the rest of the TNA women wrestlers to have Brandi, some one with no experience, to take their time because Cody wants his wife to wrestle?

Heck, TNA probably pays her more that the rest of the women wrestlers.
Pro wrestling isn't a fair sport.

Fox318

kGkIpYS.png

SHOOTMAS Day 11

AWA/NJPW's Billy Robinson vs NJPW's Antonio Inoki

A classic match between two of the greatest in ring performers ever. Robinson was trained at the famous Snake Pit in the UK and is widely reguarded as on of the greatest catch wrestlers of all time. He has trained some of the greatest prowrestlers, Catch Wrestlers, and MMA fighters of all time.

Inoki on the other hand may have birthed modern MMA with his match against Ali and his matches against other martial artists and his promotion of shoot fighting helped popularize the sport today.

https://youtu.be/n1oT-YtmHdI

LegitShook article on the match and source for gifs
http://www.legitshook.com/inokiera/2015/1/12/random-inoki-era-3

Past Days

Recall

Yeah Cody is one of the ex-WWE that I want out of the indies.

He is having mediocre matches with great talent, 2-3 star matches with guys that could have a 4 star match with a broom.

Same happened with every talent that left WWE and had to tour the indies.

Shelton Benjamin, Christian, Matt Hardy in 2005, the ugly one from MNM etc etc

Hell it Taijiri fucking eons to remember how to actually work again.

Jamie OD

Seeing talk on Twitter this morning that WWE's UK announcement next week will be for a CWC style tournament for British wrestlers. The editor for Fighting Spirit Magazine confirmed that invitations for such an idea have been passed around. So I guess this ties in with the UK contracts story from last week to combat World of Sport's revival. Seriously lads this part of the world is going to be a major behind the scenes battleground in 2017.

Wanted to watch a random show picked Clash of Champions XXXV (the last WCW Clash) and the host and chef from TBS' Dinner and a Movie turned heel on Mean Gene , joined the nwo, and the host ate a diamond cutter...

I fucking love wrestling.

Seeing talk on Twitter this morning that WWE's UK announcement next week will be for a CWC style tournament for British wrestlers. The editor for Fighting Spirit Magazine confirmed that invitations for such an idea have been passed around. So I guess this ties in with the UK contracts story from last week to combat World of Sport's revival. Seriously lads this part of the world is going to be a major behind the scenes battleground in 2017.

It's kinda amusing how much WWE are shitting themselves over what will probably end up being filler TV.

Per Casiello himself, his position was eliminated, that's it. No bigger story, nothing fun or juicy.
https://twitter.com/tommiecas/status/807701877349646337

Well if they wanted to get rid of him with minimum fuss, "getting rid of the position" is probably the easiest way anyhow. Not like they need any writers given vince just ends up doing his own thing anyway

hahaha, wwf's really trying to kill WoS before it even gets a full series. must be really worried about how many people are going to be watching WoS (which will probably be more then watch raw in the US).

How insecure do you have to be in order to consider ITV competition

ITV.

I know right? wwf scared of the coronation street network.

I think all they see is the huge viewing figures on the station. I wouldn't be surprised if the WoS pilot did close to 10+ million if ITV advertise it properly.

More curious as to what it'll retain if it turns into an actual series. 5 mill maybe?

Initially it was going to be on New Year's Day itself, or after midnight, but the fact that ITV have positioned the WoS premiere in prime time on New Year's Eve suggests they have some faith in it and (if it does well) we could be seeing some more.

God I was thinking about the women's division, could you imagine Molly, Jazz, Victoria, Gail Kim and even women like Ivory and Jacqueline all being part of what the division is now.

I guess we'll get a taste of it with Mickie James now returning, but this is the most exciting time in women's wrestling in probably the past 30 years if not longer.

Heroman

Banned
God I was thinking about the women's division, could you imagine Molly, Jazz, Victoria, Gail Kim and even women like Ivory and Jacqueline all being part of what the division is now.

I guess we'll get a taste of it with Mickie James now returning, but this is the most exciting time in women's wrestling in probably the past 30 years if not longer.
You probably love 80s to 90s joshi stuff.

Jamie OD

I know right? wwf scared of the coronation street network.

I think all they see is the huge viewing figures on the station. I wouldn't be surprised if the WoS pilot did close to 10+ million if ITV advertise it properly.

More curious as to what it'll retain if it turns into an actual series. 5 mill maybe?

The only thing getting 10+ million viewers is the New Year countdown. Last year the top 10 shows were in the 5-8 million area and even then I'd be shocked if WOS will reach those numbers.

Well, probably not if you're Japanese. They've had it great over there since the eighties at least, with wrestlers like the Jumping Bomb Angels who were so good that when they came to the wwf for a while, they were asked to tone it down as they were showing up everyone on whatever card they were on.

In the US you're right though, I think this is the first time women have been so well featured in a major promotion for decades (which is more or less vince's fault I guess). Ironwoman match should be awesome.

Well, probably not if you're Japanese. They've had it great over there since the eighties at least, with wrestlers like the Jumping Bomb Angels who were so good that when they came to the wwf for a while, they were asked to tone it down as they were showing up everyone on whatever card they were on.

In the US you're right though, I think this is the first time women have been so well featured in a major promotion for decades (which is more or less vince's fault I guess). Ironwoman match should be awesome.

Yeah I should have specified North America...

I loved the Jumping Bomb Angels.

The only thing getting 10+ million viewers is the New Year countdown. Last year the top 10 shows were in the 5-8 million area and even then I'd be shocked if WOS will reach those numbers.

We'll see! I think it'll defo do over 8mill. They're going be doing some retrospective clips interspersed with the action, so there'll be a lot of nostalgia on the pilot show for the old show.

Zach

I've seen a couple Jumping Bomb Angels matches and they were great!

But back to what I was gonna say: this '02 Royal Rumble is a top five Rumble. It's been pretty enjoyable throughout.

Zach

People were still pretty excited for trash town Kane. In 2002. So good for him.

My god! Triple H wins! The gassed-up Game's reign of terror is about to begin!

Top Bottom