• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Syder

nAewR70.gif
Flipvember is over.

Can someone explain the Wyatt/Orton "story". Also the blue Smackdown titles look WAY better than the original penny one's

Wyatt compelled Orton to join the family via freaky deaky snake like mind control. Now Randy's the top guy in the fam and Luke Harper is a belt rack. Kane has something to do with something.

Honestly, it's better than pretty much any story happening in Raw at the moment.

I'm so glad Randys actually joining them and it wasn't a repeat of the Bryan story.

I'm sure there will be a rift break up down the line though.

His days with the WWE are numbered.

Media executives already view him as the next Dwayne Johnson
They're gonna forget that The Rock's solo drawing power didn't take off until after Fast Five (ten years after his Hollywood career began) and be stunned when they shoehorn Cena into a $150M blockbuster leading role and it bombs so hard it leaves an impact crater.

ReiGun

I was just thinking today that people might be jumping the gun thinking Cena is the next big thing in Hollywood. Not saying it can't happen, but the main thing he's known for is WWE, which has much less cultural relevance now compared to when Rock bounced. It's gonna take a while for him to build real mainstream cred.

Better call up Big Dave and see if he can't get in on that Marvel gravy train.

oh my god

Rock's beef with Vin Diesel was a complete work for Fast 8

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=226418689

He worked the internet into a shoot, fucking marks.
Once a carny, always a carny.

Menome

They're gonna forget that The Rock's solo drawing power didn't take off until after Fast Five (ten years after his Hollywood career began) and be stunned when they shoehorn Cena into a $150M blockbuster leading role and it bombs so hard it leaves an impact crater.

I'm still baffled at how Dwayne Johnson is one of the world's biggest movie-stars considering how sub-par most of his catalogue is. Is it purely because of the Furious movies and Moana?

I'm still baffled at how Dwayne Johnson is one of the world's biggest movie-stars considering how sub-par most of his catalogue is. Is it purely because of the Furious movies and Moana?
He ended up taking a lot of the credit for why Fast Five and Journey 2 ended up doing so well. The closest thing he's had to a dud since is Hercules, and that could have done a lot worse without him. I think the strongest indicator of his mainstream appeal is actually San Andreas; it did extremely well last year despite disaster films being really passé.

Pikma

Banned
He ended up taking a lot of the credit for why Fast Five and Journey 2 ended up doing so well. The closest thing he's had to a dud since is Hercules, and that could have done a lot worse without him. I think the strongest indicator of his mainstream appeal is actually San Andreas; it did extremely well last year despite disaster films being really passé.
Alexandra Daddario is the real draw

MC Safety

Can someone explain the Wyatt/Orton "story". Also the blue Smackdown titles look WAY better than the original penny one's

Everybody is happy because Bray Wyatt now has a title.

Randy Orton is a viper, except now he is at least temporarily an ally of the guys who beat him up.

Zach

Hey, someone must've told Scott Hall to fix the hair situation for the RAW after No Way Out '02, so that's good. He still doesn't look right in a regular ol' nWo T-shirt tucked into jeans, though. Where's his patented, weird, cut-up, cool-guy nWo shirt? : (

(I'm assuming it's because he's out of shape.)

The most remarkable thing about Scott Hall's 2002 stint is that he sells the stunner something fierce.

I could totally buy that he does it as a joke, but it's impressive nonetheless.

Welp, as hinted at by all the scuttlebutt on twitter and his lack of bookings in 2017, it appears that the rumours about Hero being resigned by the WWE are true;

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/chris-hero-heading-back-wwe-226336

What a crazy year he's had though, one of the best in-ring years any performer has had in a good long while. Glad I got to see him perform live and in some goddamn amazing matches.

Wow, who would've thought. I'll eat crow on this one.

Didn't think I'd see him ever brought back after that first exit, was wrong

Will say if he exits again, he's not coming back. Whether it's due to retirement or bad blood on at least one side

Top Bottom