• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Anth0ny

Here's the full Wrestle Kingdom 11 Card:

0. New Japan Rumble

1. Tiger Mask W Special Match: Tiger Mask W vs. Tiger the Dark

2. IWGP Jr. Tag Team Title Match: The Young Bucks vs. Roppongi Vice

3. NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag Team Title Gauntlet Match: Satoshi Kojima, Ricochet, and David Finlay vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (SANADA, EVIL, and BUSHI) vs. CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI, and Will Ospreay) vs. Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi, and Hangman Page)

4. Special Singles Match: Cody vs. Juice Robinson

5. ROH World Heavyweight Title Match: Kyle O'Reilly vs. Adam Cole

6. IWGP Tag Team TItle Match: Guerillas of Destiny vs. GBH

7. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title Match: KUSHIDA vs. Hiromu Takahashi

8. NEVER Openweight Title Match: Katsuyori Shibata vs. Hirooki Goto

9. IWGP Intercontinental Title Match: Tetsuya Naito vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

10. IWGP Heavyweight Title Match: Kazuchika Okada vs. Kenny Omega

sick fucking card

looks like I'll be doing my annual "stay up all night to watch real wrestling from japan"

Yeah, Cody getting a singles match while others more deserving are stuck in tags kinda sucks, but I'm happy to see Juice get a prominent position on the card - he's been steadily improving this year.

The big question, who's going to play Tiger the Dark/Black Tiger?

Yeah, Cody getting a singles match while others more deserving are stuck in tags kinda sucks, but I'm happy to see Juice get a prominent position on the card - he's been steadily improving this year.

The big question, who's going to play Tiger the Dark/Black Tiger?

Kenny Omega, because of course Ibushi and Omega would pull something like that.

Catching up on Lucha Underground.

Just got to the whole Black Lotus Triad vs Pentagon Dark show.

Damn at Io Shirai.

Just one weird thing. The Triad are supposed to be a Chinese organization similar to the Yakuza in Japan.

Seems weird that they all get Japanese names (even though I realize they're all Japanese except Black Lotus who actually is of Chinese descent).

Asians all look alike according to Lucha Underground!

Kenny Omega, because of course Ibushi and Omega would pull something like that.

Omega wouldn't possibly be so stupid as to do that when he's main eventing the Dome

It's probably ACH

This is what happens when PWO forum posters go outside.

I know, its from F4W but the tone of the post is PWO distilled to a fine, salty essence.

CzeLvbiXEAESKvk.jpg

God bless Dave Mastiff, a king amongst men.

Yup, it makes no sense. And apparently he threw up on the ramp after his match against Honma. Maybe it was all the grease.

This looks like something Data West would post. Or stro.

What a mark.

0. New Japan Rumble

3. NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag Team Title Gauntlet Match: Satoshi Kojima, Ricochet, and David Finlay vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (SANADA, EVIL, and BUSHI) vs. CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI, and Will Ospreay) vs. Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi, and Hangman Page)

Damn, the back half of this card is great. I'll probably just skip right to the ROH match and go from there. I've never cared for the Six Man matches, but maybe it'll be worth it for Los & Chaos.

0. New Japan Rumble

Was Cody to scurred of Ishii?!?

Recall

I have mixed feelings about that WK card but as long as the main event and one other match give me that action I crave then I'll be fine.

That trios gauntlet screams total trash though.

Anth0ny

It's pretty much a yearly tradition at this point that the match of the year is going to be at WK. Amazing when you think about it.

klonere

Banned
idk the trios thing looks like a lot of fun, a lot of really interesting matchups in there. Too much talent in it for it at least not to be an easy watch.

klonere

Banned
An NXT with Tommy End, Hero and Roddy on top is far more appealing to me than one with Nakamerica, Joe and Bobby fucking Roode.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
cwc finals were...slightly disapointing? I mean, it was a fine match, and granted they had the semis earlier aswell so they had to be knackered, but still it felt a bit sloppy and, I dunno, something was missing.

TJ Perkins chest / shoulder area from those slaps tho o_O

TJ_Perkins_chest_gross.0.png

but yeah, overall a great production and a compelte must see like you guys said

I can't believe Del Rio got into a fight with one of those turtles.

Liklihood of a Chris Hero + Cesaro getting back together?

Actually, we all know Hero is going to spend 18 months in NXT feuding with another indie star.
Cesaro is going onto to a six month tag team championship reign with Sheamus. Believe that.

Fox318

Only thing disappointing about the CWC finals was that they took place in fullsail.

TJP was fantastic and his story felt real.

Any other arena would have been cheering the guy but the people at full sail wanted the people who weren't signed to win because they knew the scoops.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Chris Hero signed with NXT?

well with WWE but you know what I mean

Anth0ny

Orton on the Wyatt storyline:

At first, I wasn't quite sure, but now that we're in the middle of it and me and Bray and Luke are tag champs, everything's feeling right. And I get to do what I love to do best and that's be a heel. So each week is a little different. It's not getting stale. Nothing against Sheamus, but it's not working Sheamus every night for six months.

Motivated Orton is the best Orton. as stupid as this storyline was, I really hope they don't just go all "lol I was just a snek all along" with Orton and just have him as a Wyatt member until it gets stale. Wyatts are elevated by his presence, and Orton just having a fresh coat of paint helps him as well.

Top Bottom