• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Fox318

Mark-Henry2.jpg

$$$$$
It's a crime he never got a run with the belt.

All he had to do was be himself and he would have fucking drew.

Here's the full Wrestle Kingdom 11 Card:

0. New Japan Rumble

1. Tiger Mask W Special Match: Tiger Mask W vs. Tiger the Dark

2. IWGP Jr. Tag Team Title Match: The Young Bucks vs. Roppongi Vice

3. NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag Team Title Gauntlet Match: Satoshi Kojima, Ricochet, and David Finlay vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (SANADA, EVIL, and BUSHI) vs. CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI, and Will Ospreay) vs. Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi, and Hangman Page)

4. Special Singles Match: Cody vs. Juice Robinson

5. ROH World Heavyweight Title Match: Kyle O'Reilly vs. Adam Cole

6. IWGP Tag Team TItle Match: Guerillas of Destiny vs. GBH

7. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title Match: KUSHIDA vs. Hiromu Takahashi

8. NEVER Openweight Title Match: Katsuyori Shibata vs. Hirooki Goto

9. IWGP Intercontinental Title Match: Tetsuya Naito vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

10. IWGP Heavyweight Title Match: Kazuchika Okada vs. Kenny Omega

Hasney

I think the issue is less his age overall and more the fact a guy his age might be on NXT where most of the main event tier stars are over 35 when the brand is developmental.

I thnk it's pretty obvious at this point that ever since HHH announced it was becoming a touring brand, it stopped being developmental. Sure it has an element to it, but it's now just another brand and some of the guys in it will never be called up and just be a "draw for NXT" or whatever.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Naito gonna lose to lolTANAwins isnt he? ;_;

klonere

Banned
I guess when you have an all time legendary year on the indies, you can head back to the Fed for a new challenge.

Godspeed Chris Hero. I hope End/Hero happens just so people get really mad at the most excessive tag team spots/matches this side of Kenta/Marufuji.

Menome

So I was showering and the thought occurred to me: How did Roman Reigns beating HHH at WM32 result in the defeat of The Authority?

Toki767

Catching up on Lucha Underground.

Just got to the whole Black Lotus Triad vs Pentagon Dark show.

Damn at Io Shirai.

Just one weird thing. The Triad are supposed to be a Chinese organization similar to the Yakuza in Japan.

Seems weird that they all get Japanese names (even though I realize they're all Japanese except Black Lotus who actually is of Chinese descent).

0. New Japan Rumble

3. NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag Team Title Gauntlet Match: Satoshi Kojima, Ricochet, and David Finlay vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (SANADA, EVIL, and BUSHI) vs. CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI, and Will Ospreay) vs. Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi, and Hangman Page)

At least it wasn't another multi-team junior tag title match. And the gauntlet match switches it up a bit for the NEVER trios title.

And good for Juice Robinson getting a singles match at Wrestle Kingdom.

Man NJPW have a LOT of belts don't they.

Great, I'll have to check it out. I keep meaning to watch some Dijak stuff, he gets a lot of hype.

If you get the Rev Pro gimmick for Global Wars, he had a match on one of the Cockpit shows with Bodom which was real fun live

klonere

Banned
There is something bizarre about Juice, who was slotted in as opening act enhancement talent (and was rather good at it) during the peak of DustyNXT, leaving, going to NJPW, starting from the actual bottom, living in the dojo, jobbing hardcore and improving immensely to now jobbing out to Dusty's throughly average son who has been handed clean wins and focus everywhere he's gone based off nothing but a name?

There is a pretty high possibility that Juice will absolutely outshine Cody though, I hope that does happen.

