• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Dreaming of a Vanilla Christmas

Kaladin

Only thing disappointing about the CWC finals was that they took place in fullsail.

TJP was fantastic and his story felt real.

Any other arena would have been cheering the guy but the people at full sail wanted the people who weren't signed to win because they knew the scoops.

Full Sail was cheering him on in full by the end. It was an amazing turn around to see actually.

I love ibushi telling trips to fuck of so he can wrestle a Tokyo done dark match ad an anime character

It's not a dark match, it's actually a part of the show itself.

I bet it will probably still be show free on NJPWWorld though along with the rumble.

Plus I have my sneaking suspicions that's not the only reason he's there...

To be fair, I think working with anyone for six months straight would kill your drive a bit
XLVtm.jpg

Fox318

Full Sail was cheering him on in full by the end. It was an amazing turn around to see actually.

Only when he started to get fucking red and he was getting chopped.

Even the speech at the end which sounded fucking real and like it came from his heart there were people trying to get themselves over.

Orton on the Wyatt storyline:

Motivated Orton is the best Orton. as stupid as this storyline was, I really hope they don't just go all "lol I was just a snek all along" with Orton and just have him as a Wyatt member until it gets stale. Wyatts are elevated by his presence, and Orton just having a fresh coat of paint helps him as well.

Orton should just do tag team/stable matches

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
any suggestions on the network besides nxt specials and CWC?

any suggestions on the network besides nxt specials and CWC?
Total Divas

If you ever want to check out good matches of wrestlers and not just good overall PPV's, there's a guy on the wrestling reddit who has made posts with compilations of their best matches with links attached to be taken to them on the Network.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Total Divas

If you ever want to check out good matches of wrestlers and not just good overall PPV's, there's a guy on the wrestling reddit who has made posts with compilations of their best matches with links attached to be taken to them on the Network.

you can create links of matches directly to the network?

you can create links of matches directly to the network?
I don't think you can do it to the very second of when the match starts but you can to the show on which it happens and most PPV's (unless I think Benoit is on the card where they leave it blank either all the way through or they just have a blank for when his match would be happening and you'd have to fast-forward to find it) have the stamps you can skip through.

Sephzilla

Emma's someone I've always wanted to like but never was able to buy in to her. Her wrestling is just okay and she always sounds half disinterested when she delivers her promos.

KO made a kid cry and the mom is complaining. Who cares, it's fucking fake. You got worked. I wish more heels could make parents and kids cry.

Rhaknar

these early nxt specials were kinda rough. Also Tyson Kidd in the main even lol >_>

Sephzilla

these early nxt specials were kinda rough. Also Tyson Kidd in the main even lol >_>

Tyson Kidd ended up being great in NXT though

djgtu52.gif

It's a shame he had to have that injury though. After NXT I thought he had all the potential to be a fantastic mid-card heel

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Injury or not, the most I could see out of TJ is either continual endless tag limbo wiht Cesaro or the Kendrick CW spot.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
. Konnan says AAA tried to trademark the name Alberto el Patron, which led to an enraged Alberto coming to the AAA offices and slapping Dorian Roldan. The story goes Dorian claimed they were doing it to protect Alberto, but Alberto didn’t believe it. There is in fact an AAA trademark for that name (as LigerFever has in screen shots), which AAA’s since given up on.
Dorian is the head booker by the way

Rhaknar

ok this match is pretty good, I take my TK diss back

Sephzilla

Injury or not, the most I could see out of TJ is either continual endless tag limbo wiht Cesaro or the Kendrick CW spot.

Probably. Honestly I think a mid-card champion would have been his ceiling, but I would have liked it based on his NXT work. Honestly his tag work with Cesaro was pretty good too.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Well, well, well....

I would be highly surprised if three separate sources turned out to be completely wrong.

It didn't even appear to be a case of Meltzer vaguely saying something and then people running with it. They all claimed to have independently verified it. Hero's probably working people.

Probably. Honestly I think a mid-card champion would have been his ceiling, but I would have liked it based on his NXT work. Honestly his tag work with Cesaro was pretty good too.

The Cruiserweight division combined with random NXT appearance has been a remarkable crummy way to get any of these guys over. Gargano and Ciampa got lucky as fuck to have gotten over, signed and slotted into being regular members of the NXT roster before the Cruiserweight BS started where they randomly appear on Raw, and SmackDown and NXT at the same time randomly. It makes them come off as Enhancement Plus talent.

It's just baffling to me: they've signed so many cruiserweights, but almost none of them do basically anything on Raw, which is always going to be the main exposure they get. Kendrick is like the only guy who ever even says anything. The current CW champion has had like two promo sentences the entire time. But they're still signing all these guys despite clearly having very little interest in putting them on television. It doesn't make any sense.

Emma's someone I've always wanted to like but never was able to buy in to her. Her wrestling is just okay and she always sounds half disinterested when she delivers her promos.

I liked Emma/Dana, but it was kind of hard to keep them looking strong when Dana's job was to put people over and Emma didn't even wrestle all that much. The Peyton Royce/Billie Kay thing is almost the identical faction/gimmick except neither of them are anywhere near as good as Emma (and Emma isn't great to begin with.).

Rhaknar

Third nxt special: Takeover 4-way Neville v Tyson Kidd v Sami v Breeze, that could be fun

I also saw sasha and bayley in the promo so I guess they had popped up by then.

Im not sure when I actually started watching them, probably around 2015 or something. Neville v Sami might have been the first, im not sure. Anyway, lets do this.

Cosmozone

It has to be. The promos have been so 2002, I simply can't believe she isn't coming back to either rip into that, or somehow just ignore them.
It's not, apparently. A house show video has appeared on Twitter (found via Reddit):
https://twitter.com/wrestlingog/status/808126329069731840
(audio warning, don't turn volume too high or use headphones since there's a jarring scream from the audience at the start)

emma_fingerj7utq.gif

Bye-Bye ;_;

Edit: Emma was actually one of the two female wrestlers I liked when I started watching WWE again a year or two or so ago. The other one was Natalya. Never heard of both before or any of the others to that matter. Didn't like Paige that much and HATED AJ Lee. Summer Rae and Layla(?) were in a super-cringey feud at the time. Damn that was awful.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Ugh

WWE better not be going back to attitude era level shit. between this and Lana/Enzo stuff, ugh

There's definitely a push to increase a bit of the edginess. It doesn't seem like they're going to go full attitude era. I'm not even sure they could now that the women's division is a legitimate part of the show instead of just random fanservice/piss breaks.

Fox318

If I ever brought a sign to a wrestling event it would be:

"Emma, your gloves aren't on all the way"

Or something along those lines.

Top Bottom