If you get the Rev Pro gimmick for Global Wars, he had a match on one of the Cockpit shows with Bodom which was real fun live

Did you just admit to liking a Bodom match?!?!

shit

it's only cause dijak was being a massive tryhard, and bodum was pretty much taking it

I was excited for a Bodum match when I thought his match with Ishii was just going to be him getting beat to fuck, but then he went over :/

There is something bizarre about Juice, who was slotted in as opening act enhancement talent (and was rather good at it) during the peak of DustyNXT, leaving, going to NJPW, starting from the actual bottom, living in the dojo, jobbing hardcore and improving immensely to now jobbing out to Dusty's throughly average son who has been handed clean wins and focus everywhere he's gone based off nothing but a name?

There is a pretty high possibility that Juice will absolutely outshine Cody though, I hope that does happen.

I think Juice will outshine Cody. I dont dislike Cody as much as some on here (not that I really like him or anything) but Juice has been delivering lately.

klonere

Banned
Forgot juice Robinson existed. Can't say I'm too excited

He's rather good, I would say check out his match vs. Kyle O' Reilly from a few months back, very enjoyable.

shit

it's only cause dijak was being a massive tryhard, and bodum was pretty much taking it

I was excited for a Bodum match when I thought his match with Ishii was just going to be him getting beat to fuck, but then he went over :/

Hah, same with the Hero match. Was expecting a massacre.

Yeah I don't quite understand Bodom's RPW booking; he's clearly positioned as the young up and coming heel star but he doesn't wrestle that heel-ish, he isn't that good and he hasn't ascended up the card all that much. Even if he does get wins over big names, it doesn't seem to stick.

BANTER CLAUS
oAtNtc9l.jpg

oKOqBpY.gif

Yeah I don't quite understand Bodom's RPW booking; he's clearly positioned as the young up and coming heel star but he doesn't wrestle that heel-ish, he isn't that good and he hasn't ascended up the card all that much. Even if he does get wins over big names, it doesn't seem to stick.
That's what fucks me off most, he's supposed to be a heel but he had this entire match with Jay White where he was playing to the crowd like a super babyface, and he's standing and trading strikes with Ishii and Hero

I assume they were trying to push him up the card, but then after his last 2 big wins, he disappeared off their shows for months, and only returned last month

klonere

Banned
This is what happens when PWO forum posters go outside.

I know, its from F4W but the tone of the post is PWO distilled to a fine, salty essence.

CzeLvbiXEAESKvk.jpg

That's what fucks me off most, he's supposed to be a heel but he had this entire match with Jay White where he was playing to the crowd like a super babyface, and he's standing and trading strikes with Ishii and Hero

I assume they were trying to push him up the card, but then after his last 2 big wins, he disappeared off their shows for months, and only returned last month

God bless Dave Mastiff, a king amongst men.

Yup, it makes no sense. And apparently he threw up on the ramp after his match against Honma. Maybe it was all the grease.

What happened to the kamaitachi name? Last thing I would want us to be associated with Yujiro

Hard to copyright, as the name's from Japanese folklore - also, it was a good sign that the crowd immediately responded to him as Hiromu, rather than chanting Kamaitachi.

From what I gather from his arguing with fans on twitter, he doesn't think much of the whole heel/face business. Also, Andy mentioned something about an attitude problem as the reason why he wasn't booked for a while, don't know if that was storyline or what though.

From what I gather from his arguing with fans on twitter, he doesn't think much of the whole heel/face business. Also, Andy mentioned something about an attitude problem as the reason why he wasn't booked for a while, don't know if that was storyline or what though.
Wouldn't be outside his reputation...

2ISfaFP.gif

Kornflayx

Why someone would go to a show they know they're going to hate is beyond me. It's not for me either and I understand some of his critiques but I'm not going to a show just to shit on it.

They should go back to watching their god and savior, 70's Jerry Lawler

Heroman

Banned

0. New Japan Rumble

That is a really good card.

Yeah, I feel that match will go over like a wet fart.

Watching Rush in the tag tourney I'm really surprised he isn't in wwf. I'd think Vince would salivate over having him. Wonder if wwf didn't offer enough money or Rush wants to stay in mexico.

Or maybe la sombra warned him off.

Top Bottom